Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 208 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IOA does have a few issues:

Some areas are dated.
Some areas can be skipped depending on weather. Toon Lagoon and JP when it's cold is a skip. Outside rides when it's raining is a skip (or closed).

It's a fair thing to discuss.

WITH THAT SAID

I feel like any sort of complaints would've arose no matter the decision with this ride.

So it is Devil's Snare.
From Harry Potter Wiki: "Devil's Snare prefers a dark, damp environment. It will stop its movement in the environment in front of bright light and will recoil away from the heat of fire, so a well-placed flame spell such as bluebell flames will drive it away from its victims."

Question is: Will Hagrid cast a fire spell for us to drop down? (I think he will)

I have a feeling Aragog will be at the top of that spike.
I will be completely honest, I have no idea what, (if anything) will be inside the spike cave... It very well could just be darkness and fog effects.

But with the spiders getting such a long sequence in the land's other major attraction, I'm guessing he will be left out this time 'round.

I will be completely honest, I have no idea what, (if anything) will be inside the spike cave... It very well could just be darkness and fog effects.

But with the spiders getting such a long sequence in the land's other major attraction, I'm guessing he will be left out this time 'round.
The spike isn't that tall (for a coaster) so I expect the darkness (and the wait) will make it feel taller as it is. Maybe a projection like in Everest where the Yeti tears up the track and then back to blackness.
I always thought the drop in ToT was better without the effects they added later in the drop sequence, it felt longer and scarier in the dark.

Reactions: Ryno27 and LJGonz
The Devil’s Snare seems nice and all, but it feels fairly far back into the movies. Time periods from Gringotts to this HP coaster will be vastly different. I think the styles of scenes and the ambiance from the first to the last films may show. With the characters and plot from the first movie being more childish, and the same characteristics from the last movie are much more dramatic and make for a better ride plot IMO. I’m just a little hesitant on a giant three headed dog, and the devils snare. I feel like Gringotts really shows how dramatic, dark, and a little more serious HP can be and I think it makes for a beetle experience. I still am very excited for this ride tho.

You can even hear it in the music. The older movies have much more mature soundtracks.

The Devil’s Snare seems nice and all, but it feels fairly far back into the movies. Time periods from Gringotts to this HP coaster will be vastly different. I think the styles of scenes and the ambiance from the first to the last films may show. With the characters and plot from the first movie being more childish, and the same characteristics from the last movie are much more dramatic and make for a better ride plot IMO. I’m just a little hesitant on a giant three headed dog, and the devils snare. I feel like Gringotts really shows how dramatic, dark, and a little more serious HP can be and I think it makes for a beetle experience. I still am very excited for this ride tho.
I don't understand your argument. Devi's Snare is just a unusual natural phenomenon in the forest and not something that just happened in the first movie. It's there forever and now we will encounter it. this ride is not retelling the movie.

I don't understand your argument. Devi's Snare is just a unusual natural phenomenon in the forest and not something that just happened in the first movie. It's there forever and now we will encounter it. this ride is not retelling the movie.
I’m referring to the devils snare, fluffy kinda the elements and plots in the first movie are less mature than in the last. Getting stuck in devils snare v.s a more dramatic encounter with Voldemort. The challenges Harry faced in movie one (ex. Devils Snare) is a little less exiting than what we see in Gringotts which is in the later movies.

Yea, this is our adventure, not the kids’. Hence the puppy being let out in the wild. And it’ll be nice to see new things not covered in the other rides, regardless of where we first saw them in the films.

I’m referring to the devils snare, fluffy kinda the elements and plots in the first movie are less mature than in the last. Getting stuck in devils snare v.s a more dramatic encounter with Voldemort. The challenges Harry faced in movie one (ex. Devils Snare) is a little less exiting than what we see in Gringotts which is in the later movies.
I think this ride is meant to be more lighthearted than Gringotts.

I think this ride is meant to be more lighthearted than Gringotts.

They're leaning hard on the "family" aspect, so I agree.

Also, if we get a Fluffy AA I'm gonna lose my stuff.

Just recalling, wasn’t it professor sprout that assisted in placing the devil’s snare to protect the stone?

Yup!

Status
Not open for further replies.