Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 108 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have to admit, while I highly doubt it is coming to Hollywood, I would love a Lost Boys maze.

Last edited:
But technically the only time cotton candy was ever mentioned in the movie was when Pennywise was talking to Georgie, and I really doubt they would pump that smell during a recreation of that encounter. The smells of that IP will most likely be woods, burning, musty house, and sewer smells. Perhaps even meat if they had some of those scenes.

The words "cut scene with cotton candy smell" makes me nervous like no one's business, given what's going on with IT at Orlando.
Perhaps that made a Original Scene with a Cotton Candy Smell for IT and they decided to not do the scene. As in changes during design like Murdy said. Not like a property has changed or anything major like that.

I more curious about the one he says fans will debate what is original.

I think we may be getting an original take on an IP like TCM: Blood Brothers.

Reactions: marip123

It was mentioned by people on the HNN Forums that there will be a mashup of Monsters that is debatably Original and IP.

What I am guessing is that Universal Monsters will have a Original Take on it to make them more scary and that it will have a Original backstory along with some original elements while still featuring the scenes from the films.

Reactions: rageofthegods

Presumably it's a return IP, or otherwise one that's not a "living trailer" house and hasn't been at the event yet; I'm guessing either UCM or The Thing.

It was mentioned by people on the HNN Forums that there will be a mashup of Monsters that is debatably Original and IP.

What I am guessing is that Universal Monsters will have a Original Take on it to make them more scary and that it will have a Original backstory along with some original elements while still featuring the scenes from the films.
Yup, I forgot about that. I'd bet that is exactly what it it is.

When it comes to these properties, one of the things that I've been keeping in mind with highly-requested IPs (The Conjuring, IT, Stranger Things, Trick 'r Treat) is that obviously certain elements are gonna be cut out, especially if the creative team has a different approach or vision of how it all plays out. I had this hunch with Stranger Things, not only because I knew it wouldn't be on both seasons, but that it would focus more on the horror elements than the nostalgic wonder of the show. Similar with IT. My thing is that if they do IT, I have a really good feeling it's gonna be starting with Neibolt and we're gonna go through that house of horrors portion of the film, which then follows immediately into the sewers portion. In essence, pretty similar to the attraction WB did, but just with more live actors and different order of scenes. Plus putting scary characters that were early in the film into the maze to fill in gaps.

Reactions: chris.g