Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 170 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Leakers, while sometimes reliable, aren’t always right. Last year the whole Leatherface situation proved that and it continued this year with the wrong lineup being leaked first and saying that terror tram wasn’t happening. There’s a chance they’re right, but there’s also a chance they’re wrong and every bit of inside info should be taken with a grain of salt rather than accepting it as law

Totally in agreement there; I'm not sure if I believe the First Purge leaks either. But it's worth separating the IPs that are leaked from the IPs that come up from pure speculation; HoB2 seems like it's the second one.

Didn't Legacy also say that we're only sharing one more IP with Orlando? Supposedly they have HoB2, Halloween, and Poltergeist coming...

I did not hear that. Last I checked, it was "All IPs at Hollywood are shared, and we also got First Purge along with it." That's really weird if that's the case.

Didn't Legacy also say that we're only sharing one more IP with Orlando? Supposedly they have HoB2, Halloween, and Poltergeist coming...

He said were also sharing Poltergeist and Halloween. IIRC he said were only sharing 4(StrTh, TrT, and then those 2). Also they’re either getting a solo HDD maze or a HoB 2 with HDD and no Purge

Leakers, while sometimes reliable, aren’t always right. Last year the whole Leatherface situation proved that and it continued this year with the wrong lineup being leaked first and saying that terror tram wasn’t happening. There’s a chance they’re right, but there’s also a chance they’re wrong and every bit of inside info should be taken with a grain of salt rather than accepting it as law

crazy people. lol

Tempting since i live closer now. but hearing all these negative things about uni im extremely reluctant. but who knows. :faint:

It’s still a wonderful event, easily better than anything local in North California. It’s just last year was really bad compared to the standard at Uni, and the fact that Orlando knocks it out of the park nearly every year, with this year for them looking to be one of their GOAT’s

Reactions: Horror Lover
Here's a random thought for discussion.

People read all these negative things from forums, Facebook, etc. And universal suffers low attendance records, low ticket sales, etc.

People just stop caring and stop showing up.

Not saying this will happen.

But kinda a what if stage.

Reactions: Horror Lover

People read all these negative things from forums, Facebook, etc. And universal suffers low attendance records, low ticket sales, etc.

We were often worried that was what would happen in years past, especially when certain IPs were repeated..

Reactions: HauntfanLA

To say this, as someone who's heard of both Orlando and Hollywood, either HHN or not, word of mouth can be sometimes be the devil, or the messiah.

I wouldn't be surprised if HHNH got a decline in attendance last year, due to the WoM the event had. If it's like last year but for this year, I wouldn't be surprised if we see further decline.

We were often worried that was what would happen in years past, especially when certain IPs were repeated..

Well there for awhile I personally thought thought they weren't gonna get off walking dead bandwagon. Now there on the purge bandwagon. I understand it's there property. But like many I would like to see fresh things.

To say this, as someone who's heard of both Orlando and Hollywood, either HHN or not, word of mouth can be sometimes be the devil, or the messiah.

I wouldn't be surprised if HHNH got a decline in attendance last year, due to the WoM the event had. If it's like last year but for this year, I wouldn't be surprised if we see further decline.

If this IS truly the case... ooh boy, HHN Hollywood better pray for a miracle this year..

Well I remember last year people complaining that, towards the end of the Halloween season, that they bought RIP/FoL and there weren't many people there, meaning they could make every attraction in the normal line without the passes, making them unnecessary. Plus, add that with Universal lowering all the prices on some nights towards the end, I'm sure that was a wake-up call that, compared to the previous year, 2017 was a huge slump year.

Well I remember last year people complaining that, towards the end of the Halloween season, that they bought RIP/FoL and there weren't many people there, meaning they could make every attraction in the normal line without the passes, making them unnecessary. Plus, add that with Universal lowering all the prices on some nights towards the end, I'm sure that was a wake-up call that, compared to the previous year, 2017 was a huge slump year.

Which is why I’m hoping they’re upping the budget this year. The lineup this year really isn’t that bad; Poltergeist has been wanted forever, Purge is still marketable, Halloween 2018 is sure to be the highest grossing horror film of the year(unless The Nun pulls an Annabelle 2), Trick ‘r Treat is a dream property, and Stranger Things is Stranger Things. I have little to no faith in Blumhouse 2 unless they include Sinister and Get Out, and no Insidious.

Idk I just think that hopefully Universal would realize that last year sucked and give this year a budget increase, IMO it doesn’t make sense that Orlando can get 10 houses while we’re struggling have a budget for 7(WD is year round so not counting it).

To say this, if you want changes, I think people need a to look, at creative.

I am having more and more fears of a rerun of last year, and if it's like last year, I hope to God it has an impact, similar to how Drupercharged is seeming affecting UC in general, going forward.

