Fantastic Four (2025) | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Fantastic Four (2025)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nice to finally have an official cast. I still don’t think Pedro is right for Reed but I’m sure he’ll be great.
I mean, the guy has the look, and rocks paternal "Dad" vibes. And from the Red Viper to Madalorian/Joel, he's shown acting range within the alpha male character spectrum. A bit overexposed at the moment, but I think he'll do fine.

The big question mark for me is Johnny. Only know the actor from ST, but I just don't see it there or in publicity shots. Human Torch needs an unearned cockiness that this actor may be too self-aware to pull off. Other two perfectly cast, FWIW.

Reactions: Nico
I mean, the guy has the look, and rocks paternal "Dad" vibes. And from the Red Viper to Madalorian/Joel, he's shown acting range within the alpha male character spectrum. A bit overexposed at the moment, but I think he'll do fine.

The big question mark for me is Johnny. Only know the actor from ST, but I just don't see it there or in publicity shots. Human Torch needs an unearned cockiness that this actor may be too self-aware to pull off. Other two perfectly cast, FWIW.
I am not questioning his acting ability or the look, I was more questioning if he’s a tad too old, but I guess he’s right in the age range at least the comic version of the character is.

Reactions: Nico and SeventyOne
Way too old when you're about to kick off a franchise with him (one that desperately needs to finally WORK this time). MCU needs a win.
Maybe they're not trying to kick off a franchise. Maybe they're only making one movie and giving them some Avengers appearances. Maybe that's part of the reason they got the cast they did.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Maybe they're not trying to kick off a franchise. Maybe they're only making one movie and giving them some Avengers appearances. Maybe that's part of the reason they got the cast they did.
I feel like it'd be a waste. Pre-MCU Marvel had a few notable characters, and they were Spider-Man, Hulk, the X-Men, and Fantastic Four. Giving Ant-Man his own lackluster trilogy and leaving Fantastic Four as a solo film would be a really poor move imo. Despite the flood of content we've gotten, I feel like seeing the Fantastic Four is one of the few things people have actually been wanting to see from the MCU post-Endgame.

I imagine there's at least a three film deal to start, probably F4 and the two Avengers films to start. I don't think Secret Wars will mark the ends for them though because honestly, where does the MCU go beyond Secret Wars? Obviously they are going to dig into Mutants and the X-Men a lot, but I highly doubt they will just toss aside the Fantastic Four that quickly. They paid many billions to be able to use those characters, i'd think they'd want to take full advantage of having the rights.

Can these guys fight just a regular dude for once? Always has to be straight to Galactus or Doctor Doom. Both of which I feel could be Loki/Thanos/Ultron-tier villains in their own right.

Maybe now that they're fighting a Celestial again we'll maybe get to hear someone bring up the giant Demigod that tried to hatch out of the earth that one time. :rolleyes:

Either of those choices would be intriguing. But I'd probably go with Murphy as the top one. Doom needs to be somebody credible as a scientist, a sorcerer, and a head of state, and I think Murphy could convey all of that.

Reactions: SeventyOne