Guardians of the Galaxy Disney Attraction? | Page 47 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy Disney Attraction?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't put much stock in this rumor, but it's always possible. It may be that they realized they NEED to step up their game and cloning Tron would be relatively cheap and easy. Or maybe not...

I don't put much stock in this rumor, but it's always possible. It may be that they realized they NEED to step up their game and cloning Tron would be relatively cheap and easy. Or maybe not...
TRON did start off as a WDW attraction in concept. I'm not against it. It would rejuvenate that dead area of FW.

Heh, the Mario/Universal icon is cool. :)...I guess Kong is old hat now & has been relegated to orphan status. :shock:
Lol. I wasn't even looking for something like that but when I saw it I knew it was perfect for me but it was too big to be my avatar and I thought having both would be too much.
TRON did start off as a WDW attraction in concept. I'm not against it. It would rejuvenate that dead area of FW.
It was supposed to be in Tomorrowland and like GotG that's where it should go or maybe DHS which could use all it can get.

I enjoy rumors. Trouble is, none of these have really interested me. Sure, many of the areas mentioned need renovation or removal. Any well done ride is welcome, but neither Tron nor GotG sounds exciting.

So if Disney planted all these rumors to find leaks, they might have found they leak. They also sound like they are running out of good ideas. Personally, I would worry about that more than any leaks.

Reactions: SeventyOne
The Tron rumor has been squashed many times plus we already have Tron Track. If they want it so badly in Epcot drop the act and make it official.
Continuing the Test Track (or Tron) aesthetic throughout that side of Future World would make things much more cohesive though. And it would fit much better than most of these other ideas.

I know it's not likely to happen, but i'd love to see it. Although isn't TRON a fairly low-capacity ride?

Continuing the Test Track (or Tron) aesthetic throughout that side of Future World would make things much more cohesive though. And it would fit much better than most of these other ideas.

I know it's not likely to happen, but i'd love to see it. Although isn't TRON a fairly low-capacity ride?

That was what I thought when I heard this rumor. Epcot doesn't need another low capacity ride. We had that with Soarin and now we have it with Frozen. I agree theming wise it makes sense, but capacity wise I am not sure it does. Of course Epcot is the only park with no coaster like ride and this would be more coaster like.

That was what I thought when I heard this rumor. Epcot doesn't need another low capacity ride. We had that with Soarin and now we have it with Frozen. I agree theming wise it makes sense, but capacity wise I am not sure it does. Of course Epcot is the only park with no coaster like ride and this would be more coaster like.
If they did two tracks instead of one (like space mountain) it wouldn't be that low of capacity. I'm not sure how feasible adding a second track would be though.

Reactions: Cheezbat and IzzyB
Tron makes 100 million times more sense than Guardians in Epcot and even then it's not a perfect fit. I'm just re-iterating how much I hate the idea of Guardians at Epcot for anyone from Disney who might be reading this. lol

Reactions: Cheezbat
If Disney's going full steam ahead with Ipcot I'd prefer the Guardians ride over Tron but that's just me.
Tron makes so much more sense though. Guardians is something I personally think belongs either in DHS or (as a stretch) Tomorrowland.

I am awaiting Disney's overall plan for Future world to see if it makes sense or not...The park will be getting a sort of re-branding so maybe in the new Epcot it does make sense...

Inside Out makes more sense than either Guardians or TRON for an Epcot overlay. IO in the old WoL pavilion and updates for Energy/M:S would do wonders to enhance that side of Future World.

Plus, since Ellen is still well-liked/popular, why not just bring her in to film an updated ride film, add cushioned seats to the RVs (those hard benches make it hard to last 37 minutes :lol:) and overhaul the dinosaur sequence? It would end up being far cheaper than the $200-300 million for two GotG attractions and allow Imagination, M:S, SSE and Seas to get enhancements, too. You could even bring back Bill Nye due to 90s nostalgia.

Of course, TDO doesn't make logical decisions for Epcot... but if Inside Out didn't get a greenlit attraction for Epcot (despite its edutainment potential), I just don't see how GotG or TRON would work.