Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026) | Page 88 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think more progress is being made throughout the day. The track progressed further when I first passed by the area at 11:25AM, and a bit more by the time I passed through again at 1:43PM

11:25 A
View attachment 22069
1:43 P
View attachment 22070
Think I owe some influencers an apology, that kind of speed actually is relatively 'unreal' compared to the last few months of progress.

Yeah I don’t understand where the speed on this project is lol. This thread and influencer construction updates have been dead because the site has looked the same for awhile. Still though, it’s cool to see track go up finally.

I'm kinda condused as to why they are installing track when this has been delayed until 2026.
Anyone heard any more news on where the problem is? Guessing foundations on the hillside rather than anything station related.
Terrain is a nightmare to build on. I imagine that this coaster will be undergoing extensive testing as well, being a prototype Intamin and all.

Could you imagine the backlash Universal would get if this pulled a Hyperia/Top Thrill 2?

Terrain is a nightmare to build on. I imagine that this coaster will be undergoing extensive testing as well, being a prototype Intamin and all.

Could you imagine the backlash Universal would get if this pulled a Hyperia/Top Thrill 2?
Intamin and prototype oh no……

I'm really hoping 2026 was just a generous estimate like how 2025 is the Epic open time and now it'll likely open before the original summer 2025, but yeah I can see this creating a lot of issues if it doesn't work out. Building it on the hillside and having this prototype, plus it being the first real thrill ride to Hollywood means they'll need it to be perfect. Still, a year and a half seems like a lot for it.

Also good to bring up they've yet to carve out the bottom of the hill yet I think; as it seems there'll be a lot of heavy moving required for the dive loop/tunnel/half pipe section alongside the road that seemingly will be added to get rescue vehicles able to go over there encase.

Think 2026 is honestly fair and expected.