Future of Shrek Attraction | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Shrek Attraction

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

At Universal Orlando would you close Shrek 4-D?

• Yes

Votes: 65 64.4%
  • No

Votes: 13 12.9%
  • Update/New ride for Shrek franchise

Votes: 23 22.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Either the show from Universal Singapore or updated Ghostbusters for Twister
Once the new museum opens, put some Lucy memorabilia there and use it and Shrek for the family dark ride (could be Universal Monsters themed). Use the cul-de-sac idea for KidZone to bring in some suburban IPs alongside E.T. (Coraline, TMNT, Scooby-Doo, the new Pets movie, Curious George maybe?), use Hill Valley 2015 as a transition to the new sci-fi area of the park. Star Trek, MIB and Doctor Who for the rest of the pad and World Expo. Fast and Furious for San Francisco.

You can then remove Beetlejuice and Horror Makeup Show since the monsters will have their own ride. Use both of those for new shows based on popular IPs. JAWS could return for the water park (SpongeBob and Minion Beach could be there potentially as well)

Monsters, Kong, BTTF, Jaws and Ghostbusters - all returning :p biggest pipe dream ever :lol:

But Shrek should be torn down, while Twister could just get an overlay (not much you can do with that space)

Remove Horror Make Up Show? How dare you type that nonsense! :rofl:

I agree. I really wish there was a way to bring Monsters Cafe, Horror Make Up Show, Beetlejuice and a House of Horrors all together in one little mini-land.

My mistake :p But I do understand it's a compact show that's been there since opening day so I don't mind it staying. E.T., Animal Actors, Horror Makeup, T2, Twister and Animal Actors are really the last remnants of classic Universal. These 6 should stay and be upgraded, or in Twister's case, given some sort of overlay (Ghostbusters or the one in Singapore)

If Middle Earth doesn't go through, Transylvania would be a nice replacement for Toon Lagoon; basically bulldoze everything except Sweet Haven (retheme Sweet Haven to a creepy lagoon)... Monsters Cafe, an Invisible Man show similar to Alien Encounter, a Beetlejuice dark ride, Monsters E-ticket to replace Dudley, Wolfman or Creature From the Black Lagoon as a retheme of Popeye. You could even include Hotel Transylvania for kid appeal. I don't know if a Horror land would ever go through.

My mistake :p But I do understand it's a compact show that's been there since opening day so I don't mind it staying. E.T., Animal Actors, Horror Makeup, T2, Twister and Animal Actors are really the last remnants of classic Universal. These 6 should stay and be upgraded, or in Twister's case, given some sort of overlay (Ghostbusters or the one in Singapore)

If Middle Earth doesn't go through, Transylvania would be a nice replacement for Toon Lagoon; basically bulldoze everything except Sweet Haven (retheme Sweet Haven to a creepy lagoon)... Monsters Cafe, an Invisible Man show similar to Alien Encounter, a Beetlejuice dark ride, Monsters E-ticket to replace Dudley, Wolfman or Creature From the Black Lagoon as a retheme of Popeye. You could even include Hotel Transylvania for kid appeal. I don't know if a Horror land would ever go through.

not happening...

Read my last post, as I said, I do believe something will come, especially if they are able to create 1/2 of the success of marvel's cinematic universe. If they can make a dark and gritty universe (movies like christopher Nolan's Batman) and take their time (UNLIKE WARNER BROTHERS 9 MOVIES IN 2 YEARS FOR DC COMICS!!!! BAD IDEA!!!) I believe we will see something incredible. And a Universal monster themed area will come. But NOT to IOA. they don't belong there.

Mystery Plot at USO
FFL/MIB area ->said to become ministry of magic
or 3rd gate area

If they decide to make a monsters cinematic universe, (like the Marvel cinematic universe) then I'm sure we will see something in time.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=110409

It's already there in the form of an awesome tv show (Penny Dreadful) but I doubt that will make a great family ride with it's gore, nudity and sex. Not sure about the monster movies. I Frankenstein was a abomination (pun intended) like Van Helsing and all other classic monster movies from the last decade. Nowadays vampires have teenage problems and sparkling eyes and s**t.
I would love to see Universal doing a Great Movie Ride of their former hit movies but not like the wax museum ride Disney does but like Uni does it, putting you in the movie. Starting in black and white with Hunchback and Phantom, Tarzan, going in colour trough Broadway up until the newest movies. make it trackless and have 2 version, kids or adult. The program decides the intensity of the movies and the motion of the vehicle. Yes it's another movie screens ride but it's a movie studios, right.

