Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 105 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Given that I believe Universal Monsters will be the last announcement, I wouldn't doubt if a lot of red herrings get thrown around that time on this forum, as well as the Orlando one. Even though they're not getting it, I can honestly seem someone over there trying to "reveal" something "unique" that may "replace" our UCM maze. That's gonna be a fun time. Also expect a lot of the GA on Twitter complaining about how that spot, when announced, should've gone to The Conjuring or some other property.

On the topic of Stranger Things, I think it might be the biggest announcement of all time for HHN; it’s been everywhere and when you look up “Stranger Things” there’s a lot of articles and things about it being at HHN - that and it’s been all over Twitter.

Reactions: rageofthegods
Given that I believe Universal Monsters will be the last announcement, I wouldn't doubt if a lot of red herrings get thrown around that time on this forum, as well as the Orlando one. Even though they're not getting it, I can honestly seem someone over there trying to "reveal" something "unique" that may "replace" our UCM maze. That's gonna be a fun time. Also expect a lot of the GA on Twitter complaining about how that spot, when announced, should've gone to The Conjuring or some other property.

UCM announcement is either gonna get extremely praised or everyone is gonna complain that it’s not Conjuring/Annabelle/A Quiet Place/any horror property

*ik it’s a double post but idk how to edit quotes into a post*

Reactions: MacMillian Crew
On the topic of Stranger Things, I think it might be the biggest announcement of all time for HHN; it’s been everywhere and when you look up “Stranger Things” there’s a lot of articles and things about it being at HHN - that and it’s been all over Twitter.

I could've sworn the Shining was pretty similar (news articles everywhere), although admittedly I don't think it was on major national news networks like Stranger Things seemed to be.

I could've sworn the Shining was pretty similar (news articles everywhere), although admittedly I don't think it was on major national news networks like Stranger Things seemed to be.

The 2016 AHS announcement was also really huge, and also the OG Walking Dead announcement.

Edit - Completely forgot how big The Exorcist announcement was too. HHN has brought in so much epic stuff it’s amazing

Oh yeah, which is why I'm anticipating the huge overcrowding in the WaterWorld queue. I think we could garner almost as much hype for the IT announcement as well, hence why I think it could serve well as the 2nd maze announcement. I feel if it gets pushed to middle, it'll sort of get muddled with the other properties, that are huge in the hardcore HHN community, but not as much to the GA.

Reactions: horrornights789
Oh yeah, which is why I'm anticipating the huge overcrowding in the WaterWorld queue. I think we could garner almost as much hype for the IT announcement as well, hence why I think it could serve well as the 2nd maze announcement. I feel if it gets pushed to middle, it'll sort of get muddled with the other properties, that are huge in the hardcore HHN community, but not as much to the GA.

WW is gonna be hell this year; should definitely be an epic maze though. As for IT, if it ends up coming and is in the 747 Queue I’d wonder if TrT could get a Wait boost thanks to IT and AHS Asylum

WW is gonna be hell this year; should definitely be an epic maze though. As for IT, if it ends up coming and is in the 747 Queue I’d wonder if TrT could get a Wait boost thanks to IT and AHS Asylum

Makes you wonder, what do you think the chances of the maze locations may be off? Not all of them, but maybe some of them, given how we seemed to get the Terror Tram aspect wrong. Because if that's the case, for all we know, maybe Stranger Things might be in the backlot? We don't know where the new maze location replacing Jurassic Park queue is so perhaps they may have found a new spot somewhere back there? Put the popular IPs like IT, Trick 'r Treat, ST, and AHS back there, and have Halloween and UCM on Upper Lot.

That'd be interesting.. It would echo 2016's layout of Holiday-based horror film directed by Michael Dougherty sharing the backlot with AHS and a hot/classic horror IP from Warner Bros. and New Line Cinema..

That'd be interesting.. It would echo 2016's layout of Holiday-based horror film directed by Michael Dougherty sharing the backlot with AHS and a hot/classic horror IP from Warner Bros. and New Line Cinema..

Jesus I didn’t even realize that; this year sort of echoes 2016 given that their both fan service years and most of the IP’s are new. Also, anyone got any guesses as to where the new location will go? My bet is somewhere on the backlot

Reactions: Horror Lover

Krampus was pretty empty (20 minutes most days) so precedent says TrT won't be too crowded. Then again, TrT is probably more iconic / well-known than Krampus, so maybe it'll be a surprise smash-hit.

Edit: I really hope the new location is in the lower lot if we're losing a location there. If not, then that poor maze is gonna have wait-times the size of a rural DMV's.

The theme songs for a lot of these IPs (The Thing, IT, ST, Trick 'r Treat, AHS) are all phenomenal and just hearing them blare with their ambient facades is already giving me goose bumps. I think the only thing that could make this perfect would be if John was successful in getting more scare zones again this year.

The theme songs for a lot of these IPs (The Thing, IT, ST, Trick 'r Treat, AHS) are all phenomenal and just hearing them blare with their ambient facades is already giving me goose bumps. I think the only thing that could make this perfect would be if John was successful in getting more scare zones again this year.

Hearing the Stranger Things Theme in line is gonna be perfect, The Thing, AHS, TrT & IT should be really ominous as well. If IT comes the Neibolt House is gonna be epic to walk into

Edit: I really hope the new location is in the lower lot if we're losing a location there. If not, then that poor maze is gonna have wait-times the size of a rural DMV's.

Unless the new maze location is on the Lower Lot, then The Thing is gonna get realllyyyy long lines since it could potentially be the only maze down there

Unless the new maze location is on the Lower Lot, then The Thing is gonna get realllyyyy long lines since it could potentially be the only maze down there

I mean, on the one hand 4 mazes in the backlot would be a godsend given how long the Saw & AHS times were last year, but Insidious and The Shining had nightmare lines, and if there's only one maze down there this year, I could seriously see wait times edging towards 300 (!) minutes on peak days. Like, holy hell, can you imagine? In that time, you could probably watch the original Thing three times.

Hopefully the soundstage gets used this year so that wait-times aren't ridiculous.

I mean, on the one hand 4 mazes in the backlot would be a godsend given how long the Saw & AHS times were last year, but Insidious and The Shining had nightmare lines, and if there's only one maze down there this year, I could seriously see wait times edging towards 300 (!) minutes on peak days. Like, holy hell, can you imagine? In that time, you could probably watch the original Thing three times.

Hopefully the soundstage gets used this year so that wait-times aren't ridiculous.

Has there been any maze to garner +4 hour waits?

I mean they'd risk shooting themselves in the foot after the announcement of ST. It's probably gotten to the point that a lot of GA guests would be less excited to see Michael Myers return after hearing of a never been done before IP coming to the event.