Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026) | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Curious to why you'd think this coaster would be a prototype?
Every rumor points to this being a "drift" coaster, presumably a controlled spin, which doesn't match any currently operating Intamin coaster. Intamin, however, is known to never back down from a challenge.

Maybe I used the word "prototype" a bit loosely.

Every rumor points to this being a "drift" coaster, presumably a controlled spin, which doesn't match any currently operating Intamin coaster. Intamin, however, is known to never back down from a challenge.

Maybe I used the word "prototype" a bit loosely.
Ummm, actually….

Objectif Mars at Futurescope in France says otherwise. Also, if you look at Intamin’s site, they do allow a controlled spinning coaster like this that has inversions. So yeah Intamin can make a more thrilling “Cosmic Rewind”.

Speaking of Cosmic Rewind, that ride was a load of fun at Epcot! Cant imagine how much more exciting that kind of coaster will be with airtime hills, intense launches, and inversions!

Missed that one. But Objectif Mars has a 34 mph top speed. Intamin has spinning coasters, multi launch coasters, coasters that reach 80 mph, and terrain coasters, but do they have a coaster that's all 4?

I'm excited for an elite coaster to come to USH, just preparing myself for possible downtime and delays that often come with these projects

Speaking of Cosmic Rewind, that ride was a load of fun at Epcot! Cant imagine how much more exciting that kind of coaster will be with airtime hills, intense launches, and inversions!

Spinning reduces momentum on the ride, hence why Time Traveler has so many launches before its inversions. That's largely why there aren't spinning coasters like more traditional coasters and instead they're either wild mouses or helixes.

Spinning reduces momentum on the ride, hence why Time Traveler has so many launches before its inversions. That's largely why there aren't spinning coasters like more traditional coasters and instead they're either wild mouses or helixes.

Ride To Happiness seems to be the first that broke that though, right? Given the only other launch after the first, was the booster leading to the snake dive.

Intamin's launches also have a stronger kick than that of Mack-Rides usually. Could be entirely possible that there'd be no need for consecutive launch after launch after launch.

I dunno. It pains me to see so many soundstages getting gutted to make room for rides. The Phantom set had to be demolished for Harry Potter for Pete's sake.

I dunno. It pains me to see so many soundstages getting gutted to make room for rides. The Phantom set had to be demolished for Harry Potter for Pete's sake.
The phantom sets were in stage 28 on the LL. Potter had nothing to do with their removal.

I'd imagine USH have a plan to add back more show venues/facilities and they are already building a tonne of new soundstages on property.

The phantom sets were in stage 28 on the LL. Potter had nothing to do with their removal.

I'd imagine USH have a plan to add back more show venues/facilities and they are already building a tonne of new soundstages on property.
Considering a lot of those new soundstages are just about complete, I'm surprised to see that they just repainted all those stages slated for theme park expansion. Total guess but could that part of the Evolution plan be on the backburner while higher priority things are dealt with, mainly F&F and Simpsons?

Considering a lot of those new soundstages are just about complete, I'm surprised to see that they just repainted all those stages slated for theme park expansion. Total guess but could that part of the Evolution plan be on the backburner while higher priority things are dealt with, mainly F&F and Simpsons?

I guess even if the soundstages are only staying up another 1 or 2 years they had to repaint as part of the larger renumbering?

But yes it seems like they may have their hands full in the upper lot for the next few years, with the exception of DKC which I still think will come during that time - just not where Mummy or Transformers are.

I guess even if the soundstages are only staying up another 1 or 2 years they had to repaint as part of the larger renumbering?

But yes it seems like they may have their hands full in the upper lot for the next few years, with the exception of DKC which I still think will come during that time - just not where Mummy or Transformers are.
They didn't just renumber but gave them a full redo. Also the roofs got some work done recently which must've been costly. It's just sorta odd to me since these stages were supposed to be torn down by now if it weren't for COVID

Still personally doubtful that we get DK but i guess we'll see

They didn't just renumber but gave them a full redo. Also the roofs got some work done recently which must've been costly. It's just sorta odd to me since these stages were supposed to be torn down by now if it weren't for COVID

Still personally doubtful that we get DK but i guess we'll see

I'm wondering if it's renovations to keep some of the stages in use until Red Sea finishes the remaining new stages to be built.

Have them last for 3-4 years; then tear them down once the time comes. Getting back to F&F, I wonder how they'd tackle scream tunnels. How they'd have it blend in, if they are or aren't scream tunnels at all.

I wonder if this will be Intamin's answer to a Mack Extreme Spinner or if the spinning will be kept to a minimum minus key parts

In other words, the "spin"/"drift" element is used sparingly and this is more of a traditional Blitz with a spinning element than a Mack Extreme Spinner

I wonder if this will be Intamin's answer to a Mack Extreme Spinner or if the spinning will be kept to a minimum minus key parts

In other words, the "spin"/"drift" element is used sparingly and this is more of a traditional Blitz with a spinning element than a Mack Extreme Spinner

I'd imagine it will be used more sparingly, Velocicoaster with drifting rather than raptors? :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

I'm very curious about what 'theming' this gets outside of the station area, will we perhaps see props/fake roads along the course or will it be bare bones.

Reactions: shiekra38
I'd imagine it will be used more sparingly, Velocicoaster with drifting rather than raptors? :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:
That’s been my guess.

I'm very curious about what 'theming' this gets outside of the station area, will we perhaps see props/fake roads along the course or will it be bare bones.
Not bare bones. Maybe not as intricate as VelociCoaster’s rockwork, but yes something.

Hmm. Should have known better than to use an AVGN video as research...

Regardless, even if they made new soundstages, you can't replace what was built a century ago. You can take the props from the stage but you can't take back the actual stage. Comcast has two choices: maintain the place's legacy as a movie studio or convert it into a theme park for the masses. This has been a constant battle for Universal and I fear I know what direction they're heading toward.

Hmm. Should have known better than to use an AVGN video as research...

Regardless, even if they made new soundstages, you can't replace what was built a century ago. You can take the stuff out of the stage but you can't take back the actual stage.
I'd argue the sets are far more significant than the soundstage itself. There's not much architecturally significant about them