Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026) | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Park is borderline unrecognizable from 2012. It's pretty crazy. We talk about DCA 2.0 but USH has quietly redone or altered practically every attraction in the park other than WaterWorld and Mummy in such a short span of time
I know of someone who hasn't visited the park since Backdraft was still around. When he went last month, you could imagine how much his mind was blown how much the park has changed since then.

USH has changed so much (For the better IMO) that it's basically a new theme park! The 2000's-early 2010's USH is GONE.

I know of someone who hasn't visited the park since Backdraft was still around. When he went last month, you could imagine how much his mind was blown how much the park has changed since then.

USH has changed so much (For the better IMO) that it's basically a new theme park! The 2000's-early 2010's USH is GONE.
I was just thinking to myself, this park has gotten more "professional"? for the better too. I remember having an AP around 2010-2013, just from then till now everything has changed!

Remember, this project is like pretty confirmed without being confirmed (leaked concept and concept art that is confirmed by a geotechnical survey permit, then further confirmed by the two shows in the "rumored" plot of land being closed down shortly after). Hard to say if they were told by USH directly or they just saw reporting online, like the KTLA interview with Alicia

I know we’ve memed F&F to death, talked about “family” a billion times, and we’ve practically burnt both versions of Supercharged at the stake (deservedly so), but… I’m really, really excited to see how this coaster turns out. Obviously a lot of it will be indoors, but just the fact even part of a full blown coaster will be going up/down the hillside is just something I never thought I’d see. It’s nice to see the park evolving, and if DK ends up coming, too, it’s gonna be pretty awesome getting two potentially great coasters that are still so different from one another in the park.

I'm guessing Supercharged still gets flack over here for the visuals, weird story and how the trucks and cars the heroes are in just drive themselves? I do like the simulated sensation of going fast, but I think that's about it.

Come to think of it, is there even any F&F merch in the park? Maybe I don't look inside the big studio store enough, but I feel like that's the one movie represented by an attraction at USH I've seen a lack of merch of. Maybe I just glance over it since I'm not really interested in the franchise either.

I know we’ve memed F&F to death, talked about “family” a billion times, and we’ve practically burnt both versions of Supercharged at the stake (deservedly so), but… I’m really, really excited to see how this coaster turns out. Obviously a lot of it will be indoors, but just the fact even part of a full blown coaster will be going up/down the hillside is just something I never thought I’d see. It’s nice to see the park evolving, and if DK ends up coming, too, it’s gonna be pretty awesome getting two potentially great coasters that are still so different from one another in the park.
Will it be indoors? I personally doubt it. I think it's going to be a straight-up outdoor thrill machine.

But how many roller coasters in the country get to utilize a natural hillside terrain? This will be on a lot of coaster thoosies' top 5 for sure. Curious to know what Theme Park Worldwide will think of it once it opens.

Will it be indoors? I personally doubt it. I think it's going to be a straight-up outdoor thrill machine.

I was under the impression it’s gonna go inside a show building at some point after it reaches the bottom of the hill before coming out and then coming back up. I’d swear I thought that was the plan, but… I could be thinking of something else (or, even more likely, starting to go crazy?)

I was under the impression it’s gonna go inside a show building at some point after it reaches the bottom of the hill before coming out and then coming back up. I’d swear I thought that was the plan, but… I could be thinking of something else (or, even more likely, starting to go crazy?)
I don't remember hearing that though it would be very neat, I think there will be some scream tunnels tho.

Also the drifting mechanism is gonna be used to point people at sound barriers which is really smart