Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 125 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I would probably lower any expectations about the intensity of the backwards launch, so far there's really no word of it packing a punch. The most extreme comment I've seen is a reviewer felt that "Launch" was a loose term, and they felt it was more of a "gentle acceleration". I've also seen word there's no airtime, so the coaster's not pulling off any maneuvers for it...kinda' ironic considering WDW's Space Mountain can deliver a pop of airtime here and there.
....oh

I'm probably gonna call the AP number tomorrow if I don't get one. I don't understand how this is still a problem for them in 2022.

Unrealistic management asking something of an IT platform that can't handle it, underfunded departments, incompetent platform management, outdated technology... I could go on. Haha.

C’mon, y’all were seriously expecting airtime on Cosmic Rewind?

Hold up. Disney didn't build this specifically to compete with Velocicoaster? That just ruins the whole thing for me...hard pass.

/s, just in case.

Unrealistic management asking something of an IT platform that can't handle it, underfunded departments, incompetent platform management, outdated technology... I could go on. Haha.

Hold up. Disney didn't build this specifically to compete with Velocicoaster? That just ruins the whole thing for me...hard pass.

/s, just in case.
Just a guess you are in the IT biz?

The song doesn't fit what you would hear on a GotG mixtape. Something using that song could've been done in the queue though.

Several of the songs they've ultimately gone with don't entirely fit the GOTG "Awesome Mix" vibe, either, though.

I may love "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" and "I Ran," so I'm not going to complain about their inclusion, but Peter Quill isn't a New Wave guy.

Reactions: TJwny
Several of the songs they've ultimately gone with don't entirely fit the GOTG "Awesome Mix" vibe, either, though.

I may love "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" and "I Ran," so I'm not going to complain about their inclusion, but Peter Quill isn't a New Wave guy.
Yeah, I actually would've much preferred something like "Sweet Child o' Mine" by Guns 'N Roses (which was featured in the Thor trailer today), in place of the New Wave songs, but the rights for that song are probably crazy expensive compared to some of the songs they ended up using.

If they really wanted to tie this ride back to EPCOT Center, they should've used Michael Jackson's "Another Part Of Me" or "We Are Here To Change The World" from Captain EO as a part of the setlist.

While I totally agree with this...

Yeah, I actually would've much preferred something like "Sweet Child o' Mine" by Guns 'N Roses (which was featured in the Thor trailer today), in place of the New Wave songs, but the rights for that song are probably crazy expensive compared to some of the songs they ended up using.

...unfortunately there's no way they'd shell out the cash to pay the rights for those songs. And while I also agree New Wave doesn't quite fit the awesome mix, I'll take those songs over "Disco Inferno". For me it sounds like they've already got a better disco/funk song in the form of "September". And I would've preferred something like "Get Down on It" by Kool and the Gang as well.

While I totally agree with this...

...unfortunately there's no way they'd shell out the cash to pay the rights for those songs. And while I also agree New Wave doesn't quite fit the awesome mix, I'll take those songs over "Disco Inferno". For me it sounds like they've already got a better disco/funk song in the form of "September". And I would've preferred something like "Get Down on It" by Kool and the Gang as well.
Mission Breakout has such a good track list, it's really disappointing that they didn't seem to quite hit to right tone for what a "Awesome Mixtape" has been.

Reactions: Tobias and Eckert
Glad this seems fun, lines will be long for this.
So many have been comparing this to having the feel of Slinky plus. And the GP continues to 'love' Slinky. Sometimes you can get too high thrill with coasters and then you lose a large share of your demographic. The coaster hard core would probably have wanted more thrill, but this definitely seems like something the vast majority of people, that just want to ride a 'fun' attraction, actually want. Yes, no doubt this will be a huge hit. Disney hit the sweet spot, it seems.

So many have been comparing this to having the feel of Slinky plus. And the GP continues to 'love' Slinky. Sometimes you can get too high thrill with coasters and then you lose a large share of your demographic. The coaster hard core would probably have wanted more thrill, but this definitely seems like something the vast majority of people, that just want to ride a 'fun' attraction, actually want. Yes, no doubt this will be a huge hit. Disney hit the sweet spot, it seems.
Especially in a park that lacks..... rides. Almost every family will do this one unless they have young ones.

This is very true and something people like me need to remember. Disney "thrill" is very different from Universal, Busch, SeaWorld "thrill"

Ironically, Epcot has one of the most intense rides in the state lol, possibly the country

Reactions: Mad Dog
I'm going to try not to read or watch too much about the ride even though I don't expect to ride it for years. I didn't expect anything more than a fun family hit with impressive visuals and that seems to be what we got.

I have always been in that camp that didn't care much for Epcot. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would when my family took my little nephew the other day, but the whole vibe of the trip was completely different from how I would usually do a theme park. I also didn't pay for the tickets so I was in passholder mode just chilling and wondering where to eat. It was great, and I'm excited to go back again in the future when the park isn't a construction zone.

This is very true and something people like me need to remember. Disney "thrill" is very different from Universal, Busch, SeaWorld "thrill"

Ironically, Epcot has one of the most intense rides in the state lol, possibly the country
My BP has been high lately and two days after marathoning Iron Gwazi I looked at Mission Space with a ride now wait and thought I'd better skip it just to be safe .

Reactions: shiekra38