Frozen Ever After | Page 56 | Inside Universal Forums

Frozen Ever After

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm still slightly confused on why, with this new area being built, Olaf is getting a M&G at DHS instead of Epcot. I understand DHS needs things to draw people in, but an Olaf M&G would also be a big help to work Frozen fans away from the ride. The sisters have been around for 2.5 years now so unless Kristoff is meeting (maybe with Sven?), then the M&G is nothing too new.

I'm still slightly confused on why, with this new area being built, Olaf is getting a M&G at DHS instead of Epcot. I understand DHS needs things to draw people in, but an Olaf M&G would also be a big help to work Frozen fans away from the ride. The sisters have been around for 2.5 years now so unless Kristoff is meeting (maybe with Sven?), then the M&G is nothing too new.

Nothing new, but still very popular. You can't get M&G fast passes unless you are staying on site. The lines are also still pretty long. So my guess it is to spread the Frozen IP over two parks so that they can hopefully lesson the impact on Epcot.

Reactions: Nick
You think that "Frozen" Brand is getting stale, but just wait for that sequel....it's going to do gangbusters.

Also, All the folks that think that this will decrease wait times for Test Track/Soarin are not considering all the new people that will be coming to the park. This attraction will bring in new guests.

I would imagine Food/Wine fest will be an interesting combo of drunks and small girls screaming Let it Go at the top of their lungs...

You think that "Frozen" Brand is getting stale, but just wait for that sequel....it's going to do gangbusters.

Also, All the folks that think that this will decrease wait times for Test Track/Soarin are not considering all the new people that will be coming to the park. This attraction will bring in new guests.

I would imagine Food/Wine fest will be an interesting combo of drunks and small girls screaming Let it Go at the top of their lungs...

Which is why I am not sure the lines will be less, but I do think getting top tier fast passes will be easier. Just because you can only get one of them. I think if Epcot could add 3 more quality offerings they probably wouldn't even need the tiered system anymore. But that is not happening for a long time.

Also, I have no clue what circles you all live in, but the circle I live in says Frozen is still really popular with the young kids. I noticed my daughters class is growing out of it, but it is still really popular with my niece's class. They all got Frozen stuff for Christmas.

Reactions: Nick
One of the biggest changes is going to be dining at World Showcase. All the parents forced into their late Frozen FPs (cause screw waiting in those lines, if they even exist) and they are probably going to plan around that. So I can forsee the toddler/child quotient at various WS restaurants during dinner times going significantly higher than it used to be as the summer progresses... and man that's going to irritate so many people haha.

One of the biggest changes is going to be dining at World Showcase. All the parents forced into their late Frozen FPs (cause screw waiting in those lines, if they even exist) and they are probably going to plan around that. So I can forsee the toddler/child quotient at various WS restaurants during dinner times going significantly higher than it used to be as the summer progresses... and man that's going to irritate so many people haha.

Every time I eat at Epcot there tends to be a lot of kids eating there. So not sure this will be that effected. Most on site guests have the dining plan so if they are in epcot they are probably eating sit down somewhere. Plus many of them are made for kids like Germany, the princess one, and garden grill. You could even say hibachi is perfect for kids since they get a show. So I highly doubt this will effect dining at all.

That's interesting because it seemed way more adult oriented when I was there, and from what I have heard. Sure, you'll never escape kids but World Showcase dining has always felt like adults with young children tended to avoid it more and went to more kid friendly places with less intense menus.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
That's interesting because it seemed way more adult oriented when I was there, and from what I have heard. Sure, you'll never escape kids but World Showcase dining has always felt like adults with young children tended to avoid it more and went to more kid friendly places with less intense menus.

What time of the year did you go? Because it does depends on when. There are less families that go outside of school time. Now certain places tend to lean more adult like France and Canada. But many of the places of plenty of kids. Also there is a trend with young kids that adults no longer give kid friendly food. So there is that too. My kids don't eat kid friendly food all that often.

What time of the year did you go? Because it does depends on when. There are less families that go outside of school time. Now certain places tend to lean more adult like France and Canada. But many of the places of plenty of kids. Also there is a trend with young kids that adults no longer give kid friendly food. So there is that too. My kids don't eat kid friendly food all that often.

Well I have to cop to that: I was there last in September. Yet I glanced at the menus at almost all of the reservation-only restaurants. Via Napoli has pizza, but so many of the others is clearly catered to an upscale, adult crowd that I couldn't imagine many families with young children (keep in mind, I mean the age range of 3 to 10) would actively persue it when there are so many friendlier options to take them too. I will never, ever stay at Art of Animation again and it's not because of anything that was Disney's fault in the slightest: it was being trampled over by families with some of the rudest parents imaginable. Completely different crowd than what I faced at Epcot... and I think that's the exact Frozen crowd who usually steers clear of that. But when you have those families for once forced into World Showcase at night, you'll start to see them accepting that Disney is forcing their hand when it comes to dining there.

