Halloween at Universal Orlando 2020 | Page 65 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween at Universal Orlando 2020

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Talk of multiple show dates and Warner Bros meddling sounds to me a whole lot like speculation in rumors' clothing. If it was ever true it likely has gone through a whole game of telephone to get to us.

I know quite a few people who are actively involved in the situation who are also having trouble figuring out if they're going public or not. They've been given a lot of mixed messaging about it. Take everything outside of Universal's word (even mine) with a grain of salt.

Also, while rehearsals are a go, a rather major figure hasn't been cast at all yet. It's a seemingly odd quirk that only makes sense in a time where the less active performers in the park the better for business. Hope I can leave it at that.
I guess we'll know one way or the other, for sure, pretty soon. Patience is a virtue. :pumpkin::)

Reactions: Allison and GA-MBIT
As someone who has been following along with everything but rarely posts, I just wanted to say this has been one of the most entertaining threads to follow - we all wanted excitement in the HHN30 speculation thread...at least we can now say we got it this season no matter what happens :lol:

UGH!!! I was gonna drive down (from Columbia SC) tomorrow for a day to enjoy the haunts and drive back but now i am wondering if I should come down saturday instead. . .

They probably got in trouble for leaking information

Sources who are usually quite chatty re: rumors are paranoid A.F. when this subject comes up. Which leads into my second point ...

Talk of multiple show dates and Warner Bros meddling sounds to me a whole lot like speculation in rumors' clothing. If it was ever true it likely has gone through a whole game of telephone to get to us.

Being somewhat familiar with contract law, I agree with this to an extent. But everything about it -- the obvious secrecy, the odd choice of only one day (probably) at the last possible moment, a solid source saying WB 86ed the house months ago --- something unusual is going on here. This whole situation screams trying to exploit a loophole in a contract -- were this a TV show or movie*, I'd suspect to extend rights, but Halloween mazes are a unique medium so who knows?

* Best example of this is probably the pilot made for a "Wheel of Time" TV show that was aired, without any sort of advertising, at like 1:30 a.m. Just so the producers could keep the rights to the book series a few more years and hopefully try making the series again when they had more money. This just feels like something along those lines.

Sources who are usually quite chatty re: rumors are paranoid A.F. when this subject comes up. Which leads into my second point ...

Being somewhat familiar with contract law, I agree with this to an extent. But everything about it -- the obvious secrecy, the odd choice of only one day (probably) at the last possible moment, a solid source saying WB 86ed the house months ago --- something unusual is going on here. This whole situation screams trying to exploit a loophole in a contract -- were this a TV show or movie*, I'd suspect to extend rights, but Halloween mazes are a unique medium so who knows?

* Best example of this is probably the pilot made for a "Wheel of Time" TV show that was aired, without any sort of advertising, at like 1:30 a.m. Just so the producers could keep the rights to the book series a few more years and hopefully try making the series again when they had more money. This just feels like something along those lines.
Sorry I might be dumb lol but what does "86ed" mean?

My guess is if we do see Bettlejuice it will just pop up this weekend, no way they can market this.
Many ways to market this, question is will they?
“For one time only experience a sneak peak into the horrors of Halloween Horror Nights 30 by the all new Bettlejuice house this Halloween. IT’S SHOWTIME!” Or something like that.

Sorry I might be dumb lol but what does "86ed" mean?
I can live with this definition

no way they don’t market it

At this point the only way they could "market" it would be Twitter and Facebook (at most) 2 days before the event. To what end tho? The only fans that will reach effectively are super-fan APs who UOR has been trying to discourage from visiting on the weekends (and who already bought their ticket). Merch prices have already been slashed, so it's not like they plan to recoup a lot that way. The nature of a 1-day event means a cluster in the park Sunday morning, and a ton of negative feedback on FB from guests who can't make it over that one day. Such a non-ceremonious opening and short run isn't going to impress their partners at WB.

It makes no sense to do this unless it's solely to film for next year's events. But you hardly need a full cast for that and a fair number of people in the know think this is something more The only other reason I can see doing it is some sort of legal obligation.

BTW, if there is some sort of legal kerfuffle here ... maybe Legal isn't anxious to use the IP in any sort of marketing, especially marketing for something that technically is not HHN, as specified in the original contract. Pure speculation on my part, this just seems very unusual.

Last edited:

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts