Grand Theft Auto VI | Inside Universal Forums

Grand Theft Auto VI

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Dec 29, 2022
So it seems after years of speculation, rumors and leaks, we're finally getting an official announcement/trailer for GTA 6 in the coming weeks!!!

• Wow
Reactions: GA-MBIT
So it seems after years of speculation, rumors and leaks, we're finally getting an official announcement/trailer for GTA 6 in the coming weeks!!!

doubt-press-x.gif

• Angry
Reactions: saint.piss
It is pretty insane how long it's been between these major releases. I don't anticipate GTA6, Elder Scrolls 6, etc until the latter half of the decade.

• Angry
Reactions: saint.piss
It is pretty insane how long it's been between these major releases. I don't anticipate GTA6, Elder Scrolls 6, etc until the latter half of the decade.
GTAVI has been expected to be either released in Late 2024 or sometime in 2025. Covid has messed with stuff but as it stands, GTAVI is coming quicker than one would expect.

I didn't get into the last game

I hope at least the online pulls me in this time

I'm sure from a technical level this game is going to be insane

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
I'm saying the hype is so high and it will have been over a decade by the time it releases, so it HAS to be at a really high level to justify that wait. I'm not saying it will be bad, just that it will be hard to live up to GTA V. But obviously yes, many will love a new GTA game they can play for the next decade no matter what.

All i'm saying is some of Rockstar's money grabbing practices over the past 2-3 years since this gen began give me some pause.

Honestly, that seems to be the trend of late. I think monster expectations are going to kill this game before it even gets a proper shot. Anything following GTAV after this much of a wait has a lot to live up to. It's like the next Elder Scrolls or Mario Kart. After over a decade of anticipation, I wonder if people are actually ready for a new game, and for it to have flaws and to stumble in places and to not call it the worst disappointment of all time.

Honestly, that seems to be the trend of late. I think monster expectations are going to kill this game before it even gets a proper shot. Anything following GTAV after this much of a wait has a lot to live up to. It's like the next Elder Scrolls or Mario Kart. After over a decade of anticipation, I wonder if people are actually ready for a new game, and for it to have flaws and to stumble in places and to not call it the worst disappointment of all time.
Yeah, I think you're getting to some of the deeper things. People have been playing a game that's been a fairly well oiled engine for awhile now. Are people ready for this game to launch and for it to potentially have the hype of Cyberpunk 2077 (only way higher) only for it to potentially have a ton of bugs early days? Or, something that's actually imo pretty likely no matter how much Rockstar prepares, which is for their servers to excessively go down on launch for Online due to such high demand.

Sorry for raining on everyone's parade. I just thought it was a little obvious that there was a high chance of letdown on a game people have been waiting for for so long. There's also a good chance that the game is great. GTA is to video games though what Taylor Swift is to music historically, meaning they tend to innovate and set industry trends and make all of the money. It'll be interesting to finally get a taste of what Rockstar has come up with for GTA VI when we see this trailer.

It needs to be an actual finished product when it's released. Servers crashing because of extreme demand is one thing but it can't be a buggy mess. That's the biggest thing.

Rockstar has proven several times over that they'll bring the goods in terms of fun gameplay and a compelling story so those things I wouldn't really worry about it, IMO.

Reactions: Nick and saint.piss
It needs to be an actual finished product when it's released. Servers crashing because of extreme demand is one thing but it can't be a buggy mess. That's the biggest thing.

Rockstar has proven several times over that they'll bring the goods in terms of fun gameplay and a compelling story so those things I wouldn't really worry about it, IMO.
Yeah, it took Cyberpunk a long time to overcome it's launch and they lost out on some people who otherwise would've bought the game due to the talks around the game at the time. People buying the game won't be an issue for Rockstar, but it just needs to be polished and work as expected. It's been 10 years already, we can keep waiting until the game is fully ready rather than launching a half-baked product and then patching it on the fly.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95