Godzilla Ride? | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Godzilla Ride?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A successful Godzilla ride demands an almost completely physical experience. I'm talking buildings falling down, giant AA's and such...

I think the ideal ride would make use of a non 3D spiderman ride system, With a roof over the vehicle to further force perspective (And save money building sets).

The ride would start with the final mission from the movie. Maybe it could start off with a simulated skydive... Include moving the nuke and torching the(mutos)babies. Perhaps there would be some sort of interactive element on the ride vehicle with a radar screen. We get a big giant moment where were in the crater and the mission is successful. Lots of fire, The Female Mutos makes a big appearance and we get to go through the city dodging exploding stuff and toppling buildings. We can have a moment where we almost get crushed by a Giant Godzilla foot. They could tilt the ride vehicle upward and use a projected effect in fog to create a silhouette much like the movie. We turn around and run through the legs of the terrifying female mutos. We only get to see the body and the legs moving all around us. We head toward the ocean, Send the nuke off and make for shelter as off in the distance we see the mutos being dismembered by Godzilla and a building toppling on top of him.

End of the ride could be a giant animatronic Godzilla head looking dead then suddenly animating and getting up... Then we go into a tunnel and hear a load roar, and then we arrive in the station to a standing ovation.

A successful Godzilla ride demands an almost completely physical experience. I'm talking buildings falling down, giant AA's and such...

I think the ideal ride would make use of a non 3D spiderman ride system, With a roof over the vehicle to further force perspective (And save money building sets).

The ride would start with the final mission from the movie. Maybe it could start off with a simulated skydive... Include moving the nuke and torching the(mutos)babies. Perhaps there would be some sort of interactive element on the ride vehicle with a radar screen. We get a big giant moment where were in the crater and the mission is successful. Lots of fire, The Female Mutos makes a big appearance and we get to go through the city dodging exploding stuff and toppling buildings. We can have a moment where we almost get crushed by a Giant Godzilla foot. They could tilt the ride vehicle upward and use a projected effect in fog to create a silhouette much like the movie. We turn around and run through the legs of the terrifying female mutos. We only get to see the body and the legs moving all around us. We head toward the ocean, Send the nuke off and make for shelter as off in the distance we see the mutos being dismembered by Godzilla and a building toppling on top of him.

End of the ride could be a giant animatronic Godzilla head looking dead then suddenly animating and getting up... Then we go into a tunnel and hear a load roar, and then we arrive in the station to a standing ovation.

This is perfect.

^oh, you mean "bench rides"?? No! Universal wouldnt dare do that! Dont you know they only cater to the posters on this site and would never try to replicate Disneys success...they dont want to attract more families they just want to please Orlando United's most vocal posters :lol:

I have a great idea....

universal should replicate Disney Success

Hopefully one day... If we all believe... Universal can look like this

strollertag.gif

parking-for-strollers-9430.jpg

strollers-at-disney.jpg

Seriously tho. If we are getting a Kong ride with full AA's different than that of hollywood, I dont mind us getting a godzilla 3D 360. there isnt another ride like that in the park

Yes, there is more 3d and the ratio is becoming skewed
yes AA's and a new ride system will be better

However, the point of 3d is to tell better stories you cant tell with AA's - Yet(i) (Get it?)
And also it would bring a new ride experience many of us are unfamiliar with because we have not experienced the one in Hollywood. So IMO, I wouldnt mind having a 360 godzilla attraction.

I PREFER a new ride experience, godzilla taking over MIB, maybe still make it a shooter and you must shoot the MUTOS.

Or a mystic manor type of ride where you are inside the power plant in japan and the baby mutos have invaded. You are outside for a scene and you see godzilla in the distance fighting the bigger ones. Then there is a scene where mutts are everywhere, it goes dark and they drop some water on you and put the music in the sound in the chairs as though the mutos are in the vehicle. End scene is godzilla's head breathing blue fire on you in order to kill the mutts. (great chance to implement fire barrier Universal has) 2nd to Last scene which would be sick is you next to the ocean, with godzillas head sort popping out, end scene is godzilla leaving in the distance.

Time to use your imagination!

2nd to last endscene would be like this godzilla saying goodbye, AA head gets close to the vehicle

874173b0977c7685.jpg

End scene is godzilla going away (opposite direction)

article-0-1BD39CE900000578-258_634x337.jpg

Then on the intercom "you did it team, you saved the day!"

YAY, we all cheer.

End

Last edited:
Reactions: Jenstar
I'm thinking of... What if they put a ride vehicle similar to the ones from DINOSAUR and put them on KUKA arms... Thus allowing the vehicle to move up and down through show scenes. Some elements would be below, and some element higher, so that not every ride through would be the same. I'll explain this idea in more depth when I post the concept art I'm working on next week or so.

