Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 440 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I can't comment, I missed the rehearsal phase by a week :-(
It looks like an apples and oranges situation though
Having been on both, I think Fast & Furious is better. Yes, the scales are different but in terms of what F&F gets right vs what Villain Con gets right (relative to its ambitions), F&F wins. VC takes the tired interactive ride conceit and actively makes it worse…at least F&F has a few unique elements and the 360 tunnel is a relatively novel effect.

Reactions: WowFactor
My three boys are complaining that I said we are all going on F&F next week. 2 teens and a 20 yr old do not want to go on the ride representing one of Universal's biggest franchises ever. Speaks volumes. Also disturbing how spoiled kids are nowadays lol.
Punishment 2023: Kids used to get spanked when they were bad. Now they get threatened with F&F at USF..... ;) :lmao:

Tough to compare what's essentially a low budget B/ C ticket ride, that takes up a small space, to an expensive E ticket attraction that occupies a huge tract of land in the middle of the park. A park that essentially has available space issues.

I can't comment, I missed the rehearsal phase by a week :-(
It looks like an apples and oranges situation though

I'm just going by the vids on YouTube, but. Looks really bad

I work at the parks (VB) and go on Fast & Furious basically every time I’m in the back because it’s right next to the break area and the single rider line has never existed beyond maybe a family of four. I’ve always appreciated the atmosphere of the ride and it’s a nice way to cool down, but the audio is WAY TOO LOUD and the voice acting of the FBI agent in the pre-show scene is so bad and doesn’t line up at all. We even had to get evac’d last time I went because the screens stalled at the start. It’s probably been discussed in this thread but there’s a sign by the start of boarding that says something like “SAFETY GLASSES REQUIRED”, implying this was originally envisioned with 3D. Is this true, and was it ever in the ride? It seems too short to justify the cost measures.

I work at the parks (VB) and go on Fast & Furious basically every time I’m in the back because it’s right next to the break area and the single rider line has never existed beyond maybe a family of four. I’ve always appreciated the atmosphere of the ride and it’s a nice way to cool down, but the audio is WAY TOO LOUD and the voice acting of the FBI agent in the pre-show scene is so bad and doesn’t line up at all. We even had to get evac’d last time I went because the screens stalled at the start. It’s probably been discussed in this thread but there’s a sign by the start of boarding that says something like “SAFETY GLASSES REQUIRED”, implying this was originally envisioned with 3D. Is this true, and was it ever in the ride? It seems too short to justify the cost measures.
The voice over doesn’t match cause they changed the lines he says after the ride opened. He used to say get on the ground but now says you’re under arrest.

And they cut 3D from our version of the ride before it opened, but you can still see a small silver plate covering a window at single rider where glasses pickup was to go. It got that far into development with 3D. Hollywood’s version on the tram tour still has 3D though, even though ours never did.

The voice over doesn’t match cause they changed the lines he says after the ride opened. He used to say get on the ground but now says you’re under arrest.

And they cut 3D from our version of the ride before it opened, but you can still see a small silver plate covering a window at single rider where glasses pickup was to go. It got that far into development with 3D. Hollywood’s version on the tram tour still has 3D though, even though ours never did.
You’re under arrest, RIGHT NOW

*From purely an enjoyment level* ;)

(Forbidden Journey is sadly just as bad on the story front...though at least it has, you know, a GOAT of a ride system.)

i dont care at all about the story, but the first party section is cringe and corny, it has atrocious acting lol.
the action part is cool but looks like early 2000s cgi, looks like a playstation 2 cut scene, And is too short.

Reactions: SpatulaShack