Future of Toon Lagoon | Page 62 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Toon Lagoon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm trying a little experiment (mostly in regards to the idea of using The Musical as a replacement for Blue Man Group). The girls are over tonight, ages 7 and 8, and they're 'huge' Sponge Bob fans. I'm seeing how long it holds their attention. After about 3 minutes they told me they didn't like it and wanted the channel changed.
I haven’t seen this but any musical needs to be seen live and I feel especially this one needs to be seen live to have the illusion of the actors work.

Spongebob is still watched by kids though, I’d imagine Viacom can see the success with Warner and Harry, I’m not sure why they wouldn’t want to outsource the Sponge for something like this especially if a land got so far in design. Indoor Sponge land at IOA checks off several boxes. I don’t see why they wouldn’t do this if they could

Does anyone know what's the name of the song in Toon Lagoon? It says something like "after all, after all", and stuff like that.

I think most of the songs are the themes from the animated versions of the King Features comics represented in the land.

Does anyone know what's the name of the song in Toon Lagoon? It says something like "after all, after all", and stuff like that.

King's Row features multiple different tracks playing in sync with each other over the base instrumental track. The overlays that I know exist are Betty Boop, Hagar (the "after all" track), Dagwood, and Blondie singing, a trumpet at the Beetle Bailey entrance of Toon Extra, and dogs barking at the fire hydrant. A source track titled "Comic Strip Lane" was released in the IOA Background Music Soundtrack Sampler album, with most of these overlays present sans Blondie & Dagwood. The full loop is ~10 minutes long.

King's Row features multiple different tracks playing in sync with each other over the base instrumental track. The overlays that I know exist are Betty Boop, Hagar (the "after all" track), Dagwood, and Blondie singing, a trumpet at the Beetle Bailey entrance of Toon Extra, and dogs barking at the fire hydrant. A source track titled "Comic Strip Lane" was released in the IOA Background Music Soundtrack Sampler album, with most of these overlays present sans Blondie & Dagwood. The full loop is ~10 minutes long.

Where is this 10-minute loop? It seems there's only a 1 minute YT clip of this, with the rest missing as described in the video I posted.

Where is this 10-minute loop? It seems there's only a 1 minute YT clip of this, with the rest missing as described in the video I posted.
Unlike the loops for Sweethaven, the area around Ripsaw Falls, and the Cartoon Circus area, King's Row has not been recorded and publicly uploaded. Even if it were, it would likely only be the instrumental track, since all of the overlays are played from speakers in the buildings that are inaccessible to guests.

It's different variations on this song, but with different dubbed vocals depending on which characters you're in front of

Also, I'm making this function as an IOA Soundtrack appreciation post

This plays by the entrance of Ripsaw Falls and not in King's Row, but it is still very good music.

Reactions: Alicia
Regarding the future for Toon Lagoon, I think it would be a fantastic location for a Hobbit/Shire re-theme (IF Universal was ever able to secure the IP rights). Geographically, I could easily see a Shire focused land where Popeyes presently sits. Imagine the existing raft ride being reused/themed to a Huckleberry Ferry tour around them Shire. And imagine if you could get two rides in one! For families, you could opt for the Shire Ferry tour, utilizing the existing Popeyes ride loop. Or, for those who want a more thrilling “E” ticket ride, connecting the Popeyes track to the Dudleys track. It could be a retelling of the Hobbit narrated by Bilbo. Using a combination of practical sets, animatronics and screens. Ripsaw Falls could be converted into a Misty Mountain/Lonely Mountain show building where the majority of the retelling takes place. It could become like the equivalent to Splash Mountain for IOA.
Edit- They could also utilize the Wizarding World model. Placing the Hobbit in IOA, and a Lord of the Rings land in Epic Universe. One can dream!

I’d be happy if they at least fixed up the grisly broken arm/baby animatronics on Popeye.
Same, the "spinach fountain" has been broken for months now. The armless Swee'Pea figure looks really bad, so I hope it gets fixed soon.

Also, did they ever add back the water tower/hanging Bluto figure at the end of the ride? That's been missing for a while too.

Same, the "spinach fountain" has been broken for months now. The armless Swee'Pea figure looks really bad, so I hope it gets fixed soon.

Also, did they ever add back the water tower/hanging Bluto figure at the end of the ride? That's been missing for a while too.

Not on my last visit. I wondered what was going on because you see the punch windup, and then hear a sort of whistle and “THONK!” that assumes that he hit something, but as of now you can’t see what he “hit”.

I've noticed a lot of the water effects have been turned off. Is this because of hospitals?

So in reading a thread on this new, terrible Popeye game I found out the copyright for the characters is up in 2024. I wonder if anything will happen to the ride/section of the park or could it seal the deal to keep it longer? Some food for thought.
In theory they could re-skin the entire area and it would be fine

The two water rides are really the best of their kind

I'm always pro leaving TL alone for a very long time

Reactions: Cheezbat