Frozen Ever After | Page 81 | Inside Universal Forums

Frozen Ever After

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Oh don't get me wrong, a lack of story is typically not a big deal for the exact examples you used. When done right like HM, it can really let your mind wander and tell a story of its own. However that's an original creation for the parks, there wasn't a pre existing movie based on it. For that reason the story fails. We know these characters taking the whole mystery that made HM and pirates so interesting and original, pretty much gone. its comparing apples and oranges. I don't need a re telling either however I would prefer that than "let's go to elsa's tower to do.....things". Whatever, I set my bar low but remained hopeful, this doesn't look that great. If this was a bum rushed effort (still having lots of quality to it), I can only see avatar land as being nothing short of incredible in comparison

It's funny that it seems rushed and shoehorned in but it took them almost two years to do it. I won't pretend to understand their operating model as it currently is. I certainly agree with your remarks.

Did anyone think that the first drop (going backwards) appears to have been slowed down or made a controlled descent? Maybe it was just the video or the fact that I wasn't paying the best attention.

It's funny that it seems rushed and shoehorned in but it took them almost two years to do it. I won't pretend to understand their operating model as it currently is. I certainly agree with your remarks.

Did anyone think that the first drop (going backwards) appears to have been slowed down or made a controlled descent? Maybe it was just the video or the fact that I wasn't paying the best attention.
I think it is relatively the same speed...There was a bit more going on with Maelstrom that made it seem faster..

Reactions: Ryno27 and SkiBum
About the backwards drop and speed - did some comparisons of videos of Maelstrom and videos of Frozen Ever After. From the time the first switch releases the vehicle to the time the vehicle stops in the second switch is about 55 seconds for both.

Reactions: SkiBum and Ryno27
anybody notice how Disney used to be really good at human aas and bad at other now with the projection faces humans look creepy as all hell while the animals look realistic.

Reactions: Cole
Did you ride or is this based on the YouTube video?

Oh probably YouTube lol

After watching a POV, I think it's a cute ride for the kids. The glowing heads bother me, but besides that, I think for what it is, it's fine. No one was expecting a breathtaking ride.

This is an issue with recording POVs of the new AAs. Seeing them in person the faces look much much better in person.

Oh don't get me wrong, a lack of story is typically not a big deal for the exact examples you used. When done right like HM, it can really let your mind wander and tell a story of its own. However that's an original creation for the parks, there wasn't a pre existing movie based on it. For that reason the story fails. We know these characters taking the whole mystery that made HM and pirates so interesting and original, pretty much gone. its comparing apples and oranges. I don't need a re telling either however I would prefer that than "let's go to elsa's tower to do.....things". Whatever, I set my bar low but remained hopeful, this doesn't look that great. If this was a bum rushed effort (still having lots of quality to it), I can only see avatar land as being nothing short of incredible in comparison

One of the things I can tell from the video is the plot, not story, is very disjointed and doesn't make sense. Plot of the HM is you're on a tour of a haunted house. Plot of Kong is you're on an expedition into a temple. Plot of Frozen is...?

Reactions: PINK, Cole and Ryan
Over at Magic a few posters are saying the price tag for Frozen is apx. $150 million. If true, that would place the Frozen cost in the Reign of Kong ballpark. Frozen looks pretty nice, but certainly not an E ticket.

Reactions: PINK and Cole
Over at Magic a few posters are saying the price tag for Frozen is apx. $150 million. If true, that would place the Frozen cost in the Reign of Kong ballpark. Frozen looks pretty nice, but certainly not an E ticket.

The problem Disney sees is retrofitting is no longer a cost savings move, it's a liability. That's why come soon Imagination pavilion will be demo'd instead of cramming a new ride into it.

Reactions: Cole and Mad Dog
Plot of Frozen is it's the winter in summer day and you're invited to Elsa's ice palace as guests. It's spelled out in the queue and the Olaf scenes in the ride.

It's not perfect, but how it's put together seems more cohesive than Kong. Plus, it sparkles.

Reactions: snayberry
The problem Disney sees is retrofitting is no longer a cost savings move, it's a liability. That's why come soon Imagination pavilion will be demo'd instead of cramming a new ride into it.

So basically they've finally come to terms that in placement this ride was a gigantic mistake? Woof.

As for the AAs, I can't judge the Elsa/Anna/Kristoff AAs since everybody who has seen it in person says they look way less creepy. But the Olaf, Sven and troll AAs are unbelivable. That first especially is like seeing an animated character spring from the film and come to life, I can't imagine how it is in real life.

Also MINOR nitpick but I dislike the backstage clearly on display on the right-hand side when rounding the lifthill. I know Maelstrom used to be in darkness but they really couldn't mask that?

Could you show us where in a video or was this from being on the ride?

It's right here:
LEXymDA.png

Yes, I know that's a low light video but it's very prominent as the snowflake LED flashes even in other, darker vids that are on the opposite side of human sight. So I would have to imagine this is noticable for anybody riding, especially on the right hand side.

Wow. $150 million for a retrofit. They are bleeding money over there. How much would this have cost if they built it from scratch?