Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 110 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Immortal Masks look soooo good; I would fully expect to see them in at least 1-2 mazes this year(IT specifically). Speaking of masks, I’m wondering if they’ll use masks for the characters in Asylum or if they’ll cast lookalikes like Orlando did. Would be very strange to see the Santa guy, Sister Jude, & Sister Mary Eunice as masks.

I feel they may do lookalikes. It seems like Hollywood prefers lookalikes, and only resorts to Silicon masks for real faces if it's an iconic face, like Jack Nicholson and Bruce Campbell. Granted, I feel Bloody Face is gonna be used as much as Pig Man last year. And that other characters may be a one-and-done thing in that maze. I'm still looking forward to it, but like I said, I really feel it'll follow a similar format like last year, and that the only time they'll use a silicon mask if it's a non-human character that mouths lines or an iconic human face.

If memory serves correctly, the only characters, in mazes, that had silicone masks were Freddy Kruger in ToT, Jack in The Shining, and Ash in AvED

Last edited:
Reactions: horrornights789
I feel they may do lookalikes. It seems like Hollywood prefers lookalikes, and only resorts to Silicon masks for real faces if it's an iconic face, like Jack Nicholson and Bruce Campbell. Granted, I feel Bloody Face is gonna be used as much as Pig Man last year. And that other characters may be a one-and-done thing in that maze. I'm still looking forward to it, but like I said, I really feel it'll follow a similar format like last year, and that the only time they'll use a silicon mask if it's a non-human character that mouths lines or an iconic human face.

I’m hoping that they’ll know Asylum has a lot more character-scaresctor possibilities than Roanoke did, but I would be fine if Bloodyface was everywhere solely because he was such a huge player in the season, unlike Piggy Man in Roanoke

Reactions: MacMillian Crew
I’m hoping that they’ll know Asylum has a lot more character-scaresctor possibilities than Roanoke did, but I would be fine if Bloodyface was everywhere solely because he was such a huge player in the season, unlike Piggy Man in Roanoke

I feel John will be more invested in this season, as it's been around for a while and was his motivation for the 1 season per maze vibe. Also given that they barely started doing it last year, it can be argued that Roanoke was adjusting to that format, and now they know what works and doesn't when focusing an entire house on one season. It's what made AHS: Roanoke my favorite house last year.

I feel John will be more invested in this season, as it's been around for a while and was his motivation for the 1 season per maze vibe. Also given that they barely started doing it last year, it can be argued that Roanoke was adjusting to that format, and now they know what works and doesn't when focusing an entire house on one season. It's what made AHS: Roanoke my favorite house last year.

Glad to know Roanoke was someone else’s #1; and yeah John has consistently said Asylum is his favorite season I think it’ll show

Glad to know Roanoke was someone else’s #1; and yeah John has consistently said Asylum is his favorite season I think it’ll show

Hence why I feel more confident about the rumored mazes this year; they're all based on one storyline, in a sense. IT is based on a single movie, as are Trick 'r Treat, The Thing, and Halloween. AHS and Stranger Things are all based on 1 season. This will allow the creative time to focus primarily on those storylines, and not feel pressured to cut corners to include elements from a multitude of films or seasons, resulting in awkward transitions (or lack of), more characters, and chances to put more intricate designs in settings. That's why Universal Monsters is the only maze that has a bit of a risk. It can go the way of House of Horrors, or can end up like Horrors of Blumhouse.

Hence why I feel more confident about the rumored mazes this year; they're all based on one storyline, in a sense. IT is based on a single movie, as are Trick 'r Treat, The Thing, and Halloween. AHS and Stranger Things are all based on 1 season. This will allow the creative time to focus primarily on those storylines, and not feel pressured to cut corners to include elements from a multitude of films or seasons, resulting in awkward transitions (or lack of), more characters, and chances to put more intricate designs in settings. That's why Universal Monsters is the only maze that has a bit of a risk. It can go the way of House of Horrors, or can end up like Horrors of Blumhouse.

