Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026) | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nintendoland aside, (which Pandemic really screwed them) USH seems to build things very quickly. I could see it by the end of 2024

As far as "themeing", as many have suggested, there's no reason they couldn't just transfer many props from supercharged. Summer or Fall 2024 seems doable to me.

The coaster potentially being a prototype, and built on a hillside, leaves a lot of variability though. They won't announce an opening until they're absolutely sure, and who knows how many technical problems it might have upon opening

Good God, that guy has been replying and retweeting everyone mention this and reminding everyone they "broke" the story first. No one really does that unless they're surprised they were right in the first place
Agreed. That account is so annoying, they went to EVERY tweet that was talking about the closures and said they were the first ones, smh.

This is why I think Universal should build another park in California (one that I think should be a hybrid of Islands of Adventure and Epic Universe). USH is running out of room for new attractions that aren’t replacements for previous ones, and it would be a bad idea to demolish more soundstages and/or the entire backlot just to expand the theme park portion of the studio. Heck, how would USH have an animal and special effects attraction now?

This is why I think Universal should build another park in California (one that I think should be a hybrid of Islands of Adventure and Epic Universe). USH is running out of room for new attractions that aren’t replacements for previous ones, and it would be a bad idea to demolish more soundstages and/or the entire backlot just to expand the theme park portion of the studio. Heck, how would USH have an animal and special effects attraction now?
It's actually the contrary. They have a lot of space they want to pack before they can go ahead and green light the need for a second park.

I want a second park...but the first park doesn't even have 15+ attractions yet. I mean even DCA at this point has over 30 attractions

I'd rather they spend until 2030 making USH a stand alone park...then they can make it a resort but I'd like them not to put the chicken before the egg.

It's actually the contrary. They have a lot of space they want to pack before they can go ahead and green light the need for a second park.
I want a second park...but the first park doesn't even have 15+ attractions yet. I mean even DCA at this point has over 30 attractions

I'd rather they spend until 2030 making USH a stand alone park...then they can make it a resort but I'd like them not to put the chicken before the egg.
My idea for the second California Universal park would have it be either in San Diego County or Sacramento County. If they built said park in LA County, they would have to get rid of Griffith Park.

• Haha
Reactions: chris.g
Listening to Sharkstop, and if the notion of a top hat for this thing is true; alongside all that has been established, this has to be the "Premier" attraction for the park like how Hulk is for IOA, right? Feels nuts.

Only thing that will ruin the hype for this coaster is if the layout is short. Don’t want another mummy where you hit the final brake run and people say “that was it?”

That's my worry too. If it ends up being small I hope it at least packs airtime moments or else Twisted Colossus will still be my favorite out here.

I'm hoping after this we get an indoor drop tower of sorts too.

Reactions: JS610
Lol

mummy is short and still gets lines
Hell the little potter coaster has 40+ mins lines when it’s busy

people will ride this, I don’t even like the theme at all but will

Reactions: anihilnation