Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 114 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Since theres already been execs riding it, I can't imagine they'd put this off much longer. I agree, they are going to want to do as much softs as possible before Grand Opening.

Since theres already been execs riding it, I can't imagine they'd put this off much longer. I agree, they are going to want to do as much softs as possible before Grand Opening.

Easter is done by April 19,th. That's six weeks out from Memorial. Someone said to me earlier softs started with rat about seven weeks out with public in the last 2-3 weeks. I think six weeks would be wise for a ride of that size to get dialled in

Easter is done by April 19,th. That's six weeks out from Memorial. Someone said to me earlier softs started with rat about seven weeks out with public in the last 2-3 weeks. I think six weeks would be wise for a ride of that size to get dialled in

I agree, that sounds about right.

Given that the entire Universe of Energy building is just queue, load/unload, and a brief show scene leading into the launch (supposedly), it should be able to hold a lot of people.

If it doesn't, it's wasting space.

I'm guessing that they'll use Lightning Lane heavily but price it at $25-30/person.

The expectation is that this launches with Virtual Queue and gets ff of it when its running reliably enough to not be of concern, similar to Rat.

I'd be shocked to see general public previews; I dont believe we've had one since TSL, and even that was one day.

The expectation is that this launches with Virtual Queue and gets ff of it when its running reliably enough to not be of concern, similar to Rat.

I'd be shocked to see general public previews; I dont believe we've had one since TSL, and even that was one day.
And TSL only had one day of previews. The last thing that they made a real point of doing previews for whether for AP and DVC or just general public was Pandora.

What is the expected height requirement?

interestingly the trains restraint seems to be based off the Family 335 Coaster models which has a height requirement of 0.95cm/37"

gotg-trains.jpg

1-fc335-rainbow-ml-77.jpg

however, the ride specs are more similar to their space warp launch coaster, the restraint is more robust because of inversions but the height requirement is 1.2metres /47"Screenshot 2022-02-28 at 17-01-31 Space Warp Launch Coaster Vekoma Rides Manufacturing BV.png
sts-9461-11.jpg

My understanding of this , the restraint detiremes the height requirement , I think it would be fair to say the minimum requirement probably wont exceed 1.2metres/47" as there are no inversions and even if they were using the over the shoulder/comfort collar the ride doesnt exceed their launch coaster specs

interestingly the trains restraint seems to be based off the Family 335 Coaster models which has a height requirement of 0.95cm/37"

gotg-trains.jpg

1-fc335-rainbow-ml-77.jpg

however, the ride specs are more similar to their space warp launch coaster, the restraint is more robust because of inversions but the height requirement is 1.2metres /47"View attachment 15944
sts-9461-11.jpg

My understanding of this , the restraint detiremes the height requirement , I think it would be fair to say the minimum requirement probably wont exceed 1.2metres/47" as there are no inversions and even if they were using the over the shoulder/comfort collar the ride doesnt exceed their launch coaster specs

37" or so sounds about right.

I can go down to 40-44", but there's no way that this coaster will be 37" when MK's Space Mountain, which is much less intense and much less going on, is at 44".

I can go down to 40-44", but there's no way that this coaster will be 37" when MK's Space Mountain, which is much less intense and much less going on, is at 44".

It's all about restraints and seats. SM has to factor in the short walls on the side of the vehicles that kids could fall out of, these have high walls. Gringotts is 40".

Reactions: Magic Feather
I mean, if it can pull off a 37" height requirement, that would be great for the accessibility of the ride. I still think 40" is the lowest i'd guess if I was putting money on it.

I'm expecting during Disney Investors Day on March 9th that we'll get the official opening day. We only heard memorial day weekend by mistake from that guy's instagram. I still assume it'll be opening that weekend, but Disney is still using Summer 2022 as of now and I think that's when we get the official announcement.

March 9th isn't long before i'd expect this ride will be having Cast Previews and then potentially Club 33, Golden Oak, DVC and AP following.