Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 532 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like Tom Felton is always doing the promotion for these things.

I don't know why, he's so dull and it's nice for Alan Gilmore to have a presence in the promotion but he's incredibly monotone.

I also can't believe they used that artwork. It doesn't give a good representation of what they're doing by showing something so amateurish.

Reactions: Andysol
Wow that crappy concept art was real. Again I eat my words and will judge the next concept art about how amateur it looks. ;) But I guess it's smart to lower the expectation in the artwork and over deliver in the end result.
I liked the announcement although I have no idea why Tom Felton was there, he's not in the ride, right?
Also 50mph (or a bit more than 80kmh in real world speed notification) that is quicker than I thought it would be. This one will pack a punch. And 1200 trees, that is a lot. Now I don't have to try to count them.
Very excited.

Wow that crappy concept art was real. Again I eat my words and will judge the next concept art about how amateur it looks. ;) But I guess it's smart to lower the expectation in the artwork and over deliver in the end result.
I liked the announcement although I have no idea why Tom Felton was there, he's not in the ride, right?
Also 50mph (or a bit more than 80kmh in real world speed notification) that is quicker than I thought it would be. This one will pack a punch. And 1200 trees, that is a lot. Now I don't have to try to count them.
Very excited.
Yeah I have a feeling all the trees would make 50mph feel pretty darn fast

I think the art is good to represent the size of the ride. But strangely the official art looks more like concept art than the actual concept art. Zoomed out it has more color and looks fine, but when you zoom in to look at the details it looks really rough. The painted over style didn't work.

About the centaur, considering I haven't watched the video yet, but I'm guessing they will appear in the first(enclosed) show scene telling is what happened(not the same, but similar to Hermione on FJ).

I think the art is good to represent the size of the ride. But strangely the official art looks more like concept art than the actual concept art. Zoomed out it has more color and looks fine, but when you zoom in to look at the details it looks really rough. The painted over style didn't work.

I think people are way too hung up on concept art, something that will never be thought of again after June 13

The new commercial is awesome. Would have been neat to get Coltrane's voice into the commercial.....maybe backside of Hagrid talking to little wizards and then hopping on the motorbike and taking off into the forest.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I think people are way too hung up on concept art, something that will never be thought of again after June 13
Sure after it opens people won't see it, but at the moment it will be used in printed publications and at a ton of websites. It's there to hype the ride. Showing the maintenance building and ugly roofs of the drop and queue building is just strange as they will never be seen by the public. A perspective from ground level would be so much more impressive than this and would hype a ton more people to come to Orlando.

If we had this perspective for concept art for Galaxy Edge (as we see it from Bio) it wouldn't look as impressive with all the ugly roofs and missing bottoms of the spires as it would look from the guest's view. Disney does a much better job with their concept art.

Status
Not open for further replies.