Future of Dragon Challenge? | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Dragon Challenge?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They could easily theme it around the escape from Harry's house in the last book. Where they're attacked by death eaters and take multiple routes to escape.

The challenge with that is that Hogsmeade is roughly themed around Harry's 4th year (pre-Voldemort resurrection), so it would need to be something around that time. The Shrieking Shack/Forbidden Forest theme would make the most sense with that time frame.

I know the space is huge and valuable, but I don't want Dragon Challenge to go. Harry Potter completely ruined that ride, especially as we lost one of the best entrances ever in my eyes. But the coasters are still great, even without the duelling element anymore they're still great rides. Could we not just see a Hulk level refurb with some theming added to the ride layout for like close calls? Make it like the arena from Goblet of Fire.

If not and it really is going to be removed, I really hope it is kept for the 3rd park. Would give that park a solid coaster that the locals know and they could advertise as heavily refurbed like Hulk so it acts as brand new but you keep a popular ride.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
I don't think these are brilliant coasters in their own right. I've been on 4 B&M inverts recently and I'd rank these 2 below Nemesis and Montu. I mean, they're not bad, but they're not the reason I go to Universal.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
I know the space is huge and valuable, but I don't want Dragon Challenge to go. Harry Potter completely ruined that ride, especially as we lost one of the best entrances ever in my eyes. But the coasters are still great, even without the duelling element anymore they're still great rides. Could we not just see a Hulk level refurb with some theming added to the ride layout for like close calls? Make it like the arena from Goblet of Fire.

If not and it really is going to be removed, I really hope it is kept for the 3rd park. Would give that park a solid coaster that the locals know and they could advertise as heavily refurbed like Hulk so it acts as brand new but you keep a popular ride.
Harry Potter ruined a ton of things in Lost Continent, which was the best land at Universal before potter.

That's what I thought, but then graspthesun said it was set in Harry's 4th year so I got curious lol

I could have sworn that around the time that Diagon opened I read something that each land was set in a specific time, but I can't find it now. Hogsmeade was around years 3 and 4 because Flight of the Hippogriff was tied to Care of Magical Creatures in year 3 and the tri-wizard tournament in year 4. Forbidden Journey is largely an amalgamation of events that take place up through that time and the character depictions are aged around that same year.

Diagon Alley, on the other hand, is set largely between year 6 and 7 with the opening of Weasley's Wizard Wheezes and the Break-in of Gringotts when the group goes to get the Horcrux from the Lestrange vault.

Granted, this may have just been a superfan interpretation, and the Hogwarts Express throws that off by essentially traveling through time and space, but that's how I've always viewed the lands.

Reactions: UNIrd
Status
Not open for further replies.