Idk I just think that hopefully Universal would realize that last year sucked and give this year a budget increase, IMO it doesn’t make sense that Orlando can get 10 houses while we’re struggling have a budget for 7(WD is year round so not counting it).
Orlando's is the more visited and more profitable event. USF is packed virtually every night of the event with insane waits for every house. Especially with losing B&T, a 10th house was pretty much necessary to accommodate the amount of people that come to the event.

You also have to take into account that USH is smaller and has less space to put houses.

Reactions: horrornights789
To say this, if you want changes, I think people need a to look, at creative.

I am having more and more fears of a rerun of last year, and if it's like last year, I hope to God it has an impact, similar to how Drupercharged is seeming affecting UC in general, going forward.

If this year ends up as a dud in Hollywood they %100 need to go after IP’s like Scream, The Conjuring, and IT since it’ll pull in more crowds that’ll get more money(in addition to Stranger Things’ crowds). I still hope Murdy does a good job though since he seems like a great guy

Orlando's is the more visited and more profitable event. USF is packed virtually every night of the event with insane waits for every house. Especially with losing B&T, a 10th house was pretty much necessary to accommodate the amount of people that come to the event.

You also have to take into account that USH is smaller and has less space to put houses.

True, I just wish Hollywood would either lose a house so we can get houses like 2016’s or up the budget since last year all the houses got repetitive in scare types and blank hallways of nothing

True, I just wish Hollywood would either lose a house so we can get houses like 2016’s or up the budget since last year all the houses got repetitive in scare types and blank hallways of nothing
Yeah, I have a friend who has been going to HHN in Orlando for years and just last year went to Hollywood for the first time. She was not impressed.

If this year ends up as a dud in Hollywood they %100 need to go after IP’s like Scream, The Conjuring, and IT since it’ll pull in more crowds that’ll get more money(in addition to Stranger Things’ crowds). I still hope Murdy does a good job though since he seems like a great guy

To be honest, we need a seismic change in many things. At this point, Hollywood built itself on a structure, that has now become in my opinion, dangerous.

The over use of IP.

I think this delves to a much larger post, and I may make a thread about it, but that the Hollywood team is doing too much on IPs, to where I think they will run out of what to use faster than anything before. And to be honest, I think we need to not look at Murdy as the savior.

I believe he is going to slowly kill the Hollywood event. And that, I firmly believe, that they need to not only radically change beliefs and direction, but how things are managed, coordinated, and made to be.

I firmly believe, that Hollywood needs to be let go of Murdy/Williams. And I hate saying that, as Murdy was the one man that inspired me to become who I am. But that doesn't mean I think he is doing the event Justice.

I want to see fresh blood. I want to see, local, blood. And as much as I am happy that he can live in Ireland and do HHN both, I don't believe he is fit to lead Horror Nights anymore. Especially, with how great Aiello and his teams lead the Orlando event, and especially, with Karen Irwin leading the park.

Once he leaves, then sure, let's see what someone new can do with some highly requested things. But, I am not going to believe in Murdy anymore.

Crazy, when the original lineup was leaked, everyone was hopeful and excited (including me). Right after the new lineup was leaked, everything fell apart.

Crazy, when the original lineup was leaked, everyone was hopeful and excited (including me). Right after the new lineup was leaked, everything fell apart.

Mostly because of the properties lost and how requested they were. Asylum was really anticipated since ever since AHS 1.0 John talked about wanting to do that season and it just seems awkward we ended on Roanoke while Orlando did 6/7 seasons. IT is IT so I think the thought of that possibly coming was awesome, but realistically it was probably never coming and The Purge doesn’t get the same hype that would. And The Thing(1982) has been requested forever but Poltergeist is an even trade in my opinion

Reactions: cdogsumo
Okay so here’s what I’m thinking might be the lineup - rumors and leakers be damned...

1. Stranger Things
(Announced)

2. Trick r Treat
(Announced)

3. Poltergeist
(Our Classic House this year and generally agreed to be coming between the Orlando leakers and the ones here)

4. Horrors of Blumhouse (containing the First Purge)
(Seems like a no brainer that they encore the maze that seemed most popular with the GP, especially with the many options Blumhouse has to offer)

5. Halloween (2018)
(Murdy still has all the Michael Myers gear ready to go PLUS Michael was mysteriously absent from ToT last year when even Chucky was considered a “Titan”)

6. American Horror Story: Asylum
(A dream property for Murdy and something he probably fought tooth and nail for what looks to be his last hurrah. I could see it becoming a season mashup or even Cult if the higher ups put the nix on it, but I think AHS will be represented this year)

7. Universal Classic Monsters
(Another dream property and one that seemingly all the leakers can agree on)

Thoughts?