Granted this is all stemming from what Frozen in WS means for crowds the entire day as well. World Showcase has a very museum-y vibe to its entirety that wards children off from wanting to go in. (families as well) Disney has clearly benefitted from preying on the more adult aspects with Food & Wine and constantly upping the fine dining experiences, but they have shown some trepidation in going all-in. Nevermind Frozen/Norway as a whole (which is basically its own thing), but Gran Fiesta Tour, O'Canada '07, Kim Possible/Agent P all seem to imply that Disney wants every WS change or improvement that's attraction-based to lean more heavily towards families as the easiest, cheapest way to alleivate the frustrated "I spent thousands on a park hopper even though my kids were bored as hell at Epcot!" crowd. (yes I know that's not the entire reason, but it's a part of it) Yet I don't think any of these things actually ever brought families tenfold into WS, it just appeased those who wandered in.

Frozen is a draw for families, and I don't think people wouldn't be up in arms about sacrificing WS' integrity if we didn't acknowledge the fact that WS, even when EPCOT Center opened in 1982 really was targeting the adult audience moreso. Future World had a bit more of a balance, it had rides with humor and whimsy. World Showcase has always been, for the most part, a stoic cultural museum of sorts. Now if your kids love World Showcase, that's great! But most kids do not, including me when I was young. I didn't start being interested in anything related to WS until I was in high school. I think most families with kids are the same way. Most of them (with their children of course) pick their spot, watch Illuminations, then leave. If the parents wants to enjoy WS, often they'll give the kids Agent P to enjoy.

Now Disney is making WS the #1 destination for families this summer, and if the ride and M&Gs are Fastpass Plus I can not wait to see what happens. Especially once Food/Wine starts up. Feels like two different crowds that shouldn't intertwine, but will.

Wait.. where did you get trampled in Art of Animation? :lol: Now that I think about it, I'm surprised they haven't announced a Frozen wing in that resort. If they even have room for it, I don't know..

WS is inside of a theme park, at a resort catered to families. This isn't going to magically be the first time a kid sets foot out to WS. Likely, many of you that haven't noticed them before have been drinking because I tend to see a lot of kids there every time I go.

thing about frozen is its not Disney biggest animated movie anymore zootopia crushed frozen s sales.
No, it slightly beat it's opening weekend. It won't beat Frozen, which grossed over $1B. Zootopia has about $725M WW. Still great, but it didn't have a "Let it Go" to propel rabid fandom towards it.

Reactions: Mad Dog
My kids are 1 and 5 and we eat where we want to eat as our kids will eat what we eat. My daughter would rather have steak and shrimp than chicken nuggets and fries. My niece is 3 and they also go anywhere they want and don't worry about kids. My friends have kids who are 5 and 8 and Epcot is their favorite park and again they eat wherever and never look at kid friendly as a reason. I think you would be surprised that parents are starting to change. In the past 3 years I have noticed kids menus changing too. More healthy options and more adult food options. 3 years ago we hardly ever ordered from the kids menu, now we can more often. Even the families I know who need kid friendly stuff can still go to most places because they have kids menu with kid friendly stuff on the menu.

They have coloring stations in each country, the scavenger hunt, etc. All so kids won't be bored and these have been around for many many years.

WS is inside of a theme park, at a resort catered to families. This isn't going to magically be the first time a kid sets foot out to WS. Likely, many of you that haven't noticed them before have been drinking because I tend to see a lot of kids there every time I go.

When did I ever say kids never go to World Showcase?

My kingdom for the acceptance of a nuanced idea...

Reactions: Fatality
When did I ever say kids never go to World Showcase?

My kingdom for the acceptance of a nuanced idea...
I'm agree if you are trying to say Frozen was a bad fit for WS and Norway, but it's a tad too late to go back now. I've just accepted that it's happening and don't really care about it too much anymore.

Reactions: IzzyB
Actually I'm not really that upset, I just find the two different demographics so startlingly opposite which is rare for half of a Disney park.

Agreed. I enjoyed the movie. Looking forward to the ride. I don't want to seem weird riding it by myself so I'll probably wait til I get a girlfriend again lol
The only way you seem weird riding by yourself is if you act out of the ordinary. Plenty of people go on solo trips.

Reactions: Ryan