Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 203 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Now that I think about it.. Freddy WAS at both events last year.. who's to say they didn't dance around the rights issues by branding him under Titans of Terror/Freddy Vs. Jason instead of NOES? Could very well be a way they can dance around Horror Made Here's usage of the New Line IPs..
Literally been saying this the whole time and that I don't think the WB event means anything about our IPs.

Reactions: Horror Lover
Its hard for me to think that IT or The Conjuring are coming to the event when most of the facades this year are visible and none of them resemble something from either property.

No one here genuinely believed IT or The Conjuring was coming this year; we were all just joking around about extreme curve balls Murdy could throw at us. It wasn't serious, legitimate maze speculation.

Oh my gosh.....I am getting serious Vietnam flashbacks from last year's speculation. I recall people (Especially on HNN) insisting that the Insidious facade actually had the Neibolt house built behind it and it was all an elaborate rouse for Murdy to trick us into thinking we aren't getting IT. Guys....Murdy is a genius carney, but he's carney in a whole different way. He can trick us into thinking we're getting a good maze when in fact we're just getting black walls.

If you wanna see It, go next door. It will probably be better.

I know the studio won't go for it, but it would be interesting if they could do an actually creepy themed Whoville section on the terror tram, as in focusing on a demented version of the characters for that IP. A perverse, twisted look on Dr. Seuss could make an interesting haunted attraction.

Reactions: Dr. Herbert West
I know the studio won't go for it, but it would be interesting if they could do an actually creepy themed Whoville section on the terror tram, as in focusing on a demented version of the characters for that IP. A perverse, twisted look on Dr. Seuss could make an interesting haunted attraction.

The Estate of the Seuss family would be on Universal's ass if they even remotely considered doing that to their characters.

Reactions: MacMillian Crew
The Estate of the Seuss family would be on Universal's ass if they even remotely considered doing that to their characters.
They tried that in Orlando back when they first did HHN at IoA. They wanted a scarezone with the Whos in Seuss Landing, but the Seuss estate was not exactly thrilled about that. They ended up with a dead zone with some fog and lights.

Now that I think about it.. Freddy WAS at both events last year.. who's to say they didn't dance around the rights issues by branding him under Titans of Terror/Freddy Vs. Jason instead of NOES? Could very well be a way they can dance around Horror Made Here's usage of the New Line IPs..

I don't think it was a dance. I think the contract for Freddy had already been signed and the contract for the Conjuring was still pending. Remember when Murdy said he was pitching a maze and the twitter world lost it assuming we lost a IP, yet it turned out the IP holder wanted to see the maze concept before signing off on it.

I assume they signed off on a multi year agreement for Freddy a few years ago (hence why he was used so often) and that when it came time to sign off on The Conjuring WB said "Yeah we're thinking about doing our thing" and then pulled The Conjuring off the table.

My guess is same story with IT this year.

They tried that in Orlando back when they first did HHN at IoA. They wanted a scarezone with the Whos in Seuss Landing, but the Seuss estate was not exactly thrilled about that. They ended up with a dead zone with some fog and lights.
NOT entirely true... They wanted to call it "Grinch Night", but Audrey said "NO". Universal was only allowed to have fog, eerie lighting & play the Seuss Landing soundtrack backwards...

However, in 2005, Seuss Landing was an actual scarezone with scareactors. Seuss Landing & Toon Lagoon were deemed two islands in one "North Hallow" & "South Hallow" of Terra Cruentus.

You are correct on the dance around of NOES by using Freddy vs. Jason. Just looked at the key art for Titans of Terror last year and they only had the copyright for TCM and FVJ

You are correct on the dance around of NOES by using Freddy vs. Jason. Just looked at the key art for Titans of Terror last year and they only had the copyright for TCM and FVJ
Not sure how it is a dance around. New Line owned Freddy in Freddy vs Jason as well as NOES. The character is licensed right along with the movie.

EDIT: Interesting though I looked up the old commercial for Titans of Terror and found that Vortex still owned the rights to TCM.

I think they also got the rights for the 2009 F13 reboot since all the content and Jasons design in the maze were from it, that and on the rules board outside where it has all the copyright fine print the 2009 remake was on that list.