Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Future of Jurassic Park River Adventure

Do you want River Adventure to get the Hollywood treatment or stay JP?

• Keep it JP

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Bring on the iRex

Votes: 181 63.5%

• Total voters
It’s no longer a matter of if JPRA is getting switch to JW - it’s now a matter of when! VelicoCoaster’s success will play into funding the rest of the land being overhauled.
BelatedGlossyAnkole-size_restricted.gif

The financial success of VelociCoaster is going to pay for the next priority, which is EU. Or KidZone. Or SLoP. Things are pocketed by land.

Eh. I hate to hear JW retheme isn’t a priority with a JW attraction sitting in JP and teasing JW dinos & attractions. I would have thought Uni already had budgets figured out for EU, SloP, and KZ. Guess the pandemic changed all that.

Eh. I hate to hear JW retheme isn’t a priority with a JW attraction sitting in JP and teasing JW dinos & attractions. I would have thought Uni already had budgets figured out for EU, SloP, and KZ. Guess the pandemic changed all that.
I'm guessing the pandemic changed a lot in terms of finances and priorities of Universal. It seems that they're slowly starting to get their footing back recently though so we'll see what will take priority once we get back to normalcy, but I'm guessing that with EU really being pushed that they'll want to focus it all on that for now.

I'm guessing the pandemic changed a lot in terms of finances and priorities of Universal. It seems that they're slowly starting to get their footing back recently though so we'll see what will take priority once we get back to normalcy, but I'm guessing that with EU really being pushed that they'll want to focus it all on that for now.

Honestly, I wish they would scrap EU and update the existing parks. While IOA continues to grow and thrive, USF is a shell of its former self.

Honestly, I wish they would scrap EU and update the existing parks. While IOA continues to grow and thrive, USF is a shell of its former self.
I feel like with how far along EU has gone, that won't happen. I just have trust in the USF team that they'll make EU amazing and then once it's done they'll shift focus onto the other parks. But I agree, the other parks do need some upgrades, especially USF. I'm still excited for what EU has to offer though so I'm holding out that it'll make up for it (which I'm sure it will).

The financial success of VelociCoaster is going to pay for the next priority, which is EU. Or KidZone. Or SLoP. Things are pocketed by land.

Excuse me if this might seem..off, but I feel like this might indicate that if the demand is in place, could Comcast be willing to backfund Epic Universe to be aggressively set for a Winter 2024/Early 2025 date? That's the vibe I kind of get when reading that, as it would make sense; especially considering how fast Beijing kind of went up.

I didn’t say it’s not a priority. But there’s no need for it to be a high priority. EU, KidZone, Shrek, F&F, Lost Continent, and the theater plots are likely all higher priorities than a JPRA re-theme would be, especially when they already declined the re-theme once. Because we have to remember, the parks just lost a year of income. It doesn’t matter how successful the next 18 months are, that year is lost.
Excuse me if this might seem..off, but I feel like this might indicate that if the demand is in place, could Comcast be willing to backfund Epic Universe to be aggressively set for a Winter 2024/Early 2025 date? That's the vibe I kind of get when reading that, as it would make sense; especially considering how fast Beijing kind of went up.
I’m expecting fall 2025 (with summer previews), and I think that is the “aggressive” date. Not so much because Comcast doesn’t want it sooner, but because I think it’s the most realistic with regard to available resources. Beijing was being built in isolation and still took 4.5 years from ground breaking to opening. EU is getting built at the same time Disney is building attractions, and there are only so many workers available in the southeast. That said, Comcast is definitely bullish at this point. But to expect anything before mid-2025 when they haven’t really “broken ground” is unrealistic, I think.

Last edited:
I'm sure the budgets are definitely impacted. Although I'd imagine we absolutely get SLOP before EU opens. That ride looks so, so good.

I’m expecting fall 2025 (with summer previews), and I think that is the “aggressive” date. Not so much because Comcast doesn’t want it sooner, but because I think it’s the most realistic with regard to available resources. Beijing was being built in isolation and still took 4.5 years from ground breaking to opening. EU is getting built at the same time Disney is building attractions, and there are only so many workers available in the southeast. That said, Comcast is definitely bullish at this point. But to expect anything before mid-2025 when they haven’t really “broken” is unrealistic, I think.
Not to mention supply chains are broken and raw materials are LOL expensive right now...

This is pretty funny and a good reason why it needs an update Login • Instagram
I feel like even in its prime our JP never had the same scope or budget as Hollywood’s... Everything feels slower, clunkier, more empty, and not film-accurate. They should go all in on an update to make it even better than the Hollywood JW now that they’ve worked the kinks out. It’s the cheapest automatic E-ticket they could make, as instead of ground up, they can utilize a ride system that was already made to be E-ticket

This is pretty funny and a good reason why it needs an update Login • Instagram

Was just coming here to see if this was shared. It’s quite frankly embarrassing that JPRA is even in that state. For a park of IOA‘s stature. It needs a serious refurb / new AA’s yesterday.

At this point just shut it down and put in JW if that’s what it takes to approve the funds - it should not be operating at this show level.

Was just coming here to see if this was shared. It’s quite frankly embarrassing that JPRA is even in that state. For a park of IOA‘s stature. It needs a serious refurb / new AA’s yesterday.

At this point just shut it down and put in JW if that’s what it takes to approve the funds - it should not be operating at this show level.

This is why I don’t complain about JW’s Mosasaur scene. It’s way better than the Ultrasaur AA, even if it is all screens.

Is it better than a brand new, fully-functioning Ultrasaur? Not in a million years. I can see dinosaurs on a screen at home. I can't see a 20 foot animatronic at home.

I think a plus up of the Mosasaur scene to include some practice representation of that Dino (maybe a feeding scene dangling a shark above the tank and having it pop up?) would be better than a new Ultrasaur AA. As it stands now, Mosasaur tank beats broke neck Ultrasaur AA.