Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 115 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm expecting during Disney Investors Day on March 9th that we'll get the official opening day. We only heard memorial day weekend by mistake from that guy's instagram. I still assume it'll be opening that weekend, but Disney is still using Summer 2022 as of now and I think that's when we get the official announcement.

March 9th isn't long before i'd expect this ride will be having Cast Previews and then potentially Club 33, Golden Oak, DVC and AP following.
The mistake was revealing the information not the date itself though. And from stuff trickling out, CMs seem to be riding it this week already

Reactions: SukaVayne73
The mistake was revealing the information not the date itself though. And from stuff trickling out, CMs seem to be riding it this week already

Ok random guess, it opens officially May 25, with CM previews starting in late March, early April. DVC previews in early April and APs in mid to late April. General guest are riding this thing by early May.

Ok random guess, it opens officially May 25, with CM previews starting in late March, early April. DVC previews in early April and APs in mid to late April. General guest are riding this thing by early May.
If you could speak this early May public softs into existence id appreciate that mate

Didn't really expect the loading station to look like that. A lot of people have already made visual comparisons to Web-Slingers and it feels very similar: bulky and red. It's sort of a shame that the only two MCU rides we'll see for a good while are very uniform. Still have high hopes for the ride!

I think I was expecting the station to be more worn and rough around the edges like the coaster trains. It makes sense with the Nova Corps aesthetic but not the first thing to mind when thinking about GOG.

Also, the ship in front is nearly complete!

It doesn't look bad at all. Looks like a great photo op now that the base doesn't feel so out of place. Strangely I think I would've liked a fountain around the base.

I gotta say, I really like the Star Blaster now that the theming is added to the base (and the base looks nice and sleek, too). I agree that the pictures of the station are confusing as to why it looks more like Web Slingers than what you'd expect from GotG.

I think I was expecting the station to be more worn and rough around the edges like the coaster trains. It makes sense with the Nova Corps aesthetic but not the first thing to mind when thinking about GOG.

Also, the ship in front is nearly complete!

It doesn't look bad at all. Looks like a great photo op now that the base doesn't feel so out of place. Strangely I think I would've liked a fountain around the base.

I gotta say, I really like the Star Blaster now that the theming is added to the base (and the base looks nice and sleek, too). I agree that the pictures of the station are confusing as to why it looks more like Web Slingers than what you'd expect from GotG.

Youre judging the station under photographic lighting when its clear from the concept art the station will operate in much lower light, so the bright high contrast colour scheme makes sense under those conditions. I imagine many dark rides would look jarring under normal light

Reactions: SukaVayne73
Youre judging the station under photographic lighting when its clear from the concept art the station will operate in much lower light, so the bright high contrast colour scheme makes sense under those conditions. I imagine many dark rides would look jarring under normal light
Ehh, if you compare the pic of the load station and the concept art, it looks very similar. In all fairness, I don't really care much about what the station looks like as much as how good the ride is. I really look forward to seeing reactions once people start getting on tis thing.

Reactions: tommyhawkins
Ehh, if you compare the pic of the load station and the concept art, it looks very similar. In all fairness, I don't really care much about what the station looks like as much as how good the ride is. I really look forward to seeing reactions once people start getting on tis thing.
Seven Dwarves has the monopoly on being able to take in every detail of the pre-load cos the dispatches are so slow, wouldnt wanna take their thunder away.

I wasn't talking about the lighting. The appearance for the station makes perfect sense for something operated by the Nova Corps storywise and I'm fine with it in that regard. I meant I thought things would feel a little more rundown like Mission Breakout. Even the concept art shows the trains appearing unscratched but that's not the case with the real ones.

For me personally I guess it comes down to the fact that when I think of Guardians, Nova Corps and pristine aesthetics isn't the first thing that pops in mind so in a way it feels "off" for lack of a better word. I'm probably just a bit nit picky about it.

Of course all of this doesn't matter as long as it's a great ride.

I wasn't talking about the lighting. The appearance for the station makes perfect sense for something operated by the Nova Corps storywise and I'm fine with it in that regard. I meant I thought things would feel a little more rundown like Mission Breakout. Even the concept art shows the trains appearing unscratched but that's not the case with the real ones.

For me personally I guess it comes down to the fact that when I think of Guardians, Nova Corps and pristine aesthetics isn't the first thing that pops in mind so in a way it feels "off" for lack of a better word. I'm probably just a bit nit picky about it.

you wasnt talking about the lighting, but I was, as in: If the station is in low light/near darkness there are going to be no run down details you could see so why bother, also with 60 sec dispatches you arent going to be spending any real time when you get into that last 200ft of queue

Actually, Xandar was very pristine and beautiful (pre-Thanos and maybe pre-Ronan). The prison wasn't nice by any means and certainly the Guardians aren't, either, but Xandar was clean.

Actually, Xandar was very pristine and beautiful (pre-Thanos and maybe pre-Ronan). The prison wasn't nice by any means and certainly the Guardians aren't, either, but Xandar was clean.
Maybe I'm out of the loop, but how much do we know about the storyline of this ride? Could us and the Guardians be getting in trouble with the Xandarians and this load station is a brig of some sort that we're escaping from? Maybe they messed up so bad we have go back in time to correct it.

Maybe I'm out of the loop, but how much do we know about the storyline of this ride? Could us and the Guardians be getting in trouble with the Xandarians and this load station is a brig of some sort that we're escaping from? Maybe they messed up so bad we have go back in time to correct it.

As long as I have my magic walkman whose cassette tapes have not eroded after two decades of use, I'll be just fine.

Reactions: Yabbadabba Doh