Fantastic Beasts Attraction | Inside Universal Forums

Fantastic Beasts Attraction

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

JungleSkip

V.I.P. Member
Feb 15, 2010
The Mushroom Kingdom
So I wanted to make this thread to keep the Diagon Alley thread and the Fantastic Beasts movie discussion clean of this talk.

The WB CEO has confirmed there is plans to add a Fantastic Beasts attraction to WWOHP, and if that's the case we'll probably get it at Orlando first. So...what do we think it will be?

So I wanted to make this thread to keep the Diagon Alley thread and the Fantastic Beasts movie discussion clean of this talk.

The WB CEO has confirmed there is plans to add a Fantastic Beasts attraction to WWOHP, and if that's the case we'll probably get it at Orlando first. So...what do we think it will be?

I think he may have jumped the gun a bit, frankly. Seems akin to Disney blowing their load on Avatar before they even informed the Imagineers. We won't see this attraction for quite a few years, and they barely have anything to go off of yet - the script isn't written.

I have a thought, what about having this "beasts" or forbidden forest attraction in the third gate that would mean that Harry potter would have an area in the new park and also as it is about fantastic beasts and where to find them we could get an animal based park? As the studios is movies and tv based and IOA is book based. could this be an idea for the third gate? Also times wise it is probably a few years down the line for the first movie to come out anyway so could phase III be in the third park?!

I don't. Universal has known about this for some time now.

I agree with that.

Not the case.:thumbs:

Not the case? That's some big conjecture right there. We have no idea where JKR is with the script, unless she's quoted to have finished it somewhere that I missed. If the script was actually done I think we'd be much further along in the process.

I had this over at the other thread and moved it here...

I think when it comes to anything being added for this movie, I think this may not be Phase 3. I think this will either replace LC or be for a new park. The reason LC is not being mentioned as being replaced, because this movie is probably several years away, then they have to see if it is successful, so I am thinking any additions to the parks would be done more with the second movie. If successful this would be not so much phase 3, but called what this movie is called and like I said, either replace LC or be part of the 3rd gate.

Not the case? That's some big conjecture right there. We have no idea where JKR is with the script, unless she's quoted to have finished it somewhere that I missed. If the script was actually done I think we'd be much further along in the process.

And I think if they had NOTHING (no script) they would not be talking about this. It wouldn't make sense to talk about something that still needs to be completely written. I think there is something, maybe not the final product, but there is something.

I have it from a very reliable source that the story and script have been mostly done for years. JKR had it on a shelf until she was ready to return to the world.

You know, although many people would balk at the idea, I would be in favor of tearing Dragon Challenge down completely and expanding Hogsmeade as well as add something FB-related. Not only would it rid Hogsmeade of an eyesore that stands out too much, it would open up a heckuva lot of expansion room.

You know, although many people would balk at the idea, I would be in favor of tearing Dragon Challenge down completely and expanding Hogsmeade as well as add something FB-related. Not only would it rid Hogsmeade of an eyesore that stands out too much, it would open up a heckuva lot of expansion room.

I'd be fine with that as well. Turn that area into the Forbidden Forest.:thumbs:

Well Since this is in New York City in the 20's and we have a section of the studio's themed to New York City.You could even keep the Mummy ride there. replace twister with a beastly ride .

We're talking about a ride for a movie series that isn't even close to being released, never mind close to even starting production. Of course, all the Potter fans will see the movie so it is sure to rake in the money, but it also could suck. Talking about counting your chickens before they hatch.

It's the answer you all don't want to hear, but Dragon Challenge and Flight of the Hippogriff. Both dragons and the Hippgriff are in the book. The opening team members for both attractions were asked to read the book before the rides opened.

And really Cupcakes, now DC is an eyesore? When in the village it's hard to see. And given that the parks are moving toward more thrills, not less I wouldn't look for a huge B&M coaster to go anywhere anytime soon.

And really Cupcakes, now DC is an eyesore? When in the village it's hard to see.

"Eyesore" I guess wasn't the best word to choose, what I was trying to say is more how weird it looks up against the rest of the area. As we all know WWoHP has incredible, immersive everywhere...except for Dragon Challenge. It's a completely bare roller coaster. To go from the great theming of Hogsmeade to a plain-looking roller coaster always felt jarring to me.

And given that the parks are moving toward more thrills, not less I wouldn't look for a huge B&M coaster to go anywhere anytime soon.

Not really. It seems more like that they're moving toward doing more immersive experiences like WWoHP and Springfield, even the new thrill rides will have elaborate theming.

But I know DC isn't going anywhere.

Last edited:
"Eyesore" I guess wasn't the best word to choose, what I was trying to say is more how weird it looks up against the rest of the area. As we all know WWoHP has incredible, immersive everywhere...except for Dragon Challenge. It's a completely bare roller coaster. To go from the great theming of Hogsmeade to a plain-looking roller coaster always felt jarring to me.

I'm not sure what your expecting from a coaster (really this ties right into the Rockit thing). Not every coaster needs a mountain around it, and if you want a mountain around it Disney will happily take 15 years to build a new one. High speed thrill coasters are usually just bare roller coaster, don't have time to look at show elements at those speeds.

I'm not sure what your expecting from a coaster (really this ties right into the Rockit thing).

Eh. People just have different ways of looking at things when it comes to theming in theme parks. No shame in that.

I can tolerate Hippogriff since it's themed up decently. Can't say the same for DC. Really, the only big outdoor coaster I'm okay with is Hulk, as its general look works fine with the rest of the Marvel area.

Eh. People just have different ways of looking at things when it comes to theming in theme parks. No shame in that.

I can tolerate Hippogriff since it's themed up decently. Can't say the same for DC. Really, the only big outdoor coaster I'm okay with is Hulk, as its general look works fine with the rest of the Marvel area.

But what else can they do with it. The demand for it and rides like it is there. So in the end that means the ride will be there. What else can they really do to fit it in the area?