Frozen Ever After | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Frozen Ever After

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Looks like the last day for Maelstrom is Oct 5th. This was according to the employees actually running the ride, they normally are pretty accurate this close to the date.
You would be correct: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/epcot/maelstrom/
maelstrom_zps46c40051.jpg

I think Disney wanted to get a Frozen attraction up as quick as possible and this was the quickest route to take. I agree though that something should have been done at Hollywood Studios, but I don't have a problem with it replacing Maelstrom

While I would have liked to see it somehow fit at DHS, it would've fit in best at MK in FL. Replace Storybook Circus (or at least the half with the tents) with a Frozen area and you have a properly placed/themed and hopefully state of the art attraction.

Now we just are getting a redo of an 80's boat ride (although let's not kid ourselves, Maelstrom was not a good ride).

MK can hold off without any extra additions for atleast a hundred years. The other parks are starving for a new ride while MK for the last couple years has been getting seconds. AK will be well off with avatar, Epcots fine with frozen so that leaves MGM witch is barely surviving on events. Rumored Star Wars land/perminent frozen singalong might not be able to save it. Bottom line this resort is an absolute mess

MK can hold off without any extra additions for atleast a hundred years. The other parks are starving for a new ride while MK for the last couple years has been getting seconds. AK will be well off with avatar, Epcots fine with frozen so that leaves MGM witch is barely surviving on events. Rumored Star Wars land/perminent frozen singalong might not be able to save it. Bottom line this resort is an absolute mess
No, actually MK is bursting at the seams.

I think this is where Universal is being smart, in the sense that they should focus on the two parks they currently have, and update those before even considering a 3rd gate. I think Disney was a little ambitious with opening up a 4th park in WDW. Its difficult to fully maintain/update 4 large parks

No, actually MK is bursting at the seams.

MK alone has almost as many rides and attractions as all three other parks put together, they can definitely hold off on it for a long long time

- - - Updated - - -

I think this is where Universal is being smart, in the sense that they should focus on the two parks they currently have, and update those before even considering a 3rd gate. I think Disney was a little ambitious with opening up a 4th park in WDW. Its difficult to fully maintain/update 4 large parks

Definitely, I think the start of disney's over ambition came from Euro Disney but yeah, opening a park with one ride and backlot tour was absolutely ridiculous. Thank god they didn't announce a 5th gate or something stupid like that later. To me universal resembles Disneyland, two amazing parks filled with rides across the street from each other with a downtown district not far off and that's the way a park should be. 4 incredibly bare parks very far away from each other with tons of hotels in every corner with the traffic hell that is downtown Disney smack dab in the middle is just beyond obnoxious

MK alone has almost as many rides and attractions as all three other parks put together, they can definitely hold off on it for a long long time
Just because of that doesn't mean it doesn't need to expand. It's the most populated park in the united states. DHS, Epcot and DAK definitely need new attractions and expansions, but MK needs to continue to expand as well. You can't be the single most visited theme park in the US and yet not have built and E-ticket in 20 years. That's a problem.

Just because of that doesn't mean it doesn't need to expand. It's the most populated park in the united states. DHS, Epcot and DAK definitely need new attractions and expansions, but MK needs to continue to expand as well. You can't be the single most visited theme park in the US and yet not have built and E-ticket in 20 years. That's a problem.
That's true but it has expanded already with NFL. It's gotten so many new things compared to the others that it's far from a problem right now especially since it doesn't have to add anything yet it would still be #1. You could definitely say the same thing about USF and IOA but atleast USF has reasons for its insane expansions that the other Disney parks would kill for

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely, I think the start of disney's over ambition came from Euro Disney but yeah, opening a park with one ride and backlot tour was absolutely ridiculous. Thank god they didn't announce a 5th gate or something stupid like that later. To me universal resembles Disneyland, two amazing parks filled with rides across the street from each other with a downtown district not far off and that's the way a park should be. 4 incredibly bare parks very far away from each other with tons of hotels in every corner with the traffic hell that is downtown Disney smack dab in the middle is just beyond obnoxious

MK and Epcot are definitely not bare. They are excellent parks with plenty of things to do. DHS and DAK though....yikes. DHS does have some good rides, but a severe lack of things to fill up your day. DAK is just a zoo with two real rides and a fake safari.

