Frozen Ever After | Page 82 | Inside Universal Forums

Frozen Ever After

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Over at Magic a few posters are saying the price tag for Frozen is apx. $150 million. If true, that would place the Frozen cost in the Reign of Kong ballpark. Frozen looks pretty nice, but certainly not an E ticket.

Holy FRIG! and thanks for remembering what I told you about Kong...

Do Disney's contractors hate the WD Co???

Or, do they just see them coming... ;)

Wow. $150 million for a retrofit. They are bleeding money over there. How much would this have cost if they built it from scratch?

LESS!

I question the money, I would guess (and it is just a guess) that it is really $90 - $100M but maybe they are on the China plan now and not all ends up in the ride?

Oh, there are stories I can't even tell about, especially regarding Pandora.
Oh, I can imagine, especially, with just about all the insiders saying the cost has doubled to the $800 million to $1 billion neighborhood. Universal could build two or three more Diagon's/Gringotts/Hogwart's Express for that kind of money. They probably had to pay blackmail rates to vendor's they didn't contract with early enough in the ballgame.

I've relented and watched a POV. Several actually... I am plesantly suprised. Would I have liked it to be anywhere else other than Norway...? Absoloutely, but taken at face value, it's a lovely little attraction and the Olaf AA is amazing!

In fact... the 2nd time we see Olaf, is that CGI or an AA cause I honestly can't tell from the POV!

I've relented and watched a POV. Several actually... I am plesantly suprised. Would I have liked it to be anywhere else other than Norway...? Absoloutely, but taken at face value, it's a lovely little attraction and the Olaf AA is amazing!

In fact... the 2nd time we see Olaf, is that CGI or an AA cause I honestly can't tell from the POV!

Makes you wonder why it is not a screen with animation (they are cartoon characters after all) when you cannot tell the difference. I have not seen it in person and may be guilty of judging it from a vid but I have no intention of giving WDW any money in the next few years to queue up to see this.

Is Elsa at the turn point an AA too, cause that looked like screeeeenz to me too.

I will be going to Epcot in Sept, it for sure won't be my sole reason for going... but I will ride it, as I like to go on everything.

If I was local, I'd be waiting until the rush died down before bothering going on it!

Is Elsa at the turn point an AA too, cause that looked like screeeeenz to me too.

I will be going to Epcot in Sept, it for sure won't be my sole reason for going... but I will ride it, as I like to go on everything.

If I was local, I'd be waiting until the rush died down before bothering going on it!

The Elsa at the turn point is an AA for sure! TheTimTracker's PoV channel has a video they took last night and when you get to the turn point, the Elsa AA is broken with zero movement except the projected face. Her arms are in a static pose. Time to through a strobe light on her and call it a day!

About 2:38 in the video:

EDIT: After re-watching the video, the first Olaf AA seems to have an eye problem where they turn a shade of green for a short period of time.

Well I finally rode it today.

I went to meet up with the Inside Universal guys, and got there today around 8:40ish (Damn traffic) but lucky enough that they were already in line waiting since 8.

Anywho, when Epcot officially opened at 9, that's when they decided to say "Oh, Frozen is not open but you can queue up".

So we all made the mad dash and waited for about 30 min before Frozen officially opened up. Wait itself was 30ish before the ride broke down and was evac'd. We decided to wait since we were next to board - and about 30 min later the ride was back up. Boarded, and no problems. The lift hill was veryyyyy rough as we reached the apex of the lift, and that's a bummer since it should have been fixed with the layover. Anyway, we broke down on last scene right before unload. We were in the boat for about 20 min when they decided to evac again. The water was drained and we were finally led through the exit. I know it's only day 2, but it's going to be a rough summer if this keeps up.

As far as the ride itself, it was really well done. AA's were great, but I do have a bit of a gripe with the Sisters AA at the finale - as the projected faces don't read as well. Story was fine, although felt rushed after the "Let it Go" scene. The finale "In Summer" seemed like it was forced in. Personally felt everyone (Kristoff and Sven) should have been there since it was a "Celebration".

Other gripes:

There is nothing "Norway" about this, so any PR non-sense about it reflecting, or honoring Norwegian heritage was BS. It's very much a Frozen ride, and most of the ride is just snow and rocks - not even in Arendelle.

Again, I echo that it shouldn't have been a layover. Huge missed opportunity but what's done is done.

Either way, the ride is a great addition and did do a nice job with the layover from a themeing and queue standpoint.

IMG_3043.JPG

The Elsa at the turn point is an AA for sure! TheTimTracker's PoV channel has a video they took last night and when you get to the turn point, the Elsa AA is broken with zero movement except the projected face. Her arms are in a static pose. Time to through a strobe light on her and call it a day!

About 2:38 in the video:

EDIT: After re-watching the video, the first Olaf AA seems to have an eye problem where they turn a shade of green for a short period of time.

The Timtracker vids are really great. And that's one outstanding mustache.

Well I finally rode it today.

I went to meet up with the Inside Universal guys, and got there today around 8:40ish (Damn traffic) but lucky enough that they were already in line waiting since 8.

Anywho, when Epcot officially opened at 9, that's when they decided to say "Oh, Frozen is not open but you can queue up".

So we all made the mad dash and waited for about 30 min before Frozen officially opened up. Wait itself was 30ish before the ride broke down and was evac'd. We decided to wait since we were next to board - and about 30 min later the ride was back up. Boarded, and no problems. The lift hill was veryyyyy rough as we reached the apex of the lift, and that's a bummer since it should have been fixed with the layover. Anyway, we broke down on last scene right before unload. We were in the boat for about 20 min when they decided to evac again. The water was drained and we were finally led through the exit. I know it's only day 2, but it's going to be a rough summer if this keeps up.

As far as the ride itself, it was really well done. AA's were great, but I do have a bit of a gripe with the Sisters AA at the finale - as the projected faces don't read as well. Story was fine, although felt rushed after the "Let it Go" scene. The finale "In Summer" seemed like it was forced in. Personally felt everyone (Kristoff and Sven) should have been there since it was a "Celebration".

Other gripes:

There is nothing "Norway" about this, so any PR non-sense about it reflecting, or honoring Norwegian heritage was BS. It's very much a Frozen ride, and most of the ride is just snow and rocks - not even in Arendelle.

Again, I echo that it shouldn't have been a layover. Huge missed opportunity but what's done is done.

Either way, the ride is a great addition and did do a nice job with the layover from a themeing and queue standpoint.

View attachment 2389

I do hope you mean "Overlay"....