Frozen Ever After | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

Frozen Ever After

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What do you mean? Maelstrom shows environments that exist in Norway, talks about their heritage, their mythology, and talks about today's culture and how they earn their living.

That's not really representative of current Norway though (and I've been to Norway).... also I'm just referring to the ride here by the way. It's the Fantasyland Americanized stereotype of Norway.

Norway isn't Vikings, Trolls* and Oil Rigs. Just like Canada isn't Mounties, Justin Bieber* and Igloos.

*We have these things in common.

I don't mind the stereotypes because it's a fun glimpse and gets one interested about the countries. You can't do justice to a country in four minutes, but Maelstrom is a bad offender at doing no justice at all. It's already a ride that's basically all fantasy, what's so different with actually making it a fantasy ride?

That ride would be better since it actually takes place in France and would require Disney to build something new instead of overlay.

That ride would be better since it actually takes place in France and would require Disney to build something new instead of overlay.
But let's not kid ourselves, people would be bitching just as much if they had announced the Rat ride in France.

But let's not kid ourselves, people would be bitching just as much if they had announced the Rat ride in France.

Ehh there would still be bitching due to the ride being overall crappy but I don't think it would be as bad as this. Atleast ratatouille is adding a ride, has cool new vehicle and makes sense where it's located

1f37794da4c42db0a957f93e05a9cdeb.jpg
[/QUOTE]

:lol:I'm torn on this. I love Maelstrom, it's a cult classic among theme park attractions. On the other hand, I liked Frozen, and I find my self singing the phrase "Let it go" in some shape or form. The Norwegians will all have angry faces when they visit now. :mad:

The Olaf AA is rumored to be amazing.

and I hear that TDS's Frozen Land (if it gets green lit in it's current form) will have a budget close to $500 Million compared to WDW's version at $75 Million.

I couldve had a giant rant but you've all heard it from me a million times by now. I hate this, this sucks, waste of an idea, cheap, lazy, could benifit other parks, other movies should've gone before this and finally it's taking over my favorite ride at Epcot. What else to say but UGHHHHHH. The only thing positive I have to say right now is that the release date is in fact near (by Disney standards) so atleast I won't have to wait 4 years for garbage...again. God I'm upset lol

My thoughts exactly. Couldn't they add a ride in DHS, or are they too cheap to do something from scratch? HATE this idea, HAAAATE IIIITTTT!

and I hear that TDS's Frozen Land (if it gets green lit in it's current form) will have a budget close to $500 Million compared to WDW's version at $75 Million.

I heard rumblings that they were going to recycle the Olaf AA in front of the frozen meet and greet in Disneyland for the facade entrance. A full AA would be very impressive. Btw also heard this attraction will be screen heavy

Did they specifically say it'll be telling the frozen story? Their best bet is to just make their own story based on highlights in the movies. Kinda like transformers
Staggs said it is going to feature scenes and songs from Frozen. So like Under The Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid without all the superfluous show scenes.

As i've said before, if they change it so that both the load and unload are in one area (the current unload area), that would free up space for another show scene or two and they wouldn't have to change the building layout at all. the only additional cost would be for making a former "off-stage" area into an onstage area and part of the ride.

Last edited:
I'd say the lift hill could be projection mapping snowflakes or some crap then where the Vikings are we could have do you want to build a snowman. Elsa shoots Anna then goes directly into the troll scene where frozen trolls will be warning Elsa's parents. Backwards into the future where Elsa is queen, let it go let it go. Marshmallow drop, our heroes slay him and then happy endings for all where the oil rig is. That's all I got, they're gonna need a genius imagineer to pull off the entire movie with such a little ride

Well it's probably something similar to a scaled up Lumiere, right? Put him in the right position and they can use some of the same tricks.