Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 166 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What's disturbing is I can totally imagine her laugh tied to the trigger for when the scareactors pop out with strobe lights. Plus masks of Madea similar to our Jack and Ash masks from last year.

*walks down a black hallway with box at the end*

*actor hits trigger*

“HELLURRRRRR!!!!”

Edit - Would y’all rather Horrors of Blumhouse ft Unfriended, The Gallows, and Purge with Insidious sets vs Tyler Perry’s Boo: A Madea Halloween Maze

Reactions: Dr. Herbert West
*walks down a black hallway with box at the end*

*actor hits trigger*

“HELLURRRRRR!!!!”

Edit - Would y’all rather Horrors of Blumhouse ft Unfriended, The Gallows, and Purge with Insidious sets vs Tyler Perry’s Boo: A Madea Halloween Maze

Here's my logic:

Tyler Perry is far, far, far more popular than Unfriended, the Gallows, maybe even the Purge.

Besides being proof that ol' Madea slipped God a hundred, it also means that the GA's would probably flock to a Tyler Perry maze.

Ergo, less people in line at the mazes I want to go through.

So sure, why not? Tyler Perry maze. Let's do this.

Last edited:
Barely seeing how, on Twitter, Murdy had a Mexican-themed original concept maze planned for this year, but pushed out of the final lineup, and then later hoping it can come to fruition next year, makes ya wonder if whoever replaces him next year (assuming he doesn't surprise us by saying he is still involved next year) will be willing to put it into motion, and not have it meet the same demise as Killerz.

Barely seeing how, on Twitter, Murdy had a Mexican-themed original concept maze planned for this year, but pushed out of the final lineup, and then later hoping it can come to fruition next year, makes ya wonder if whoever replaces him next year (assuming he doesn't surprise us by saying he is still involved next year) will be willing to put it into motion, and not have it meet the same demise as Killerz.

Ah crap, I loved those Urban Legends mazes! Wonder what it would have been? El Silbon? El Chupacabra (use all those American Werewolf in London rigs?)

That would be cool.. he can even say he's leaving it as a goodbye present from him

those last post are funny.

sensitive people are kinda ruining these events in a way too.

look what happened too knotts i think last year, and the purge auctioneer a few yrs back.

heck when you see people pushing baby strollers through mazes somethings not right. :think:

Reactions: MacMillian Crew
not bashing any youngsters that are here . but these events are dumping grounds for teens, young adults.

at least from what i seen working knotts few years back. pretty sure universal is the same

My biggest fear is that whoever replaces Murdy will basically be a push-over. I know there's a lot of talk on this forum and positive hopes for whoever takes the reigns next year and onward will hopefully revamp the entire event, by demanding a bigger budget, adding more original-concept mazes, fighting harder for IPs that are not only in high demand, but have never even been at the event, more scare zones and actors, no black walls, decreases in the use of strobe-light/loud sound effect scares, etc.. But honestly, I've been concerned about the possibility that whoever is set to replace Murdy will basically bend over (metaphorically) to the higher-ups, gladly accepting whatever budget THEY want to give HHN, bringing only whatever IPs THEY think are still "hip and cool with the kids", decreasing the amount of scare zones, cutting more corners in maze design and construction. I just hope whatever happens in future events, last year's HHN will be like a nasty memory, and not a pattern.

My biggest fear is that whoever replaces Murdy will basically be a push-over. I know there's a lot of talk on this forum and positive hopes for whoever takes the reigns next year and onward will hopefully revamp the entire event, by demanding a bigger budget, adding more original-concept mazes, fighting harder for IPs that are not only in high demand, but have never even been at the event, more scare zones and actors, no black walls, decreases in the use of strobe-light/loud sound effect scares, etc.. But honestly, I've been concerned about the possibility that whoever is set to replace Murdy will basically bend over (metaphorically) to the higher-ups, gladly accepting whatever budget THEY want to give HHN, bringing only whatever IPs THEY think are still "hip and cool with the kids", decreasing the amount of scare zones, cutting more corners in maze design and construction. I just hope whatever happens in future events, last year's HHN will be like a nasty memory, and not a pattern.

You mean a creative director who's so bad that we'll be blowing up Murdy's Twitter, begging him to come out of retirement and take the reigns of HHN Hollywood again?

You mean a creative director who's so bad that we'll be blowing up Murdy's Twitter, begging him to come out of retirement and take the reigns of HHN Hollywood again?

Someone so bad, they make Murdy look more creative and ambitious than Jon Cooke. (imagine, that would be disturbing)

Just a guess here but could be Chris Williams that takes over. I don't follow everything but that's my good guess. Hasn't he been by murdys side since the beginning.

Reactions: Horror Lover
Hip and cool hmmmm. Purge and walking dead will never leave