Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 91 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just as expected, it's all track and not a set piece in sight so far after over three years of construction. I think a lot of people have expectations a little too high for what this thing will be.
This will be Epcot's coaster in a box. MK, DHS and 50% AK all have one so why not?

I’m actually pretty happy about it. And I still feel burned by the last indoor “roller coaster” that came to Orlando. I was worried that this one would be more watching than riding too.
I agree, I don't want it to be Gringotts where it's constant start/stop, but I mean, there has to be some sort of theming still... right?

I agree, I don't want it to be Gringotts where it's constant start/stop, but I mean, there has to be some sort of theming still... right?

Yeah I get you on the some amount of theming thing. I’d enjoy long beginning and end scenes. It’s still possible that there is a stop/dome screen section, the more I look at the picture the more I realize it doesn’t intentionally reveal much.

Reactions: Nick
Still think this will be fun. I never expected more than Disney's usual coaster formula, so a bunch of helixes in a box means it's about what I expected.
It'll be fun sure, but like, the rumor is this is costing $500M. Granted a good chunk of that money was unaccounted for as the Energy building was in much worse shape than they thought and they've possibly lumped the budget for Play in this, too. But idk, for that money I just expect more.

It'll be fun sure, but like, the rumor is this is costing $500M. Granted a good chunk of that money was unaccounted for as the Energy building was in much worse shape than they thought and they've possibly lumped the budget for Play in this, too. But idk, for that money I just expect more.
I'm done trying to expect more from Disney's ridiculous project budgets. It was clear from Day 1 this was more or less going to be another "Helixes in a Box" coaster, maybe with some more visual bells and whistles along the ride path.

My expectation is this will be better than TRON by a lot, and the track layout seems to point to that. So I'm happy.

Reactions: Jones14 and Nick
I'm done trying to expect more from Disney's ridiculous project budgets. It was clear from Day 1 this was more or less going to be another "Helixes in a Box" coaster, maybe with some more visual bells and whistles along the ride path.

My expectation is this will be better than TRON by a lot, and the track layout seems to point to that. So I'm happy.
I think the amount of track we see in that tiny sliver of a picture is probably close to a longer ride than TRON, so that's definitely where this ride will win. I think it will have the usual Disney RNRC/Everest type thrills with a ride time closer to Everest than RNRC or TRON.

So many show scenes!

Oh, wait.

If that picture is a pretty accurate representation of all that's in that (gigantic) building, then it looks incredibly lazy and like a huge waste of money.

Reactions: Cheezbat
That picture of the track is clipped. On the right side there is a giant scrim, so what you're seeing is only half of the building. There is one piece of theming that looks like a jump point (and likely the exit of the gravity building), but I'm guessing there probably won't be a large amount of theming in the gravity building besides "space". But the whole pre-section/backwards launch should be pretty well themed (and have more happen than the launch sections of RnR or Tron).

1605549678450.png

Reactions: Grabnar
There’s nothing here for me to get excited about and I am wondering how this took 3 years to build while Universal has built Hagrid’s and most of JP coaster.

I’m still excited for it none the less.

Reactions: Grabnar