Falcon's Fury | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

Falcon's Fury

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Anyone fancy joining me for an extreme hat-trick on my next trip.

I'm there! Been itching to do the Old Town Skycoaster for a while, but my friends who are/used to be operators (and could talk me in for free) haven't been down in a while. I've not done a slingshot before, but they can't be that bad after doing a few Skycoasters, Dragster, Superman, etc.

I can't wait for Falcon's Fury, personally. Finally another ride to give me some serious height down here in central Florida (Doom just doesn't cut it for me). Drop Zone at Kings Island was the first ride to have me truly terrified in a long time a few years ago, so this should be a lot of fun.

It appears that another section was installed today. That leaves on more blue section and the power unit left to install. Then, on to the fun stuff!

Great new perspective shot showing the new tower section in place. Thanks to Theme Park Review for the photo.

image_3037.jpg

http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=53855&start=4720

Holy bats*** that thing is tall. I'm always the first person in line for the next big thrill, and just looking at this makes my knees weak. Thanks for the pics :wave:

This time I took quite a few perspective shots from around the park to give you an idea of it's height.

From today . . .

FalconsFury-221.jpg

FalconsFury-222.jpg

FalconsFury-223.jpg

FalconsFury-224.jpg

FalconsFury-225.jpg

FalconsFury-226.jpg

FalconsFury-227.jpg

FalconsFury-228.jpg

FalconsFury-229.jpg

FalconsFury-230.jpg

FalconsFury-231.jpg

FalconsFury-232.jpg

FalconsFury-233.jpg

FalconsFury-234.jpg

FalconsFury-235.jpg

FalconsFury-236.jpg

FalconsFury-237.jpg

FalconsFury-238.jpg

FalconsFury-239.jpg

FalconsFury-240.jpg

All tube modules have now been installed. The next lift will consist of the power/lift module that is placed on top.

Note how the joiner plates attaching one tube module to another become progressively narrower the higher up they are.

^ Wait that's it? I could ride that thing with my eyes closed... err um hands tied behind my back... :bonk:

Having been on Dropzone at KD I know how high that damn thing is :lol: Yeah I'm scurrrred