Godzilla Ride? | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Godzilla Ride?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't think that Universal really has any "Uni can do no wrong!!" fanboys in the same way Disney does.

Personally, I still think USF and IOA have a little ways to go before the parks are DisneySea-level. They're both great, but there's always room for improvement! :thumbs:

I don't think that Universal really has any "Uni can do no wrong!!" fanboys in the same way Disney does.

Personally, I still think USF and IOA have a little ways to go before the parks are DisneySea-level. They're both great, but there's always room for improvement! :thumbs:
You'd be surprised man, there are some real and I mean REAL fanboys on universals side. Some are almost as annoying as the pixie dusters

You'd be surprised man, there are some real and I mean REAL fanboys on universals side. Some are almost as annoying as the pixie dusters

Really, every group has their rabid fanboys... but Disney World's is far worse when you consider their output over the last 15 years :lol:

But I agree that Universal fans can be a bit rose-tinted... KidZone, the front half of Toon Lagoon, current Lost Continent, Seuss Trolley, Trikes plot, Discovery Center (a little dated, and takes up way too much space for just exhibits... give me a dark ride!), lack of family coasters and family dark rides... Universal's got problems and they do need to be pointed out to some degree.

Wand strokers must be put to rest :rofl: :p

Really, every group has their rabid fanboys... but Disney World's is far worse when you consider their output over the last 15 years :lol:

But I agree that Universal fans can be a bit rose-tinted... KidZone, the front half of Toon Lagoon, current Lost Continent, Seuss Trolley, Trikes plot, Discovery Center (a little dated, and takes up way too much space for just exhibits... give me a dark ride!), lack of family coasters and family dark rides... Universal's got problems and they do need to be pointed out to some degree.

Disney fanboys are a lot more unreasonable but universal fanboys are just brutal. Almost every post they make ends with "meanwhile at Disney". Yeah we all know Disney is lacking nowadays but man y'all harsh :lol:

Disney fanboys are a lot more unreasonable but universal fanboys are just brutal. Almost every post they make ends with "meanwhile at Disney". Yeah we all know Disney is lacking nowadays but man y'all harsh :lol:

Eh, I think that comes from years of when Universal really was lacking and Disney was growing. Now that the tides have turned, I think Universal fans can rub Disney's lack of everything in their faces a bit. Hell, they've been doing it to us for quite awhile.

Eh, I think that comes from years of when Universal really was lacking and Disney was growing. Now that the tides have turned, I think Universal fans can rub Disney's lack of everything in their faces a bit. Hell, they've been doing it to us for quite awhile.

In that case yeah but I prefer to have no conflict when talking about theme parks in the first place. Anyways back to GODZIRRAH!!! With the partner of legendary and universal specifically talking about the parks. Could Godzilla come sooner than we thought?

The mockery is well-deserved :lol: But I'll give them credit for Test Track and Everest - both solid, fun E-tickets. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train looks like a fun family coaster once the lines dwindle to 30-45 minute waits. But Soarin' and Toy Story Midway Mania are pretty lacking as far as theming goes - and the waits for both are just plain ridiculous (120-180 minute waits non-stop during peak seasons). Little Mermaid has an amazing facade, but the ride is pretty bland.

And as said by UniversalFreak, Disney fans did pretty much mock Universal as second-tier for a good long time (really up to June 2010, when WWOHP opened). Now the tides have turned... can't blame the fanboys for not being so nice. Of course, the middle ground is never an option :happy: :p

Toy Story Midway Mania has to be the worst ride Ive ever done, or at least top 5 worst rides....Waited an hour and a half to play the same kind of arcade games you can play at Uni for a prize but in a screen..... :fist:

In that case yeah but I prefer to have no conflict when talking about theme parks in the first place.

