Future of Toon Lagoon | Page 64 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Toon Lagoon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Everytime I see this thread light up, I just have to pop in and be the guy to see that I would be heartbroken if TL went away.

Like others have said, when it happens, they really just need to reskin the rides and keep them as is.

I know this isn’t likely what’d they do as this theatre is probably gone whenever TL goes but.......

I understand they make $$$ of the cheerleading comps, but wouldn’t they hypothetically make more if this was a massive sitdown restaurant? I feel this side of IOA needs a proper sitdown. I know demo and new build ruin this idea cause of cost but, as a hypothetical it’s in a great spot to make a scenic restaurant design.

I know this isn’t likely what’d they do as this theatre is probably gone whenever TL goes but.......

I understand they make $$$ of the cheerleading comps, but wouldn’t they hypothetically make more if this was a massive sitdown restaurant? I feel this side of IOA needs a proper sitdown. I know demo and new build ruin this idea cause of cost but, as a hypothetical it’s in a great spot to make a scenic restaurant design.

Ideally, I'd have MSHI expanded out to that area with something new. I'd actually go for a whole modern redesign of MSHI.

For a sit down restaurant, I'd go high end and stick a Winston's Steakhouse in Jurassic Park/World if they ever feel the need to upgrade JPRA and finish updating the area.

As for Toon Lagoon, I don't know what I'd do. I think the whole area needs redone.

Popeye's is the greatest version of a river rapids ride and I'd be sad to see it go. Dudley's is in bad shape theming wise but the barebones of the ride is fantastic.

Ideally, I'd have MSHI expanded out to that area with something new. I'd actually go for a whole modern redesign of MSHI.

For a sit down restaurant, I'd go high end and stick a Winston's Steakhouse in Jurassic Park/World if they ever feel the need to upgrade JPRA and finish updating the area.

As for Toon Lagoon, I don't know what I'd do. I think the whole area needs redone.

Popeye's is the greatest version of a river rapids ride and I'd be sad to see it go. Dudley's is in bad shape theming wise but the barebones of the ride is fantastic.
I love that steakhouse idea!!!

Agreed it should go to Marvel, a Marvel stunt show with Bourne Tech to me writes itself.

Reactions: natespf
Waiting for something to finally be done with that theater. Hell, they could probably fit a whole new land there if they wanted to.

Not sure this was discussed before, but since Six Flag’s rights of the WB IP’s will be be expired several years from now if they’re not renew, could they go with Looney Tunes to retheme Toon Lagoon like what Universal originally wanted?

Not sure this was discussed before, but since Six Flag’s rights of the WB IP’s will be be expired several years from now if they’re not renew, could they go with Looney Tunes to retheme Toon Lagoon like what Universal originally wanted?
I would really rather they not. Though evergreen, the Looney Tunes sit in this weird spot between “niche” and “relevant”; I think you’d have a hard time convincing R&D that they’d last a long time without people asking, “why are these characters here?”

Dudley Do-Right doesn’t need to be relevant because people are just happy to have a flume ride, and Popeye will live forever, basically; he’s the IP version of a genericized trademark, like Kleenex or Band-Aid.

I’ve said this before, but if you wanna revamp Toon Lagoon, my advice would be Cuphead (a character for which Hearst currently has the entertainment rights), the Defenders of the Earth (The Phantom, Mandrake the Magician, and Flash Gordon), or both. The latter three are severely underused in that land, and the other could be Colbert-bumped by the addition of a theme park attraction.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95