Frozen Ever After | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Frozen Ever After

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They are. I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the shops go for more queue space as well. Maelstrom's hourly capacity is under 1000, so lines will be insane for the attraction

Should I get the #potterswatter and #hpisdead hashtags ready for all the fanbois to use?

well, I have decided to stop being entirely pessimistic and hope for the best, while keeping my expectations grounded. Maybe they will do a really good job?

My real question...what will the Frozen presence be in the other parks. Could Disneyland re-purpose the Matterhorn? i doubt that Disney world will ne the only park to have a Frozen ride. I wonder who will get the best one.

well, I have decided to stop being entirely pessimistic and hope for the best, while keeping my expectations grounded. Maybe they will do a really good job?

My real question...what will the Frozen presence be in the other parks. Could Disneyland re-purpose the Matterhorn? i doubt that Disney world will ne the only park to have a Frozen ride. I wonder who will get the best one.
Closing Matterhorn would cause a major outcry, that'll never happen.

Oh and you all think the Disney world fanboys are bad when it comes to attractions closing, there would be literal riots if anything closed at disneyland

ha...never say never. Last I checked Jack Sparrow was in Disney World and Disneyland Pirates rides.

- - - Updated - - -

and I didn't say closing Matterhorn. I said re-purposing it to Frozen.

Did they announce the closing? I know it was on the news last night but they said Disney would not confirm anything.

Edit...never mind, stopped being lazy and looked it up. The confirmed closing, but no date still. We are going tomorrow to ride one last time just in case it closes before we get back from vacation.

Last edited:
Love Frozen? Meet Anna and Elsa and all of their princess friends at Princess Fairytale Hall in Disney's Magic Kingdom.

Love Frozen? Frozen has been one of our most successful movies of all time! Come celebrate our Frozen Summer of Fun at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Love Frozen? It's a story full of wonder and discovery. Enjoy our new Frozen attraction at Epcot!

Love Frozen? Didn't it have some cute and lovable animals? Coming in 2024 to Disney's Animal Kingdom, join Anna, Kristoff, Olaf and Sven on Expedition North Mountain: Legend of the Marshmallow*.

*Marshmallow not guaranteed to be operational on your day of visit

I couldve had a giant rant but you've all heard it from me a million times by now. I hate this, this sucks, waste of an idea, cheap, lazy, could benifit other parks, other movies should've gone before this and finally it's taking over my favorite ride at Epcot. What else to say but UGHHHHHH. The only thing positive I have to say right now is that the release date is in fact near (by Disney standards) so atleast I won't have to wait 4 years for garbage...again. God I'm upset lol

Like I've said before, I'm not a fan of Maelstrom but Disney is missing a huuuuuuge opportunity by just overlaying the existing with a Frozen theme, especially when DHS could use new rides.

Hey everyone!!!

I've got some exciting news. A frozen ride is definitely coming to WDW,Epcot. The ride vehicle,a sleigh, will utilize the same trackless technology as the one used in mystic manor. The plan is to have it open before Avatar. I'll let you know as soon as I find out more.

^that was in May, thread page 10.

See guys. I wasn't trolling. I've known this since January and shared what I knew in May when I heard they were actually going through with this. I was told some more juciy gossip mid June but I'll let you guys know when its more concrete.

Reactions: LiamRowbotham

See guys. I wasn't trolling. I've known this since January and shared what I knew in May when I heard they were actually going through with this. I was told some more juciy gossip mid June but I'll let you guys know when its more concrete.

I didn't think anyone doubted this rumor. We all just didn't like the rumor :smiley: We still don't like that this is happening or at least I don't. But I have been planning on going to Epcot for my final ride for a bit now because of the very strong rumors this was happening.

At that point we all knew a Frozen ride was replacing Maelstrom, but we didn't know it was going to be a cheap overlay.

At that point we all knew a Frozen ride was replacing Maelstrom, but we didn't know it was going to be a cheap overlay.

Well, at this point we had an idea but I confirmed this back in May. Anyways, it's not going to be a cheap overlay. It will be better than Maelstrom, in my opinion.