Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 512 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank goodness. Now that the cranes are gone, they can finally build the cherry on the cake... the shrieking shack. It’s rumored that Alicia has been keeping that secret all this time!
It is said that from her padded room, screams could be heard, long into the night. With a hoarse, strained voice she still to this day shouts “nooo, noo Shrikeing Shack, nooooo”. So unfortunate.

That lake needs a little chlorine

Been meaning to bring this up... at first I thought there would be no pond/lake because they never poured concrete for one... and then I noticed the IOA lagoon APPEARS to be just a natural dirt bottomed lake and my question being is this a Florida thing? Is this just a Universal thing? Does Disney put concrete bottoms to their water features in Florida like they do at Disneyland? The idea of that natural dirty water and all the bugs it invites makes me nauseous lol

Been meaning to bring this up... at first I thought there would be no pond/lake because they never poured concrete for one... and then I noticed the IOA lagoon APPEARS to be just a natural dirt bottomed lake and my question being is this a Florida thing? Is this just a Universal thing? Does Disney put concrete bottoms to their water features in Florida like they do at Disneyland? The idea of that natural dirty water and all the bugs it invites makes me nauseous lol

Some park ponds are natural bottom while others might be concrete. I think some require a natural effect while others might want something more homogenized in appearance. That said, the water table in Florida is very high and allows for very shallow digging when required.

The lagoon at IOA is also the storage for the Bilge Rat Barges ride so it is treated and dyed to look like pond water but while the ducks and fish live in it not much in the way of pond scum grows there.
I think they will leave this the same color, it would look odd if they made the lake crystal blue.

You won't find to many bugs in the water in the theme parks in Orlando. They spray to kill them.
But I hope they keep this the natural color and not the blue or clear one because that wouldn't look natural.
Maybe they could add the water Lilly's from the Jurassic Park ponds, they are beautiful.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.