Frozen Ever After | Page 58 | Inside Universal Forums

Frozen Ever After

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not sure how accurate this is and don't know who insiders are on The Dis, but this is what someone posted about the ride - Norway Ride & Rivers Of Light (Disappointing Progress Updates) | The DIS Disney Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

Norway (Epcot):
. . . the boats FINALLY start to go into the water TONIGHT (4/11/2016)
. . . these are the previous boats and boat designs
. . . many of the CM's don't think the boats can maneuver one of the turns, while Imagineers say, "Yes"
. . . the CM's think even if they navigate the turn, they will "bunch up"
. . . the ride test trials start SLOWLY tonight so we should see
. . . no word on soft or hard opening dates
. . . They have been training ride operators for over 6-weeks.
. . . the ride was to open 3-4 week sago.
. . . Tech difficulties, and a lack of painting halted progress.
. . . of course, they laid-off 140 painters
. . . The hold-up was so bad, that CM's had NOTHING to do.
. . . many of them, were paid to just sit around
. . . other areas did not want to take them all, as the other area budgets would have been over-plan
. . . yes, some were temporarily deployed
. . . As for not hearing before, bad planning or difficulties is not something WDW likes to publicize.

NOTE: The above info is from CM's working on or in the rides, and not an official statement from WDW.

The only thing I've really heard consistently is the entire project is well behind schedule due to resources and budgets being slashed. Not to say it will be a terrible ride or anything of that nature cause I'm hopeful it won't be. And just to throw my 2 cents in, I had originally heard about a year ago the plan was to soft open this attraction before FY2015 closed out and grand open it just before the spring break rush. Again not saying whether or not its true just what I overheard is all. Thanks for sharing btw @Next Big Thing

We'll certainly see. I think Frozen fever isn't what it once was, just from anecdotal evidence from my family, so it could be a bit better than we're all expecting

Well I can say from my daughters school, it by no means is over. Less so in my daughters class as they are moving into the Barbie age (not my daughter, she is a lego girl), but they still wear a lot of Anna & Elsa stuff on Disney and storybook character days. They still listen to the music and some even still have parties with that theme. But in my Niece's class they are Frozen, Frozen, and more Frozen. They got it for Christmas, almost all the birthday parties are themed to Frozen, and they are still singing that dumb song :)

So it depends on the age. My Niece is 3, my daughter is 5.

Reactions: Andy
Well I can say from my daughters school, it by no means is over. Less so in my daughters class as they are moving into the Barbie age (not my daughter, she is a lego girl), but they still wear a lot of Anna & Elsa stuff on Disney and storybook character days. They still listen to the music and some even still have parties with that theme. But in my Niece's class they are Frozen, Frozen, and more Frozen. They got it for Christmas, almost all the birthday parties are themed to Frozen, and they are still singing that dumb song :)

So it depends on the age. My Niece is 3, my daughter is 5.

My step niece is 5 ish, and she's completely over it, so that's where I'm at. :lol:

My step niece is 5 ish, and she's completely over it, so that's where I'm at. :lol:

I don't think one person you know who is 5 is really a good indication. I talk to a good bit of parents who have 2, 3, and 5 years from my daughter's school, in my neighborhood, and friends I have. Girls are still very much into it. Our friends coming down from Pittsburgh who has a 5 year old is doing the meet and greet twice. As I stated 5 seems to be hit or miss. I would say 50% of the girls in my daughters class are very much into it still based on costumes, birthday parties, and talking with parents. 25% are moving away, 15% have moved on, and 10% were never into it. My daughter is in the 10% that never was into it. If I only had exposure to my daughter I wouldn't ever think it was popular :) Now if you move to the 3 year old kids it seems like they are all still very much into it. It is all based on the age of the kids, when they saw the movie, and what their friends like.

Sitting in the DHS theater (Oct. 2015) and watching that gawd awful show :lol: (it makes Sinbad look like a Broadway production), I was amazed and taken aback at the throngs of very young girls, standing in their chairs, screaming, singing and completely enthralled by Frozen. I had read about that fever pitch, but to see it was something else. I certainly don't understand why, but it was evident to me that Frozen had a hold on it's core audience that really defies explanation . I think the lines for Frozen, if it ever opens, will be very very long. October wasn't that long ago.

From the final Awaken event from this week, it was confirmed of FEA opening in June, but no date has been given.

It has also been said during the Awaken events, that the ride will be based after the events of the film.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Considering we're a month or so away from June and no date was given, I'm willing to bet the ride doesn't open in June.

That isn't fair, no opening date for Kong has been announced but we all know it is opening June 23rd. Theme parks are waiting later and later to announce opening dates. If ROL is any indication I think it is a good move by the parks to wait until they know for sure.

That isn't fair, no opening date for Kong has been announced but we all know it is opening June 23rd. Theme parks are waiting later and later to announce opening dates. If ROL is any indication I think it is a good move by the parks to wait until they know for sure.

And Soarin' is opening June 17 and they announced that. If they know June, they'd announce a date.

Reactions: Ryno27
And Soarin' is opening June 17 and they announced that. If they know June, they'd announce a date.

My guess is they have an internal date they would like to meet and a drop dead date of the last day of June. Once they know which one they can meet they will announce it. Again, Universal knows they are opening it June 23rd, why haven't they announced that date? Theme parks have strange reasons for doing things, it doesn't mean that it won't open in June.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
My guess is they have an internal date they would like to meet and a drop dead date of the last day of June. Once they know which one they can meet they will announce it. Again, Universal knows they are opening it June 23rd, why haven't they announced that date? Theme parks have strange reasons for doing things, it doesn't mean that it won't open in June.

Okay. If it opens in June I owe you a Coke.

Universal didn't just have a big media even and only announce an opening date for one thing. :lol:

Okay. If it opens in June I owe you a Coke.

Universal didn't just have a big media even and only announce an opening date for one thing. :lol:
To be fair, just about everyone knew the new soarin' film was debuting on the 17th anyway. SHDL has the opening exclusivity (was supposed to be longer but because of the parks opening delay...). I believe the original Soarin' is still scheduled to re-open before the debut of the new film. Epcot needs capacity bad.

To be fair, just about everyone knew the new soarin' film was debuting on the 17th anyway. SHDL has the opening exclusivity (was supposed to be longer but because of the parks opening delay...). I believe the original Soarin' is still scheduled to re-open before the debut of the new film. Epcot needs capacity bad.

Does anyone have a clue of when they will open the original back up? I fear they won't be and Epcot really does need something when Memorial weekend occurs.