Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2 | Page 56 | Inside Universal Forums

Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wonder how many questions/complains CMs are going to have when guests see video on the local news/ABC News of the flying dragon, and it turns out to be only a one time thing for media only.

I wonder how many complaints there will be on WDWMagic and DISBoards :lol:

WDWMagic: a ton, and yes, the defenders are coming out in force. And of course the fake insiders are contradicting themselves over there too.

Anyway, epic fail on Disney's part. Major epic fail.

The only person I see that's wrong over there is the guy that's ALWAYS wrong. I think he used to post here.

And that is who I mean. I am sure we are talking about the same guy. Numbers in the middle of his handle, claiming to be a WDW fan.

Still waiting for Adventurers Club to be bulldozed like he claimed, back when, in March of 2012? LOL. He basically contradicted himself in the Dragon thread over there. Claimed the flying dragon contraption is going to be used in other projects, then agreed and supported another member who says it won't be used after the media event.

And if that is the case, this flying dragon is put away, then yes, EPIC FAIL. Why create social media buzz around dragons when only the media will ever see it and guests won't? Someone in Disney's PR department must have just transferred from marketing.

Still waiting for Adventurers Club to be bulldozed like he claimed, back when, in March of 2012? LOL. He basically contradicted himself in the Dragon thread over there. Claimed the flying dragon contraption is going to be used in other projects, then agreed and supported another member who says it won't be used after the media event.

And if that is the case, this flying dragon is put away, then yes, EPIC FAIL. Why create social media buzz around dragons when only the media will ever see it and guests won't? Someone in Disney's PR department must have just transferred from marketing.

I knew WDWMagic had fake insiders, but I didn't know they were that fake.

If I'm at Uni Creative, I'm working on an AA Dragon to pop out of Gringotts. I would program it to go off every 5 flippin minutes.

Difference is that this wasn't designed for New Fantasyland; it's simply a hold over from some WDI experiments, and they ended up recommending it to TDO for some press.

Difference is that this wasn't designed for New Fantasyland; it's simply a hold over from some WDI experiments, and they ended up recommending it to TDO for some press.

They spent all of this creative energy (marketing, PR, viral campaigns) for a one night showing to (some) bloggers and press. Not to the average guest. The average Disney fans, like moi, followed along, eating at the trail of breadcrumbs hoping that maybe we could see this someday. I don't care if the dragon sprung magically out of Tony Baxter's nostril, this is bull****. It would not have been a big a deal if they had not done the whole marketing push for dragons.

Last edited:
The dragon is impressive. But like the video confirms, it's a one night only deal. That's some bull****.

[video=youtube;PrZXXM4J9Ps]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PrZXXM4J9Ps[/video]

That is . . I don't even know what that is. I mean, the dragon is beyond impressive. I'm in love with it. Completely. But, then they build up this hype for a month and this is all we get? I think they might have to change their mind on that, especially from the backlash they're already getting just from the GP alone. Geesh. It's not pretty. :catfight:

Last edited:
Reactions: Cwoolboy