General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride | Page 67 | Inside Universal Forums

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I know it’s at the waterfall at the end but I’m saying space for the running T. rex in the waterfall where ithe old one was
Are you referring to the new I-Rex? Because there isn't a new T-Rex AA, the one we've had (with slight modifications over the years) since 1996 is still there. Only new addition to the finale, at least to my knowledge, is the new I-Rex AA, which does in fact have a similar motion profile to the T-Rex AA I shared above from Animax. The recently fabricated Animax Designs figures (including the T-Rex above) were sent to the JW exhibition over in China.

Last edited:
Are you referring to the new I-Rex? Because there isn't a new T-Rex AA, the one we've had (with slight modifications over the years) since 1996 is still there. Only new addition to the finale, at least to my knowledge, is the new I-Rex AA, which does in fact have a similar motion profile to the T-Rex AA I shared above from Animax. The recently fabricated Animax Designs figures (including the T-Rex above) were sent to the JW exhibition over in China.
I assumed the new I-Rex to your left would charge I mean the normal T rex behind the water fall..mainly its the wording on the website that makes you think both will be charging but like i ask and most point out the space isn't there for both to do so.

Reactions: Theme Vision
I assumed the new I-Rex to your left would charge I mean the normal T rex behind the water fall..mainly its the wording on the website that makes you think both will be charging but like i ask and most point out the space isn't there for both to do so.
I see. From the footage we saw last summer, the I-Rex is indeed there with the full motion profile (moving legs too), while the original T-Rex remained in its place. The AAs get very close to each other, so it looks like they're attacking one another.

I see. From the footage we saw last summer, the I-Rex is indeed there with the full motion profile (moving legs too), while the original T-Rex remained in its place. The AAs get very close to each other, so it looks like they're attacking one another.
Nice, well I'm looking forward to seeing it my self in the next month or two.

To be clear, I am under the impression that the T-Rex that debuted with Jurassic World is indeed a new animatronic figure. However, the one we've been seeing is the one we're getting - it'll just have a modified profile for when it takes on the I-Rex.

When the ride reopens, we will presumably see the complete, full-body I-Rex at the climax. The head may or may not have been moved to another "dead space" portion of the ride.

I'll still be about halfway through my second dose by the time it opens, but I'm really stoked. Especially since it seems there's a new press photo going around as shared by the IU twitter.

Come to think of it, I don't think we ever got a poster for the ride like the other ones back when it opened. o_O

To be clear, I am under the impression that the T-Rex that debuted with Jurassic World is indeed a new animatronic figure. However, the one we've been seeing is the one we're getting - it'll just have a modified profile for when it takes on the I-Rex.
This. The current T-Rex we have, is a heavily modified version of the 1996 T-Rex. Regardless, we will see what this looks like on the 16th (or 15th if you’re an AP)!

Reactions: alias8703
This. The current T-Rex we have, is a heavily modified version of the 1996 T-Rex. Regardless, we will see what this looks like on the 16th (or 15th if you’re an AP)!

Hopefully I can go. If not, I guess I'm gonna have to avoid spoilers for the finale until the 24th. XD

Man, it's gonna be hard not watching a POV of the new finale. Hopefully, by June I'll be fully vaccinated and can go with some friends.
I feel ya. I'll be getting my second dose on the 10th, and I'll have to think through going on the 15th since it'll have been less than a week since getting it.

tenor.gif

That is a really strong line up of new stuff for repening!

This caught my attention from the press release:
Breaking new ground with highly complex innovations, this fully-articulated lifelike Indominus injects intense new thrills, excitement, and intrigue to the already dynamic ride. Spanning nearly 55 feet horizontally from head to tail and over 22 feet vertically, the Indominus’ imposing presence will be amplified by the fluidity of her motions and synchronized movements that deliver an unprecedented level of authenticity. From the subtle blinking of her eyes, the flexing of her arms and claws, and clenching of her jaw as she bears her razor-sharp teeth, the colossal Indominus rex will lunge from her hillside setting, stalking guests just before they descend the giant waterfall drop to escape her grasp.

Last edited:
Man, I absolutely cannot wait. Has the Beijing Indo's size been stated anywhere? Cause nearly 55 feet horizontally sounds colossal indeed. I wonder how it'll move within the space it has.

I haven't seen anything re size but i'd imagine it will be the same.
Either way it's a HUGE animatronic!

Like you guys I am so psyched to get back to USH and ride this, sadly I have to wait until August!
:'(