Agreed, but the great thing with UCM is that it’s a property Murdy has been wanting to do forever(like Exorcist and Shining). This year has such amazing potential

Agreed, but the great thing with UCM is that it’s a property Murdy has been wanting to do forever(like Exorcist and Shining). This year has such amazing potential

Agreed! Which is why I hope there isn't any interference going into the physical component of building the mazes. Hell, even Jason Blum recently announced he was satisfied with the current cut of Halloween, which hopefully means we won't have a recap of Insidious like last year, going into Halloween this year.

Agreed! Which is why I hope there isn't any interference going into the physical component of building the mazes. Hell, even Jason Blum recently announced he was satisfied with the current cut of Halloween, which hopefully means we won't have a recap of Insidious like last year, going into Halloween this year.

So far the set details that have been released for Halloween look very promising for not only the movie but the maze; the fact it’s confirmed the asylum, High School, and Laurie’s House are gonna be involved are very promising

So far the set details that have been released for Halloween look very promising for not only the movie but the maze; the fact it’s confirmed the asylum, High School, and Laurie’s House are gonna be involved are very promising

At this point it's just figuring out where it's gonna be located. Most likely back lot, as lower lot has too much construction, and I feel Upper lot would be a bit crammed. Not to mention we don't even know what Terror Tram is.

At this point it's just figuring out where it's gonna be located. Most likely back lot, as lower lot has too much construction, and I feel Upper lot would be a bit crammed. Not to mention we don't even know what Terror Tram is.

I’m cautiously optimistic about if Halloween ends up on the Backlot; on one hand it’ll have a lot of space but on the other hand the lower lot and backlot will be insane. If Thing goes in Mummy it’ll get a huge wait time boost, and the backlot mazes will have large wait times

I’m cautiously optimistic about if Halloween ends up on the Backlot; on one hand it’ll have a lot of space but on the other hand the lower lot and backlot will be insane. If Thing goes in Mummy it’ll get a huge wait time boost, and the backlot mazes will have large wait times

I think that's sadly one of the sacrifices that we have to endure. That also makes me wonder how successful John was at convincing to bring more scare zones back. Because it would be great having them in Lower Lot, especially with only 1 maze there, as well as back to Baker and French streets. But backlot has recently been heading towards more of the event's hot spot, and granted that's sadly what we have to endure until construction ends and in future years have a better idea for maze placement.

Do you guys think John will announce the scare zones or a maze and what kind of scare zones would you like to see at the event this year

John said on Twitter no more maze announcements until next month. It seems most likely we'll get the gauntlet scare zone announcement for AHS: Cult tomorrow. The rest should be announced at Midsummer Scream, most likely.

Do you guys think John will announce the scare zones or a maze and what kind of scare zones would you like to see at the event this year

AHS Cult and legit anything else. I think Cult will be announced tomorrow along with the return of an AHS maze based on another season *cough Asylum cough*

I think that's sadly one of the sacrifices that we have to endure. That also makes me wonder how successful John was at convincing to bring more scare zones back. Because it would be great having them in Lower Lot, especially with only 1 maze there, as well as back to Baker and French streets. But backlot has recently been heading towards more of the event's hot spot, and granted that's sadly what we have to endure until construction ends and in future years have a better idea for maze placement.

I think with no mega maze in Parisian this year(Blumhouse was the largest maze of all time), French & Baker Street should be available for a SZ.

AHS Cult and legit anything else

I think with no mega maze in Parisian this year(Blumhouse was the largest maze of all time), French & Baker Street should be available for a SZ.

Hopefully! There shouldn't be a need for an outside portion of the maze going there this year. If it's the movie theater structure they're going with, it can be similar to El Cucuy, especially with Mel's next to it. Though it would be interesting to see if they do everything in black and white or colorized, like Tech-Ni-Color