Ha. Replace Twister with Ghostbusters, the exact thing that Twister replaced.

I agree though.

Irony galore :p but if Ghostbusters 3 ever comes out, it might very well happen. Can't picture any other IP going in the Twister spot except Wicked.

Isn't there a remastered 3D version coming out of the original ghostbusters as well?
A third ghostbusters would be awesome though I heard conflicting reports about it.

Monsters cafe/Horror Make Up aren't going anywhere anytime soon, I can tell you that...They are both themed upon what Universal was created on, and that is the classic "Universal Monsters". These 2 venues make up too much of Universal's history, and they mean way too much to UO and their staff to demolish them.
I say level the Shrek building (Queue, theaters, and shop) and create a family dark ride of some sort...
Oh yeah, and let's not talk about a Despicable Me play area...it's not going to happen (Atleast I hope it isn't...:bonk:)

Watching Shrek 2 right now. Such a funny movie. There's just so much more Universal could do with Shrek. It's a wealth of humor & potential.

As I stated in the past, I hope UC is considering to move Shrek to the Third Gate; as I think there is so much potential that you can do for the IP. Both Shrek and Shrek 2 have so much that you can pull, that I hope that they can go into and that it would make sense to do so.

That way too, it allows them to finally rework USF's park entrance to make it much more spacious and accommodating; but hey, that's my opinion.

So many missed opportunities for Shrek in this space. Updates, seasonal layovers, etc. but NOTHING. It seems like the easiest thing to do but Disney is actually a lot better at keeping their screen-based attractions updated lately than even Universal.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
So many missed opportunities for Shrek in this space. Updates, seasonal layovers, etc. but NOTHING. It seems like the easiest thing to do but Disney is actually a lot better at keeping their screen-based attractions updated lately than even Universal.

Personally speaking, I am still shocked that Simpsons and Despicable Me hasn't even gotten anything for the Halloween Season (as its begging to be done when you think about it); and its not like they don't have something for the holidays on Shrek. Hell, they could if they wanted to play the seasonal short films they have had in the past and that would be justifiable, but I digress.

Reactions: Mad Dog
As I stated in the past, I hope UC is considering to move Shrek to the Third Gate; as I think there is so much potential that you can do for the IP. Both Shrek and Shrek 2 have so much that you can pull, that I hope that they can go into and that it would make sense to do so.

That way too, it allows them to finally rework USF's park entrance to make it much more spacious and accommodating; but hey, that's my opinion.
All good points. Since they'll(Universal/Dreamworks) will be rebooting Shrek, I'd guess that there will be a Far Far Away land in the third park. It will be interesting to see what they come up with.......(Note: The ride was running the best we've experienced in years when we went in May. All the effects operated like they were new. )(The Donkey M&G has to be one of the most humorous events in any theme park. Whenever I'm walking by, and it's running, I just have to stop & listen for 10 or 15 minutes, it's that good)

Last edited:
Level it for SLoP and make the new entrance "Illumination Lane." Go all Springfield on the Despicable Me facade and make the area more spacious. Que someone with mad photoshop/Google maps skills to see how big the area for SLoP is in Hollywood and how we could pull this off at the front of USF.

Level it for SLoP and make the new entrance "Illumination Lane." Go all Springfield on the Despicable Me facade and make the area more spacious. Que someone with mad photoshop/Google maps skills to see how big the area for SLoP is in Hollywood and how we could pull this off at the front of USF.
Shrek is .76 acres where as Hollywoods SS28 (before it was demoed) was about .66 acres.

Personally, I would rather want to see Shrek and HK/Betty kicked out altogether for a brand new entrance plaza, one similar to Universal Plaza from USH but hey; that's just me.

Honestly, I'd prefer Shrek and DM's buildings get demolished entirely, making for a huge central plaza, then DM, Minions, and Pets get whole new attractions in KidZone. (changing THAT into "Illumination Land") I know Nintendo is going there but I honestly think that'd be better in a third park, thematically.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Honestly, I'd prefer Shrek and DM's buildings get demolished entirely, making for a huge central plaza, then DM, Minions, and Pets get whole new attractions in KidZone. (changing THAT into "Illumination Land") I know Nintendo is going there but I honestly think that'd be better in a third park, thematically.
1. They're not moving DM.
2. Third park = longer wait. No :)