Epic Universe Ticketing Speculation | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Epic Universe Ticketing Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well 12 attractions, most of which are brand spanking new, is a whole lot more than 2. Expecting people to pay full theme park prices for 2 new rides requires a whole lot more hubris than a whole_ass new park.

Little bit different there.
Sure, but unless Universal thinks otherwise, both WDW & UOR have some massive discounts on multi-day tickets at the moment since people don't find value in paying full price anymore. I'm not saying people aren't interested in Epic Universe... but people do have to consider value out of a theme park experience. Us fans and frequent Orlando visitors will guarantee a visit, but what about the majority if WDW continues with their heavy discounting on tickets/vacation packages?

At the moment WDW is preparing to counteract UOR in 2025 with no more park reservations (excluding APs), dining deals, Free Water Park access and decent discounts on multi-day passes (around $89 per day).

Ticketing Page Update - They added a feature to the left of the page to select each park now, with a nice 4th clear spot for Epic Universe.
1719434023428.png

and....opening in the summer...with decreasing tourist demand the last 5 or 6 years.....Summer is no longer the go to time to visit Orlando parks. Demand, after the first month might not be as high as some people think, especially weekdays.

I mean, god I hope some of you are right

If next summer isn't that bad then great for me. I'm expecting it to be hell and everything being crowded

Since we are speculating My guess is that next summer will be the busiest in a while....many people here think no one knows about Epic universe but I get sent texts all the time from people asking me what I know about this park...but I'm just speculating

Universal has no actual incentive to let AP holders flood their new park, especially AP holders who did not pay for access to a theme park that was not included in the AP agreement in the first place. Universal’s preference is to maximize profits when the park is at its newest, which means limiting free admission beyond what is necessary.

I don’t foresee Universal granting APs access to Epic beyond the barest minimum simply to say they did. Universal knows people will want to attend Epic in its first year. So Universal will make as many people as possible, including APs, pay for the honor.

I agree but want to comment on the bolded and italicized part. I don't think Universal will offer any admission to Epic to existing 2 or 3 park APs EXCEPT for those who upgrade their pass to include Epic (minus previews). That's your control point, one that you can turn on and off as required. (Of course this is my guess because I have no info on this).

I expect this to be busy, but I don't believe without AP's they'll be able to have enough people in the park to justify the expenses and number of employees that will be needed. I feel like they need to have attendance be somewhat level so they aren't making dramatic shift changes when they already appear to be understaffed on the whole.

I know these were different times, but I don't remember a park opening that was completely successful.

VB - Major issues with rides, some safety issues (going by memory of news, friends, and here please correct if wrong. I still haven't been)
IOA - Didn't feel all that busy, lots of issues with rides as well as safety issues
AK - felt empty and lack luster, most people I know felt like it was the park to skip just because the opening was so meh

Reactions: Mad Dog
Universal has no actual incentive to let AP holders flood their new park, especially AP holders who did not pay for access to a theme park that was not included in the AP agreement in the first place. Universal’s preference is to maximize profits when the park is at its newest, which means limiting free admission beyond what is necessary.

I don’t foresee Universal granting APs access to Epic beyond the barest minimum simply to say they did. Universal knows people will want to attend Epic in its first year. So Universal will make as many people as possible, including APs, pay for the honor.
And I get that. I was more thinking of the APs who pay to upgrade getting more time during softs. Especially the highest level pass. I would think they would want to smooth out operations. Blacking out AP holders up to 6 months and not allowing them to soft open seems like they could lose AP holders and lose out on stuff. I mean if I can't get a decent amount in softs if at all and get blacked out I will drop the AP and see them in a couple years when I cycle back thru. I am not holding these insanely expensive passes for 6 months for 5 people to maybe eventually be allowed in.

Its interesting to see AP's think they would be able to go into the parks when it opens

I have a MK at Disneyland if a third gate opened, Id assume Id still only be able to go to 2 parks until they update the prices and structure

My plan is to stay at a hotel that gives me express for one of the two current parks open...what are the chances they give the same benefits for Epic? I assume low but wanted to ask
I don't expect to get in with my current pass. But I do expect to get an option to upgrade my pass to include the 3rd. I don't think anyone on here has ever said they expected to just get into Epic without some kind of upgrade price. Even during softs if they only allow people who upgraded I have no issues. But to basically not grant any access with any way to upgrade seems like bad optics to me. And I question how successful those first couple months will be and how much they might lose in APs dropping.

And I get that. I was more thinking of the APs who pay to upgrade getting more time during softs. Especially the highest level pass. I would think they would want to smooth out operations. Blacking out AP holders up to 6 months and not allowing them to soft open seems like they could lose AP holders and lose out on stuff. I mean if I can't get a decent amount in softs if at all and get blacked out I will drop the AP and see them in a couple years when I cycle back thru. I am not holding these insanely expensive passes for 6 months for 5 people to maybe eventually be allowed in.

I don't expect to get in with my current pass. But I do expect to get an option to upgrade my pass to include the 3rd. I don't think anyone on here has ever said they expected to just get into Epic without some kind of upgrade price. Even during softs if they only allow people who upgraded I have no issues. But to basically not grant any access with any way to upgrade seems like bad optics to me. And I question how successful those first couple months will be and how much they might lose in APs dropping.
bad optics how?

