Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 107 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I feel like Terror Tram will always get bashed on, even if the theme is great, due to the route change. Again, I know it's because of the loss of the vegetation in the hill portion, but given that TT has caused my group and I to have to get rid of that by going on it immediately, once we enter the park as the event opens, in order to avoid being in a line WITHIN the attraction, I feel that Terror Tram will never satisfy everyone. I admit, I've been focused more on the IP mazes than what Terror Tram could possibly be. I think it would be best for it to be original, as I admit last year's Titans on the tram felt a bit awkward, more than how they felt back in 07 and 08's trams.

Last edited:
Reactions: Horror Lover
I feel like Terror Tram will always get bashed on, even if the theme is great, due to the route change. Again, I know it's because of the loss of the vegetation in the hill portion, but given that TT has caused my group and I to have to get rid of that by going on it immediately, once we enter the park as the event opens, in order to avoid being in a line WITHIN the attraction, I feel that Terror Tram will never satisfy everyone. I admit, I've been focused more the on IP mazes than what Terror Tram could possibly be. I think it would be best for it to be original, as I admit last year's Titans on the tram felt a bit awkward, more than how they felt back in 07 and 08's trams.

Honestly, 2016's Tram felt a lot more designed and lively with TONS of set pieces and scareactors everywhere compared to 2017's..

Reactions: MacMillian Crew
Honestly, 2016's Tram felt a lot more designed and lively with TONS of set pieces and scareactors everywhere compared to 2017's..

Someone call up Guillermo Del Toro to present the Terror Tram already. Maybe he can slip in a sketch in between his fifty-billion other projects.

TBH the tram last year felt, at best, like an average teaser for the ToT maze.

I mean, most of the stuff planned for the tram ended up being hurriedly shoved into the maze. It made the maze effective but the tram lacking.

Throw in the casting issues and you've got a lark. The folks that were there sure gave it their all, though.

I mean, most of the stuff planned for the tram ended up being hurriedly shoved into the maze. It made the maze effective but the tram lacking.

Throw in the casting issues and you've got a lark. The folks that were there sure gave it their all, though.

So that's what happened. Honestly, that makes a lot of sense now.

God, what it would be like to be a part of the creative team last year.

Edit: also possibly explains why Jason's section in the ToT maze were so weak: most of the tram was Jason, so they moved the least amount of his stuff over to the maze.

Now I'm wondering if last year's Tram was meant to be hosted by Chucky all along or was Chucky added late in the game when Titans had to become a maze as well..

Now I'm wondering if last year's Tram was meant to be hosted by Chucky all along or was Chucky added late in the game when Titans had to become a maze as well..

I dunno, they did have the spiffy Brad-Dourif voiced Terror Tram video, so I'm pretty sure Chucky was always supposed to figure in to some degree. Then again, Chucky might've had a bigger role, or maybe the Whoville bit was supposed to be expanded, with the weird smattering of Chucky props throughout the tram concentrated in one location.

I dunno, they did have the spiffy Brad-Dourif voiced Terror Tram video, so I'm pretty sure Chucky was always supposed to figure in to some degree. Then again, Chucky might've had a bigger role, or maybe the Whoville bit was supposed to be expanded, with the weird smattering of Chucky props throughout the tram concentrated in one location.

Maybe; last year is so weird to read about considering it seems like they didn’t have much of a budget compared to previous years. I wonder what the original plans for all of the mazes/tram/scarezones were since I remember someone saying in HoB Sinister was supposed to have a lot more stuff

Just a thought I had: what if the "minor shift" is a new preview scene for IT or ST? Like WB/Netflix saw that the maze was based entirely off of the original movie / season 1 and wanted a "living trailer" a la last year? That could also explain the "IT getting scrapped" rumours going around; maybe some WB exec has been visiting alot and that caused people to speculate.

I remember someone on Twitter asking Murdy why he hasn't done Trick 'r Treat, and when he responded with, I've been waiting for the right time, it seemed as similar as a response to when, back in the summer of 2016 when Murdy asked about what IPs we wanted to see in the future, and one fan responded to him AHS, which Murdy similarly agreed like this instance.

Double Post; Sorry

Maybe if this Sunday is a scare zone announcement, we can get more info as to perhaps something getting scrapped in the case with original scare zones. That could hopefully cut away at a lot of the wild rumors of something being scrapped. For all we know, on Orlando's part, it could be they too were gonna get AHS Cult as a scare zone, with their Cult maze, but then something changed.

Last edited:
Just a thought I had: what if the "minor shift" is a new preview scene for IT or ST? Like WB/Netflix saw that the maze was based entirely off of the original movie / season 1 and wanted a "living trailer" a la last year? That could also explain the "IT getting scrapped" rumours going around; maybe some WB exec has been visiting alot and that caused people to speculate.
I think that is where a majority of these rumors come from. A secretary, page or some other person sees someone they know works for a studio and tells someone "I just saw so and so leave HHN offices, they have to be talking about X property". Months later same guy comes in and is seen leaving the meeting and then someone in the meeting on Uni's end looks upset. "Oh property X must be getting scrapped". When it could have been a creative back and forth or even a marketing meeting.

You guys.

CHILL.

The only ones left to be disappointed are us and the fact that you guys believe something got scrapped is the equivalent of the Red Scare but for the HHN community. Even if one thing falls somewhere else it doesnt mean we've succumb to the same consequence.

Last edited:
Hey guys guess what? I found out what got scrapped! EVERYTHING! Murdy has gotten so tired of the community leaking everything and complaining about the content, we pushed him over the edge. HHN is now a giant costume party selling apple juice and beer with dubstep blasting.
Well now I'm just going to complain about the type of juice they use.

Reactions: ush.hacker
Hey guys guess what? I found out what got scrapped! EVERYTHING! Murdy has gotten so tired of the community leaking everything and complaining about the content, we pushed him over the edge. HHN is now a giant costume party selling apple juice and beer with dubstep blasting.

Honestly this quote made me think of this

Last edited:
I’m down. Who needed that spoopy stuff anyways.