Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 206 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be interesting what happens with Hogsmeade in regards to crowd level. Now that there is a true Potter family coaster it should take away guests from the streets. Hogsmeade should have a bit more walking space when this opens because there won't be as many people waiting for people to get off the ride.
It depends on the ride height. If this thing is Intamin and it is a motorbike type coaster in the same vein as Wavebreaker- that’s 48”. Same as FJ. There still might be a few people waiting unless they can incorporate a rider swap area in the queue.

This does bring up an interesting question. While it sucks they didn’t add shops or expand walkways- does anyone know what they might do with the old locker room area? It’s a decent size, but also out of the way- so maybe move the butter beer cart there or “expand” the existing walkway through subtraction by moving something to the locker area?

You did not just insult BGT :lol: yes, Universal is better, but BGT is better than SWO, Legoland, Animal Kingdom, EPCOT, and Disney’s Hollywood Queue Line
You’re going to be in the minority here...
EPCOT, after SW:GE is finished, is the park that needs the most updating and work. But that said, it’s still a world-class park. BGT... is not. Even if Future world fell into a sinkhole (which it has, metaphorically)- World showcase, in and of itself, with its dining, staffing and uniqueness elevates it’s status alone.

And BGT better than DAK? Arguably Disney’s best park in Florida? BGT has more thrilling rides, but its the poor mans DAK. It’s like comparing a 40 ounce porterhouse to a 12 oz ribeye. Just because there’s more, doesn’t make it better. :)

EPCOT, after SW:GE is finished, is the park that needs the most updating and work. But that said, it’s still a world-class park. BGT... is not. Even if Future world fell into a sinkhole (which it has, metaphorically)- World showcase, in and of itself, with its dining, staffing and uniqueness elevates it’s status alone.

And BGT better than DAK? Arguably Disney’s best park in Florida? BGT has more thrilling rides, but its the poor mans DAK. It’s like comparing a 40 ounce porterhouse to a 12 oz ribeye. Just because there’s more, doesn’t make it better. :)
Depends what you want out of a park. Busch Gardens has vastly better zoological facilities, landscaping, and rides than any other park in Florida. Certainly lacks in storytelling elements compared to Disney parks but it probably has the second best roller coaster collection in the world behind Cedar Point. And as a zoo, BGT easily beats DAK. If that's what you're into, you'll find BGT the best park in Florida, as I do.

This does bring up an interesting question. While it sucks they didn’t add shops or expand walkways- does anyone know what they might do with the old locker room area? It’s a decent size, but also out of the way- so maybe move the butter beer cart there or “expand” the existing walkway through subtraction by moving something to the locker area?
The lockers are staying. They’re outside the scope of the plans. While I don’t think we’ll be seeing metal detectors, bags will probably still need to be put in a locker, same as Gringotts and Mummy. And the queue entrance will be in the same spot as Dragons (although it’s being redesigned) so the lockers bring right there still makes sense.

Some of my best coaster memories are of coaster rides while it was raining, with the one time special effect of water slamming into me. Actually increases the thrill. Here in the northeast, all of our parks are primarily coaster parks with 'very few if any' indoor attractions, and it rains nearly as much as it does in Florida, and we have lots of thunderstorms which occasionally creates a period of downtime. But, if you want a long coaster, the weather is part of the price. As I said before, I doubt anyone is going to put up a 7 to 8 acre building to accommodate a coaster. The added building cost would really take away from any theme budget.
I rode DC/DD in the from seat during a tropical storm. Mistake. Rain at 60mph in your face hurts!!! :D

Reactions: truejonas
Depends what you want out of a park. Busch Gardens has vastly better zoological facilities, landscaping, and rides than any other park in Florida. Certainly lacks in storytelling elements compared to Disney parks but it probably has the second best roller coaster collection in the world behind Cedar Point. And as a zoo, BGT easily beats DAK. If that's what you're into, you'll find BGT the best park in Florida, as I do.
The landscaping is amazing when you realized the property had exactly one tree on it when it was bought. Everything else was sand.

I can't imagine there being preshows similar to Gringotts as it would slow the queue down and to have that high capacity, the queue will be constantly moving, especially with a loading platform. Everest has a 2000 guests per hour capacity and that's with a train leaving every minute.
Wasn't the continues queue the main problem for getting butts in seats for Forbidden Journey? Wasn't it the main reason that Gringots got the rooms queue so the flow can be controlled better?

Reactions: Galaxy Defender

I’d place BGT above Epcot & DAK any day of the week & twice on sundays. Futureworld should be bulldozed and start again. DAK is OKish but nothing compared to BGT. Just goes to show that everybody is different ;)

:topic: please...

Back to the mysterious building... @AliciaStella you said it wasn't the Shrieking Shack, and it's also not Grawp's lair. If I'm not mistaken, a while ago you also made a comment in the lines of keeping an open mind or expecting something that wasn't too obvious, right? With that in mind... could it be we're entering the Chamber of Secrets again? It'd be a little weird to me, but certainly not the wildest idea.

Reactions: tankart150
:topic: please...

Back to the mysterious building... @AliciaStella you said it wasn't the Shrieking Shack, and it's also not Grawp's lair. If I'm not mistaken, a while ago you also made a comment in the lines of keeping an open mind or expecting something that wasn't too obvious, right? With that in mind... could it be we're entering the Chamber of Secrets again? It'd be a little weird to me, but certainly not the wildest idea.
What if... and stay with me here... but, what if, the building, isn't themed as a building... at all!

Shock! :bigeye:

What if... and stay with me here... but, what if, the building, isn't themed as a building... at all!

Shock! :bigeye:

Right, the way I imagine it is going in through some cliffs. In Chamber of Secrets we see Fawkes flying them out of there through some cliffs.

inside the whomping willow

This was my other thought, but my only concern is that it seems a bit too big to be the Whomping Willow.

Reactions: Ryno27
Status
Not open for further replies.