Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 185 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find the whole bike side car idea a little strange, especially with backward sections. The only way I can see this working would be if the bikes rotate similar to the Arthur coaster at Europa Park which a lot of people thought would be the coaster type.

Having said that, that would allow for easier and better story telling.

I think multiple bikes in a row would look kind of odd but it's easy to explain because of magic and some throw away line from Hagrid. Something happens, we need to go with him but as a group we obviously can't find in his bike so he magics up our own bikes.

You can them imagine the ultimate version of this ride with a Hagrid AA riding up front with his wind blowing in the air. Add the Kong rumour and he gets swiped off his bike at some point.

Reactions: Ryno27
My favorite part of my old video on the subject used this graphic to show how silly I think it would look:

View attachment 6559

Again, this could easily be remedied with a pre-show. You're using Hagrid's motorbike- but he enchanted it to take you where you need to go. And since there are so many of you, he's going to make it a stretch side-car. Scratch that, make it a super stretch side-car.

That would also allow it to be a normal "train" vs an inferior motorbike. I've ridden Intamin's wavebreaker many times. Nothing to write home about. It's "ok" in the stance that it isn't very thrilling- so you could have more storyline elements.

And that will be the crux of this coaster. Will it be slow enough to enjoy the scenes - thereby not being "thrilling". Or will it be so fast you just notice the decorations - thereby not being an immersive storytelling experience. It will be interesting how they mesh the two together. My hope would be something similar to Gringotts with longer coaster sections.

i just don't see this being a bike and a side car.As i have a feeling uni is aiming for a 40 inch height limit and would prob be going for something more traditional.

Wavebreaker is 48". I, too, don't see them wanting anything close to a 48" requirement here to coincide with FJ's 48".

I find the whole bike side car idea a little strange, especially with backward sections.
Remember, the "backwards section" is also just a rumor. @AliciaStella has said it could but also could not- since she's not privy to what's inside the buildings yet. These buildings could have turn-tables.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Magistra
Remember, the "backwards section" is also just a rumor. @AliciaStella has said it could but also could not- since she's not privy to what's inside the buildings yet. These buildings could have turn-tables.
No turn tables.

It’s definitely backwards. Now that we’ve seen the upward spike part it’s confirmed.

And who’s to say I still don’t know what’s in the buildings? 0:)

Status
Not open for further replies.