Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 34 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Supercharging the ride film | fxguide

Really fascinating read into the technical side of the USH ride. It really explains why the ride looks so much like CGI - it basically is. To make the 360 degree screen work, most of the actors seem to have been motioned captured. Even if they shot additional footage for the USF version, it makes me think that our video will look very similar.

I'm sure that Florida's version will basically look the same, regardless of the supposed change in setting to San Francisco. I'm expecting it to be just as cartoonishly unconvincing as the footage I've seen of Hollywood's version (granted, courtesy of fairly low quality amateur videos).

Hmmm why is it of ALL the projects going on across all the Orlando parks, this one has somehow captivated me the least :/

I can't blame the source material as I'm hardly an Avatar fan yet I can't wait for that expansion.

Hmmm why is it of ALL the projects going on across all the Orlando parks, this one has somehow captivated me the least :/

I can't blame the source material as I'm hardly an Avatar fan yet I can't wait for that expansion.
I am not a huge Avatar fan either, but I enjoyed the movie the one time I saw it in 3D IMAX. The setting is visually stunning. And it looks like Disney is aiming to impress with this land. So just for those two reasons I am kinda excited to see what they create.

This attraction (F$F:S) is based on a franchise that I actively don't care for. It's painfully shallow. Sexy characters saying mind numbingly inane dialog while driving ridiculous testosterone fueled muscle cars. A middle school boy's wet dream. This franchise has the same effect on me as trying to slam a Chocolate Chip Frappachino in 6 secs.

image.jpg

Last edited:
For me F&F and Transformers are in the same bucket.......I really don't care for either film franchise.

I'm sure that Universal will impress with Volcano Bay and the new hotel in 2017.......but as far as the parks go.......Disney will win the battle in 2017 with the opening of Avatarland.

For me F&F and Transformers are in the same bucket.......I really don't care for either film franchise.

I'm sure that Universal will impress with Volcano Bay and the new hotel in 2017.......but as far as the parks go.......Disney will win the battle in 2017 with the opening of Avatarland.

Thought process being?

Thought process being?

I think Avatar will be the best addition to an existing park...but Volcano Bay will be by far the best thing to open in Orlando that year.

Reactions: Cole
I think Avatar will be the best addition to an existing park...but Volcano Bay will be by far the best thing to open in Orlando that year.

I agree with this statement. I don't think F&F and Fallon can touch Avatar, because I believe Disney is going to impress us with what they come up with whether we like Avatar or not or whether we have even seen it.

But Volcano Bay is a whole new park with a new twist on Water Parks. So I am thinking it will outshine all. HOWEVER, I think because it is a water park and some people just do not go to water parks, Avatar will see the most guests visiting it out of all the things opening. I am most excited for Volcano Bay to see what they come up with, but the next on my list is Avatar even though I don't think it was the best IP.

I think you have to look at the totality of this. No doubt that F&F or Fallon would be in the same ballpark as a brand new Avatar land. But the combination of Volcano Bay, F&F, & Fallon should be equal to the task of competing against Avatar. There's going to be a lot of tourists in Orlando in 2017 with all of this new stuff at Universal & WDW. Both park systems should do very well, plus they'll feed off of one another.

2017 looks to be Avatar and Toy Story vs Volcano Bay, Fallon, and FF. Ride wise I'm more excited for what Disney has in 2017 but Volcano Bay will trump them all.

I think you have to look at the totality of this. No doubt that F&F or Fallon would be in the same ballpark as a brand new Avatar land. But the combination of Volcano Bay, F&F, & Fallon should be equal to the task of competing against Avatar. There's going to be a lot of tourists in Orlando in 2017 with all of this new stuff at Universal & WDW. Both park systems should do very well, plus they'll feed off of one another.

Completely agree.

The 'War' between the parks is blown well out of proportion by the internet. They are both thriving businesses, when one pulls something new and shiny out of the bag, Joe Public will probably visit the other too in the same trip.

Where does one go to get graffiti painters? I just imagine: "Hey Teebin, we need you to line up 5 world class graffiti painters. Let us know when you have them lined up for interviews". I would just sit there like a tree full of owls not knowing where to turn.

Avatar damn well better be nicer, better executed, better themed, and overall dominant! It's been under development and construction for 38 years!!! And it's total cost is more than VB, Fallon, and F&F COMBINED!!! It better deliver on a Diagon Alley level of awesome!!

Sorry what we're talking about? Oh right Fast and Furious... Continue...

2017 looks to be Avatar and Toy Story vs Volcano Bay, Fallon, and FF. Ride wise I'm more excited for what Disney has in 2017 but Volcano Bay will trump them all.

I thought that new Toy Story land was like a 2018 or 2019 addition??