And as said by UniversalFreak, Disney fans did pretty much mock Universal as second-tier for a good long time (really up to June 2010, when WWOHP opened). Now the tides have turned... can't blame the fanboys for not being so nice. Of course, the middle ground is never an option :happy: :p

When I first went to Orlando, I was 10 years old and you can sure that I was a bit of a Universal fanboy (hence the username that I made on IOACentral and also used here). I hated Disney and used to often mock the Pixie Dusters. Since I'm much older now, I won't say that I am a Universal fanboy, though I still enjoy Universal way, way more than Disney. I understand that Universal, at least right now, cannot be a destination for everyone, because it really doesn't have what families with little kids need. It's still a teenage/young adult/adult park, especially for thrill seekers.

I think there is a middle ground, even if it's slightly tilted to one side. You can love Universal but also appreciate Disney for those handful of attractions you enjoy, at least to me it's only a handful. My problem is with those Pixie Duster fans. The fans who say completely off the wall things because their head is so far up Mickey's you know what. Things like how Universal doesn't care about customer service or creating quality attractions. Things like that make my 10 year old Universal fanboy lose his mind...and he might react a bit :p

But yes, :focus:, though I'm not sure there's much left to discuss lol.

I don't think Universal lacks family rides as much as it lacks stuff for really young kids. Their rides are more intense compared to your average Disney ride, but that is what makes Universal unique and it is what their calling card is. You're right on most of the other things though. Once Diagon opens they need to focus fixing up IOA and not just Kong. They need to do something about Lost Continent and that god awful walk between MSHI and Toon Lagoon.

The problem with Godzilla will geting Toho on board. Once he gets on board, its a go but until then, long chance however still a better chance than a lot of other IPs.

I don't think Universal lacks family rides as much as it lacks stuff for really young kids. Their rides are more intense compared to your average Disney ride, but that is what makes Universal unique and it is what their calling card is. You're right on most of the other things though. Once Diagon opens they need to focus fixing up IOA and not just Kong. They need to do something about Lost Continent and that god awful walk between MSHI and Toon Lagoon.

You mean they need to do something about that god awful walk between MSHI and JP :p

I'm like a stripper with a child. My heart belongs to the kid(universal)but my body is community property(any other park). Is toho really that hard to convince for a theme park ride? They let Americans make a godzilla movie I don't see the problem

I do agree that they have a few family-friendly rides (Spidey and Popeye), but the rest aren't something a little kid would usually clamor to do :lol: but really if you're under 42", you're not going to ride that much at IOA. and there's also adults who either don't like thrill rides or can't ride them, but love the theming. A few all-ages dark rides wouldn't hurt IOA's bottom line.

But I definitely think the park lacks enough attractions that everyone can do together. IOA could use its own POTC, its own HM, its own Big Thunder, its own Space, etc. Right now, there's 3 truly family-friendly rides (not just kiddie, but not just teen/adult) - Spidey, Popeye, and Cat. The rest either have high height requirements or wouldn't exactly entice a 5-6 yr old to go on (looking at JPRA)

A family dark ride and show in the front area of Toon Lagoon (potentially a unique flat, too)
Kong E-ticket between Toon and JP
A family coaster and Discovery Center dark ride for JP
Wonka replacing Lost Continent (the glass elevator E-ticket and chocolate factory family boat ride had me sold... better than what's there currently)
Seuss getting a much-needed expansion (plot next to Cat and maybe a couple repossessed soundstages from USF - Lorax dark ride, Grinch "big boy ride". and yearround show)

IOA shouldn't focus on primarily thrills, just like MK shouldn't focus on primarily kids. MK needs some E-tickets and thrill rides (immersively themed, of course) while IOA needs some more family attractions to start developing that nostalgia with its young guests. Both would do well to balance their parks out to provide an enjoyable experience for everyone.

But... :focus: Toho would be doing itself a favor by letting Godzilla get an attraction. Seriously, aside from the Godzilla film this year, what have they even done substantially with the IP since 1998?

More importantly, these two attractions need to be reworked...
Cat and Seuss Trolley. Both need some hefty upgrades and tinkering so Cat can be all-ages again (36" for a dark ride that would have no height requirement at Disney is just sad... rework the scenes so spinning isn't necessary to take in the story) and Seuss Trolley can go back to a 34" height requirement. It just shouldn't have the same height requirement as Spidey :lol: