Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 513 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you point me at the pictures, that is the reflection of the sky on the water, not the color of the water.

The main point being that it isn't green but like everybody is saying, it's not long filled and in the middle of a construction site.

Until the next one, yes. Isn't that how it goes?

Yes unless Everest still holds the title. Still on the subject, I'd have thought for sure that Tron would have cost over $100 million.

Reactions: allaboutthatchase
I just can’t wrap my head around that cost.
Martin has said that both Tron and GotG are in the range of $300-350M.

Of course WDW does like to build in the cost of other things like the tomorrowland makeover and probably the speedway changes into bigger projects like Tron. They've also done a lot of work changing the retention ponds for Tron as well to even make it a feasible build.

Even so, it's just a ridiculous number.

Last edited:
Martin has said that both Tron and GotG are in the range of $300-350M.

Of course WDW does like to build in the cost of other things like the tomorrowland makeover and probably the speedway changes into bigger projects like Tron. They've also done a lot of work changing the retention ponds for Tron as well to even make it a feasible build.

Even so, it's just a ridiculous number.

At least GotG has most likely many special track features and animations.

Tron is just a figure 8 coaster in a box with generic neon lighting. I'm sure the stupid outdoor section covering costs a bit, and ruins rides during the bright daytime. People gripe about Universal not being fully immersive, yet a coaster that takes place in a computer flying outside for a good chunk is perfectly fine.

$350MM should build the most amazing coaster on the planet. TWICE.

I've never understood Disney's ride prices.

The only thing that would make their numbers reasonable is if they rope in all kinds of maintenance + refurb costs in a ride's cost in order to make the number as big as possible for marketing reasons. That way, the "Tron coaster" ends up being Tron + TL redo + backstage maintenance and "GotG coaster" ends up being GotG coaster + new Epcot entrance.

I would guess that Tron's price tag includes all the other work required with relocating the canal, expanding the pond, building the retaining wall in front of the park for the berm/railroad tracks, rebuilding the railroad tracks, etc, etc, etc. There is a lot of prep work going into making this happen. Of course it will still run over budget and they'll have to cut a bunch of the bells and whistles anyway (like the upgrade to the raceway they had planned originally).

Status
Not open for further replies.