Future of Shrek Attraction | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Shrek Attraction

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

At Universal Orlando would you close Shrek 4-D?

• Yes

Votes: 65 64.4%
  • No

Votes: 13 12.9%
  • Update/New ride for Shrek franchise

Votes: 23 22.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have to imagine it pulls decent enough numbers. Sure, there's rarely a line, but it's very high-capacity compared to Despicable Me.
Of course, that certainly doesn't mean it's good... But with a big franchise and the fact that Uni is starved for attractions with no height requirement, I think it'll be awhile before they finally get around to replacing it.

Is it announced that it'll be the same shrek video as the one at uni or a new one? I have my many.....many thoughts on shrek 4D but I'll save them for my review when the new site feature comes up with my new persona....

I just don't think Shrek has the staying power of a DM or Simpsons. I liked the first two movies but the went down hill after that. The ride should have more thought put into it.

If you think about it, Jimmy Neutron lasted 8 years before it got replaced...Shrek is going on it's 11th year this June. Soooooo, instead of just retheming the building to another attraction again I hope that they level the building and start from scratch...Maybe Teenage Mutant Ninga Turtles (Kong 36o type attraction)?

If you think about it, Jimmy Neutron lasted 8 years before it got replaced...Shrek is going on it's 11th year this June. Soooooo, instead of just retheming the building to another attraction again I hope that they level the building and start from scratch...Maybe Teenage Mutant Ninga Turtles (Kong 36o type attraction)?

I don't think there is enough space in that building for a actual ride. It'll always be a theater unless they demo it

Pretty sure it will stay for a while still, though probably once they have taken care of everything else (kidzone, mystery plot, world expo), then they will completely redo the entire production central area.

Pretty sure it will stay for a while still, though probably once they have taken care of everything else (kidzone, mystery plot, world expo), then they will completely redo the entire production central area.

Shrek's an all-ages people eater so it's gonna stay for a while. Once the new interactive museum opens, I'd like to see some of the Lucy memorabilia moved to there, then use the Lucy/Shrek area for an all new family dark ride from the ground up. Their own GMR/Spaceship Earth

That's why I said level the whole building and start from scratch. I'm completely aware that that building couldn't house a different type of attraction.
Well I believe it could house a different type of attraction like a Pandora's box attraction or Sorin'-esque ride...I would rather see a dark ride built, which would require demolition

Well I believe it could house a different type of attraction like a Pandora's box attraction or Sorin'-esque ride...I would rather see a dark ride built, which would require demolition

Since Gardens of Allah is becoming a museum, Lucy could have some memorabilia moved to the new location and be used alongside Shrek's former space for one big family Omnimover-style attraction.

Since Gardens of Allah is becoming a museum, Lucy could have some memorabilia moved to the new location and be used alongside Shrek's former space for one big family Omnimover-style attraction.
Yes, a Universal pictures version of SSE is a dream of mine for the park..it would give us properties that aren't worthy of a full out attraction some spotlight (Universal Monsters, BTTF, etc)

I do too. I would like to see a Universal Monster Mansion Omnimover-style dark ride.......or even their own version of the Great Movie Ride.

I hadn't even considered the idea of a Universal Monster related attraction. That would be incredible.

I was told last year by a friend pretty involved with Universal that Shrek and Twister will both be leaving soon. But alas, that was over twelve months ago and no word of such plans has yet been uncovered. So who knows.

I hadn't even considered the idea of a Universal Monster related attraction. That would be incredible.

I was told last year by a friend pretty involved with Universal that Shrek and Twister will both be leaving soon. But alas, that was over twelve months ago and no word of such plans has yet been uncovered. So who knows.

Either the show from Universal Singapore or updated Ghostbusters for Twister
Once the new museum opens, put some Lucy memorabilia there and use it and Shrek for the family dark ride (could be Universal Monsters themed). Use the cul-de-sac idea for KidZone to bring in some suburban IPs alongside E.T. (Coraline, TMNT, Scooby-Doo, the new Pets movie, Curious George maybe?), use Hill Valley 2015 as a transition to the new sci-fi area of the park. Star Trek, MIB and Doctor Who for the rest of the pad and World Expo. Fast and Furious for San Francisco.

You can then remove Beetlejuice and Horror Makeup Show since the monsters will have their own ride. Use both of those for new shows based on popular IPs. JAWS could return for the water park (SpongeBob and Minion Beach could be there potentially as well)

Monsters, Kong, BTTF, Jaws and Ghostbusters - all returning :p biggest pipe dream ever :lol:

But Shrek should be torn down, while Twister could just get an overlay (not much you can do with that space)