Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 124 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Blog Mickey has a report as well.

They confirm a fairly notable thing, character-wise. While Star-Lord, Gamora and Drax are portrayed by their respective actors...Rocket is NOT voiced by Bradley Cooper. That is a bit of a shock considering he voices Rocket in Mission: Breakout. Vin Diesel doesn't voice Groot as well, but he's also absent from Mission: Breakout so it's not a surprise.

Reactions: CyborgDinosaur
Blog Mickey has a report as well.

They confirm a fairly notable thing, character-wise. While Star-Lord, Gamora and Drax are portrayed by their respective actors...Rocket is NOT voiced by Bradley Cooper. That is a bit of a shock considering he voices Rocket in Mission: Breakout. Vin Diesel doesn't voice Groot as well, but he's also absent from Mission: Breakout so it's not a surprise.

By doing Mission Breakout, I assume Cooper fulfilled his theme park obligations in his contract and wasn’t willing to do this one.

Based on the reactions, I think we can confirm that there was no real attempt made to fit this into Epcot beyond a couple of jokes at the park's expense.

I'm sure those who just want a coaster will enjoy it.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
I'm glad to hear the intensity seems to be close to Expedition Everest. Sounds like people like this ride so far. I was really surprised to hear that the track isn't easily visible.

I look forward to riding this in the Fall, but I am not looking forward to dealing with the Lightning Lane or Genie+ situation. You can't just wait in line for it anymore.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
All the money in the world won't stop an actor from having a busy schedule/having no desire to return. See Diagon Alley Harry and Hermione.
We all still wonder with JK's strict control how they ended up with someone who sounds like a 60 year old Hermione.

• Haha
Reactions: Nico
Most of the comments I've read from those on the ride emphasize it's a lot of Fun. That's damn important...Too many overly serous tech leaning theme park internet hardcore fans seem to forget that FUN is probably the
most important part of a "theme park" attraction, not overly emphasized g force percentages and other crazy tech bs type claims. ....LET THE FUN BEGIN.....Sounding like a win for Disney. ...My kind of an attraction.

it’s interesting they’re testing with CMs when the queue is very much Not Done yet.
I get the impression the queue is done (or very close) but they're hiding it from cast members because they want the reveal for paying guests. They don't trust CMs at all.

I get the impression the queue is done (or very close) but they're hiding it from cast members because they want the reveal for paying guests. They don't trust CMs at all.
So how are they letting them in? They have them walk through the queue under intense scrutiny or are they back-dooring the CMs to get on?

The launch part gives me some pause tbh, Mummy's launch is already not all that intense

I would probably lower any expectations about the intensity of the backwards launch, so far there's really no word of it packing a punch. The most extreme comment I've seen is a reviewer felt that "Launch" was a loose term, and they felt it was more of a "gentle acceleration". I've also seen word there's no airtime, so the coaster's not pulling off any maneuvers for it...kinda' ironic considering WDW's Space Mountain can deliver a pop of airtime here and there.

Reactions: shiekra38