I'm thinking of... What if they put a ride vehicle similar to the ones from DINOSAUR and put them on KUKA arms... Thus allowing the vehicle to move up and down through show scenes. Some elements would be below, and some element higher, so that not every ride through would be the same. I'll explain this idea in more depth when I post the concept art I'm working on next week or so.

Too clunky of a ride vehicle IMO. better if they can do it with a 2 row cart.

I have a great idea....

universal should replicate Disney Success

Hopefully one day... If we all believe... Universal can look like this

strollertag.gif

parking-for-strollers-9430.jpg

strollers-at-disney.jpg

Seriously tho. If we are getting a Kong ride with full AA's different than that of hollywood, I dont mind us getting a godzilla 3D 360. there isnt another ride like that in the park

Yes, there is more 3d and the ratio is becoming skewed
yes AA's and a new ride system will be better

However, the point of 3d is to tell better stories you cant tell with AA's - Yet(i) (Get it?)
And also it would bring a new ride experience many of us are unfamiliar with because we have not experienced the one in Hollywood. So IMO, I wouldnt mind having a 360 godzilla attraction.

I PREFER a new ride experience, godzilla taking over MIB, maybe still make it a shooter and you must shoot the MUTOS.

Or a mystic manor type of ride where you are inside the power plant in japan and the baby mutos have invaded. You are outside for a scene and you see godzilla in the distance fighting the bigger ones. Then there is a scene where mutts are everywhere, it goes dark and they drop some water on you and put the music in the sound in the chairs as though the mutos are in the vehicle. End scene is godzilla's head breathing blue fire on you in order to kill the mutts. (great chance to implement fire barrier Universal has) 2nd to Last scene which would be sick is you next to the ocean, with godzillas head sort popping out, end scene is godzilla leaving in the distance.

Time to use your imagination!

2nd to last endscene would be like this godzilla saying goodbye, AA head gets close to the vehicle

874173b0977c7685.jpg

End scene is godzilla going away (opposite direction)

article-0-1BD39CE900000578-258_634x337.jpg

Then on the intercom "you did it team, you saved the day!"

YAY, we all cheer.

End

I think he means all-ages rides like POTC, HM, Spaceship Earth, GMR, Jungle Cruise, Kilimanjaro Safaris, etc. :thumbs:

I say a Dinosaur type ride system, but a bit bigger and a little less intense to allow for a lower height restriction...AND put a "tour-guide" in the front of the car with a guest as a copilot. BAM. Taking this idea straight to UC:whoo:

- - - Updated - - -

Btw don't compare Universal to Disney. Universal has had much more success over the last 5 years than Dinsey BY FAR. Their ride designs are better, their detail is better. Universal wins.

I say a Dinosaur type ride system, but a bit bigger and a little less intense to allow for a lower height restriction...AND put a "tour-guide" in the front of the car with a guest as a copilot. BAM. Taking this idea straight to UC:whoo:

- - - Updated - - -

Btw don't compare Universal to Disney. Universal has had much more success over the last 5 years than Dinsey BY FAR. Their ride designs are better, their detail is better. Universal wins.

Yikes. We need a name for Universal's version of Pixie Dusters I think.

I know this doesn't mean anything, but I thought it was funny that when I asked some TM's today about Godzilla replacing DISASTER! They said they heard rumblings about it being looked into. Again, I know it means nothing, but I just thought it was funny.

- - - Updated - - -

Wasnt comparing the two. You cant. That was the point of the strollers. Universal has had RELATIVELY more success due to their size and growth. Once you have 60M+ people coming to Magic Kingdom a year, its very hard to grow. Also, if you asked the parents with little kids, they will tell you that they feel Disney has done a better job because its geared towards adults with kids. Cant compare the two. however, in the years to come when Universal becomes more family oriented, then I can see Uni really taking some share

Wasnt comparing the two. You cant. That was the point of the strollers. Universal has had RELATIVELY more success due to their size and growth. Once you have 60M+ people coming to Magic Kingdom a year, its very hard to grow. Also, if you asked the parents with little kids, they will tell you that they feel Disney has done a better job because its geared towards adults with kids. Cant compare the two. however, in the years to come when Universal becomes more family oriented, then I can see Uni really taking some share

MK has 17 million visitors :lol: 47 million visit WDW in total... so taking park-hoppers into account, MAYBE 25 million.

I know this doesn't mean anything, but I thought it was funny that when I asked some TM's today about Godzilla replacing DISASTER! They said they heard rumblings about it being looked into. Again, I know it means nothing, but I just thought it was funny.

I'll Take it with a grain of salt as TMS might not be most knowing of every secret in USO.

When I went to see the Godzilla movie on Friday the first thing that came to my mind in the scene with the elevated train was "this should totally be part of a Disaster replacement" :lol: