Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion | Page 115 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What the hell, it's not like we're doing anything else.

1-4 are confirmed
5. Child's Play: Welcome to Daycare

I've always wanted a proper Chucky maze at HHN, full of puppets and other such things. It's difficult to staff a maze entirely with chucky-sized actors, so I get why they never did it, but still. I could see one based on Child's Play 2 that emphasizes blackout actors, a bit like the bit Poltergeist last year. Chucky under the bed, like the clown. Chucky in the factory. A swinging corpse with the plastic eyes, or maybe he's an actor, who knows. I just think it's been such a blindspot in Uni's attention.

6. Venganza de Lupita:

It's a folksong, from what I can tell. I don't know what the hell the "leaker" who made this thinks this is going to be, but heck, let's just say Mexican Carrie is a cool theme.

7. Tremor Tram:

Neato. A budget increase.

8. Hollywood Harry's stuff

The ultimate troll

9. Sandman

Never listened to Metallica much, so ehh. Also, whoever made this fake list obviously wasn't that careful, because they included both the Terror Tram and the Sandman maze, which is speculated to be in the Tram Garage replacing the Tram this year.

If the list is going in the order of announcements, Murdy did say the next announcement was “late June” which is when the new Child’s Play film comes out, June 21.

Wel if they’re going in the order of announcement Murdy did say the next announcement was “late June” which is when the new Child’s Play film comes out, June 21.
Universal and Don Mancini are pretty upset at Orion for going behind and doing a Remake on Child's Play. Universal owns Child's Play 2 and onward (Which is why the merchandise are with the Child's Play 2 tag) so they wouldn't do Orion's Remake.

If they were to do a Chucky maze (Which they aren't this year) it would most likely be original ala Chucky's Funhouse.

Universal and Don Mancini are pretty upset at Orion for going behind and doing a Remake on Child's Play. Universal owns Child's Play 2 and onward (Which is why the merchandise are with the Child's Play 2 tag) so they wouldn't do Orion's Remake.

If they were to do a Chucky maze (Which they aren't this year) it would most likely be original ala Chucky's Funhouse.

You’re right. I was just assuming they’d do it on the day or weekend/week to gain attention and steal the spotlight. But I rather believe previous accurate “leakers” (insiders) than someone just randomly being shown a list.

So a list of mazes was shown to me, not sure how accurate this is but it seems pretty legit.

1. Walking Dead (as usual)
2. Stranger Things 2+3?
3. Frankenstein Meets Wolfman
4. Holidayz in Hell
5. Child's Play: Welcome to Daycare
6. Venganza de Lupita
7. Tremor Tram (This I'm super excited about!!)
8. Hollywood Harry's Final Curtain Call (the one being built at Mummy)
9. Sandman w/ Music by Metallica

Super excited and here's hoping this is real because I can't wait :D

I just spit my drink out and lol’d so hard.

So I've actually got a legitimate spark for discussion - Wizzarding World: open or nah? There's almost no indication that it won't be but at the same time, the quality of mazes going up (if true) and unique IPs make me wonder if they're gonna bump prices a bit more this year, and make WWoHP available as a means of crowd control. If it does, I could see FJ closing early. Would like some Fall themed meals and decorations throughout Hogsmeade too.

Beetlejuice seems kind of ballsy which I like. Hope it's kind of a roast the audience thing but I already see the storyline making no sense. Unfortunately I see them incorporating political jabs too which might force the show to close up shop early (even as a liberal). Here's to hoping it works out.

So I've actually got a legitimate spark for discussion - Wizzarding World: open or nah? There's almost no indication that it won't be but at the same time, the quality of mazes going up (if true) and unique IPs make me wonder if they're gonna bump prices a bit more this year, and make WWoHP available as a means of crowd control. If it does, I could see FJ closing early. Would like some Fall themed meals and decorations throughout Hogsmeade too.

Beetlejuice seems kind of ballsy which I like. Hope it's kind of a roast the audience thing but I already see the storyline making no sense

oh I would love for it to be open I went a couple years ago and it was open for some reason during HHN and it was EMPTY it was perfect

Maybe they'll just have everything except the rides open this year? Sort of like a test-run to see how crowd distribution in that area works. Then slowly transition to the 2 rides.

Reactions: chris.g
TBH I have never even ridden the Forbidden Journey. I usually only go to USH during HHN season and the last time I went to regular USH was right after The Walking Dead Attraction had just opened (Summer 2016). My fiancee and I literally just did TWDA 20 times and visited Wizarding World to ride the roller coaster and try to butter beer. But I always hear that FJ breaks down a lot.

Part of me thinks that the only way that could happen, is if they somehow got clearance to do Dark Arts. And even then, that could be complicated due to the thing that makes the show stand-out..

Reactions: Clive

Beetlejuice seems kind of ballsy which I like. Hope it's kind of a roast the audience thing but I already see the storyline making no sense

I can never tell if it's happening or not. There's plenty of reasons to do it: crowd control, increased revenue, crowd control again.

There are also reasons to not do it: no need to pay for a daytime ticket, Forbidden Journey needs heavy nightly maintenance (and would definitely need to close early), WB/JKR now get a cut of the HHN gate price, increased staffing costs...

...and still, Orlando has done it. Hollywood has now had Wizarding World for three years; the exclusive newness has worn off, and Jurassic World is expected to be open. So...

Part of me thinks that the only way that could happen, is if they somehow got clearance to do Dark Arts. And even then, that could be complicated due to the thing that makes the show stand-out..

As far as I'm aware isn't there a B-Mode that allows them to run it without the wow factor?

...and still, Orlando has done it. Hollywood has now had Wizarding World for three years; the exclusive newness has worn off, and Jurassic World is expected to be open. So...

I do not believe for a moment, that they'll have Jurassic World closed.

I could see however, TF closing, due to the new extended queue being needed and that it might be a nightmare to handle it on crowd-flow.

Reactions: chris.g