Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026) | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Reactions: Alicia
I see WaterWorld every single time I go to USH (which is about once every 1-3 years).
WaterWorld is highly rewatchable! Almost every visit I see it, whereas I can go the full length of my annual pass without seeing Animal Actors or Special Effects. I noticed how there wasn't much outcry from the public regarding the closure of these two shows. The actual content of the two shows was lackluster but, operations wise, losing two shows in the park hurts their attraction count and daily guest flow.

Reactions: Alicia
WaterWorld is highly rewatchable! Almost every visit I see it, whereas I can go the full length of my annual pass without seeing Animal Actors or Special Effects. I noticed how there wasn't much outcry from the public regarding the closure of these two shows. The actual content of the two shows was lackluster but, operations wise, losing two shows in the park hurts their attraction count and daily guest flow.
Hopefully Bourne and a new spot for the animals are on the way.

After yesterday's show, I kinda have a feeling that Animal Actors isn't coming back. Really unfortunate if that's the case
On a similar note, if you look at a video of the final Animal Actors show, Kiwi the Conure actually seemed reluctant to finish her act once it was time to return the dollar, almost as if she knew this was the last time she'd be doing it. As a bird person that definetely tugs at the heart. :c

On a similar note, if you look at a video of the final Animal Actors show, Kiwi the Conure actually seemed reluctant to finish her act once it was time to return the dollar, almost as if she knew this was the last time she'd be doing it. As a bird person that definetely tugs at the heart. :c
She knew they were gonna be out of a job and needed gas money. Take what you get.

I personally don't see DK opening until 2026 at the earliest, even if they started construction like next week. It took them five years to build this and three years to build WWoHP. I just don't see them going warp speed on DK like that. Also Jim Hill has been wrong a lot of things.

But hey, if they can open DK at 2025, then great! USH will have two decent coasters in two years. I don't see the Mummy lasting long after DK.
Now there are elements like the material allocations that could be taken into account, especially due to F&F, but I do think it's possible (but it'd require them to be planning ahead and fast).
Construction at USH moves so incredibly slow. I remember Super Silly Fun land took a very long time as well.
They have to work around the needs of the studio (which limit when there can be excessive noise and visual obstructions) as well as the reality that much of the park is built on a mountainside.

I mean, to be VERY fair, there was a good year and a half there where building was going very slow due to, um...worldwide circumstances haha

I mean, to be VERY fair, there was a good year and a half there where building was going very slow due to, um...worldwide circumstances haha
I really do hope they can build faster then we all think. If they start breaking ground on DK by end of the year that will be a good sign and hopefully we will see big progress on this coaster soon

I think, if I had to guess barring any shipping/industry issues due to the post/during pandemic and inflation struggles…

I suspect Comcast ensures that USH learns from UOR and begins building at hyper speed.