MK and Epcot are definitely not bare. They are excellent parks with plenty of things to do. DHS and DAK though....yikes. DHS does have some good rides, but a severe lack of things to fill up your day. DAK is just a zoo with two real rides and a fake safari.

I'll agree with you on MK but world showcase is so bare that I hardly count it as a theme park experience. It's not bad by any sense of the word but it's gigantic and the rides there are ones you can easily miss if you don't keep a good eye out

Mercy, you and I do not see eye-to-eye at all. However, there are many on here like you that feel there must be a many rides to ride. I for one find the pedestrian popularity of the MK tiresome in spite of it's many attractions.

Haaaaang on. Uni are allowed to ditch Jaws, a completely classic UOR ride, for MORE Potter. TDO remove an older attraction for an IP that is (albeit currently) extremely popular like Potter, and they can't do anything right.

Regardless of the difference in implementation, complete tear down vs overlay (or rushed small trackless ride), this is still in essence exactly the same situation. Bit of a pot and kettle situation we have here!!

MK is fine. EPCOT is pathetic. There's only two attractions (now three) that everyone there wants to do, leading to regular 90+ minute waits throughout the year. And Frozen's line will be even worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Regardless of the difference in implementation, complete tear down vs overlay (or rushed small trackless ride), this is still in essence exactly the same situation. Bit of a pot and kettle situation we have here!!

Disagree entirely. Universal does not, in Walt Disney's own words, have the blessing of size. EPCOT alone has a large empty space next to Norway that was meant for an additional pavilion that could house a brand new Frozen attraction if they chose to do so. Instead they're going the cheapest route and redoing an existing ride.

Haaaaang on. Uni are allowed to ditch Jaws, a completely classic UOR ride, for MORE Potter. TDO remove an older attraction for an IP that is (albeit currently) extremely popular like Potter, and they can't do anything right.

Do you not remember the humongous backlash universal got for closing jaws? The hundreds of people saying they would never return? Potter wasn't a jaws overlay, as skip said they're totally ignoring a giant expansion pad and going the laziest route they could. Completely different ball parks

Disagree entirely. Universal does not, in Walt Disney's own words, have the blessing of size. EPCOT alone has a large empty space next to Norway that was meant for an additional pavilion that could house a brand new Frozen attraction if they chose to do so. Instead they're going the cheapest route and redoing an existing ride.

Do you not remember the humongous backlash universal got for closing jaws? The hundreds of people saying they would never return? Potter wasn't a jaws overlay, as skip said they're totally ignoring a giant expansion pad and going the laziest route they could. Completely different ball parks

As per my own post, 'regardless of the implementation' of the new attraction. The bottom line is that both parks are removing, or have removed, well loved attractons for the sake of making more money. It's a business, and they have done exactly the same thing if you take a step back and look at it.

As per my own post, 'regardless of the implementation' of the new attraction. The bottom line is that both parks are removing, or have removed, well loved attractons for the sake of making more money. It's a business, and they have done exactly the same thing if you take a step back and look at it.

No, they really haven't. One is replacing out of necessity, one is replacing in order to save some scratch.

I was originally upset with this idea, but now I have decided to stay optimistic. Maelstorm was in desperate need of refurbishment, and honestly it was never an insanely popular ride with guests. Putting Frozen in Epcot is going to be a HUGE boost for the park. If they do this right, it could actually be a fun ride. The "legacy" of Epcot died a long long time ago.

Surprised they will be doing a meet and greet as well...where are they going to hide the lines for these experiences?