Like if they don't let you upgrade are you going to cancel your pass or not go to Epic Universe

This is the company which now allows you to get early access for USH and HHN (USH) for a fee when it used to be apart of the AP program for free

Last edited:
bad optics how?

Like if they don't let you upgrade are you going to cancel your pass or not go to Epic Universe

This is the company which now allows you to get early access for USH and HHN for a fee when it used to be apart of the AP program for free
I will cancel. I rotate thru and I would only keep it past my expiration in March if I can upgrade and get into Epic. I have had multiple friends tell me they are doing the same, keeping it longer just to do Epic. They would be smart to lock us into another year if we upgrade.

When has passholders in Orlando been able to get early access to HHN for free? As long as I have had a pass I have always had to pay for HHN.

I am fine with being blacked out 3 months. But no softs too? That seems crazy.

Reactions: saint.piss
I would guess the daily Orlando AP percentage, especially on weekends, is a significant number in relation to the park's attendance.....And, they had an AP rebellion of sorts when it came to Hollywood Hogsmeade's disappointing grand opening months.. Epic could be worse if handled poorly. I can hear the rallying cry now, "Remember the Hogsmeade (Alamo)" . ;) :nervous:

Last edited:
I will cancel. I rotate thru and I would only keep it past my expiration in March if I can upgrade and get into Epic. I have had multiple friends tell me they are doing the same, keeping it longer just to do Epic. They would be smart to lock us into another year if we upgrade.

When has passholders in Orlando been able to get early access to HHN for free? As long as I have had a pass I have always had to pay for HHN.

I am fine with being blacked out 3 months. But no softs too? That seems crazy.
If Universal does it then great, I'm just not under any impresses that these companies care about guests at all. I guess its another beast but I'm under no impression that if Disneyland opened a third park there would even be an upgrade option but maybe its just different

I updated my post because USH is the park where they have taken away AP benefits and from what I can tell didn't affect the park or AP numbers

If Universal does it then great, I'm just not under any impresses that these companies care about guests at all. I guess its another beast but I'm under no impression that if Disneyland opened a third park there would even be an upgrade option but maybe its just different

I updated my post because USH is the park where they have taken away AP benefits and from what I can tell didn't affect the park or AP numbers
USH makes sense, I know nothing about that.

I don't really remember any benefits being removed since the last time I had passes. The top level is pretty much the same other than way more expensive.

I could be wrong, they don't let us in softs and black out APs for 6 months and Epic is a huge success and attendance in Studios and IOA doesn't drop a ton. But I just don't think that will be the case. I think it is being overestimated how many people run to Epic that first 3 months. And I think removing APs will make it worse. But again, I could totally be wrong.

I'm expecting, for at least the first summer EU is open, wait times similar to Magic Kingdom on a given summer day.

Maybe I'm crazy.
So far, MK's June has been September like. Most days since June 7th are super low 1, 2 & 3 level crowds (10 being the highest) per Touring Plans. We were there (MK) for two 1 level days and one level 5 day. Crazy low waits. No Genie + needed.

I'm expecting, for at least the first summer EU is open, wait times similar to Magic Kingdom on a given summer day.

Maybe I'm crazy.

I agree, the capacity of Epic can't be compared to MK so yes waits will be high. The curious part is will they have enough of the smaller things/shows to make it bearable. The one thing about MK is you always have stuff you can go to where the waits aren't crazy high.

I agree, the capacity of Epic can't be compared to MK so yes waits will be high. The curious part is will they have enough of the smaller things/shows to make it bearable. The one thing about MK is you always have stuff you can go to where the waits aren't crazy high.
Epic wait-times will be far higher than MK's due to the lower capacity of attractions and entertainment. Epic has a lot of walking space, so that won't be much of an issue outside the individual lands. But attraction wise, Epic is missing those easy 10-15 minute long experiences that are easy to get on.

Epic wait-times will be far higher than MK's due to the lower capacity of attractions and entertainment. Epic has a lot of walking space, so that won't be much of an issue outside the individual lands. But attraction wise, Epic is missing those easy 10-15 minute long experiences that are easy to get on.
I am hoping the 2 shows and the mini stuff like the games in the land and the play area will help a little. I was just saying that you can't compare MK and Epic because while you will see high waits (which honestly you get at IOA and Studios too, so not sure why "MK waits" is really used) it will be the capacity that will be the real issue. Most likely why Luigi is being fast tracked. It needs to be a peoplemover style ride that can eat people.

One thing that will help Epic times a bit the first year is that there's a lot to explore and sightsee in the immersive lands. First time visitors will be somewhat pre occupied with that, which will help to divert them from the total fairly low capacity of the park's attraction roster.

One thing that will help Epic times a bit the first year is that there's a lot to explore and sightsee in the immersive lands. First time visitors will be somewhat pre occupied with that, which will help to divert them from the total fairly low capacity of the park's attraction roster.
To be fair, Animal Kingdom has a lot of details to explore/sightsee and people leave that park fairly quickly lol

Us fans will look for and appreciate every detail, but the standard guest just wants to get in line and experience an attraction unfortunately.